[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
EmmSquared wrote:
Hey all, it's pretty cool playing a build that so many other people are having a fun time with. I'm leaning towards targeting Atziri's Reflection as my next upgrade (lots of saving) but was wondering if anyone felt another upgrade would serve me better. I feel like DPS is good. Survivability is sometimes a little iffy but I just aim to never get hit and that helps :)

Reflection sounds reasonable for your next Upgrade, otherwise i would definitely inprove your gloves,21 life no mana no nothing is not helping when you talk about surviving ;), if you up to buying some gloves i have a really nice pair for sale here

Otherwise look for a better pair of boots with a nice temple mod.

just hit me up ingame if your interested
Last edited by Lightzorzz on Jan 9, 2020, 1:45:13 PM
"
EmmSquared wrote:
but was wondering if anyone felt another upgrade would serve me better.

Definitely get the FP enchant on a helm, and some boots with the crit enchant.
The difference is night and day when you have both of those enchants.
Also your shield is pretty naked, and try to fit more cast speed and crit multu on that and/or your amulet.Amulets are where we want pretty much all damage mods, no resists or life on it if at all possible.
Also you can annoint your rings if you do a lot of Blight encounters. I put the fire tower mod on both of them out of personal preference.
Last edited by Gulch on Jan 9, 2020, 2:11:49 PM

Finished couple items today.

Helmet: Rolled with Pristime + Metallic until I got life, lightning res reduction to enemies and resists. It had open suffix for resist craft and I decided to slam prefix with Warlord's Exalted Orb. Options were +1 to max power charge, +ele dam and the one I got: phys dam taken as fire. Too bad it was just T2 instead of T1.

Gloves: Bought ones with Blind and Faster Casting. Gloves are a good place for additional dex, so I got that covered now.

Boots: Searched a pair with life, ms and res along with one open prefix and two open suffixes. Now I have Totem Placement Speed and I'm 100% sure I can't be frozen (died once to strongbox when I didn't have charges on my Heat flask). I have to run lab a bit to get the better enchant on it (crit).
Last edited by Wermine on Jan 9, 2020, 8:05:09 PM
"
Wermine wrote:
"
DRW2017 wrote:

Thanks. Ran some numbers. Xbox only 6 link available is 7ex. (About 525 co at going rate on Xbox.) on pc you can get a better one for 270 co :-(
Even so def cheaper than attempting to roll it, but will be some time before I earn 7ex! But seem to be rolling over things with just the 4 link at any rate, put a Vaal fireball and connected it to culling strike for the other two links, actually a pretty handy boss finisher...

Now compare prices between 100 or 150 fuses and The Jeweller's Touch Prophecy. 5-link is enough for a long time. Remember that quality makes it easier to link, so make the armor at least 20% quality first (more with Hillock on Fortify but do not beastcraft 30% quality, that corrupts the item and you can't link it viably anymore), if you choose fuses over prophecy.

Culling Strike is indeed a good choice. Especially in this league where metamorphs are very durable and take a long time to kill.

Thanks again for the advice. The fireball /cull worked well, finally used to take out kitava (deathless, i have only been killed by nasty metamorphs one shooting me...)
Now In maps decided to try your 5 link strategy. C45co for the prophecy, about 70co for 100 or so fundings, but thought that I’d try using my 40 or so fusings first just to give the tiny chance for a six. Didn’t get the 6 but DID get a 5. Fusings required: 2
Gods of RNG clearly on this piece! Love this build :-)
How about 2 Essence Worms with Hatred/Zealoty?
Still, is a (idial)rare ring better than 2 essence worms?

(I have Coward+Reflection.)
Whats the minimum level to switch from Holy Flame Totems to Freezing Pulse Totems?

I'm about to hit 49 with both rings, chest, and three required jewels. If I equip the chest at 49 and switch to totems would I be gimping myself compared to just waiting for the Cruel Lab nodes? (I would also be grabbing Sanctum of Thought if I made the switch as well)
Last edited by Sevreth72 on Jan 10, 2020, 12:39:24 AM
"
knj1682 wrote:
How about 2 Essence Worms with Hatred/Zealoty?
Still, is a (idial)rare ring better than 2 essence worms?

(I have Coward+Reflection.)

You can run the numbers in pob. Personally I chose one Essence Worm and rare ring over two Essences. It's because I want life from ring and my resists are quite tight as it is. Also the rare ring does give me crit chance, cast speed and general inc dam, so dps is not totally lost.

But if you can cover resists, do not need the life and can get juicy Watcher's Eye with Zealotry and Hatred mods, go for it. You can check poe.ninja's builds too, some people do run two Essences.

Edit: Checked your chararacter and it's.. weird. Your torso, belt and shield are toptier and everything else is leveling gear. How's that possible? Replace the leveling gear asap (5c per slot likely doubles or triples your dps). Also get 20/20 corrupted Freezing pulse, it costs 3c.
Last edited by Wermine on Jan 10, 2020, 12:54:18 AM
Thanks to Wallach and this build for another great league.

Only thing I feel left to do is get my gems to lvl 5. Otherwise I am done chasing GG items.

PoB
https://pastebin.com/bgENyCi2

My gear:

Time to grind out my 40 and play some meme builds.

Edit: I put my militant faith jewel in top witch socket. No nodes were changed, just Devotion for damage.
Last edited by Bresepls on Jan 10, 2020, 1:30:08 AM
I see lots of people use bottled faith. Is it that much higher dps than Wise Oak because when I tried it in pob it actually shows loss in dps.
"
ntpphong wrote:
I see lots of people use bottled faith. Is it that much higher dps than Wise Oak because when I tried it in pob it actually shows loss in dps.

TBH. I have been using both. Life, Wiseoak, quicksilver, diamond, bottled faith.

As for Bottled Faith DPS calcs. In POB I believe you need to have "Is enemy on consecrated ground" checked for it to show dps gains.

That box is right above "is the enemy a boss" toggle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info