[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
DRW2017 wrote:
Hi - decided to follow a guide in detail for the first time (2 years, on xbox), and selected yiur excellent build as I have wanted to try a totem build,

Just after some advice: in act 8, managed to snag a soul mantle for just 2co, and got lucky in jewellers to take it to 6 sockets links 4x and 2x. When I get more currency I will try the fusing spam to attempt 6 link but this needs to wait

I don't know anything about xbox economy, but it's way better to buy 6-linked Soul Mantle in pc rather than trying to link yourself. Check your prices (1500 fuses from bench for sure deal versus 6-link Soul Mantle cost from trade).
Why are we prioritising the watcher's eye mod "Damage Penetrates X% Cold Resistance while affected by Hatred" ?
If I compare it in POB with a jewel that has "+X% to Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred" it shows as a better dps increase?

"
Why are we prioritising the watcher's eye mod "Damage Penetrates X% Cold Resistance while affected by Hatred" ?
If I compare it in POB with a jewel that has "+X% to Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred" it shows as a better dps increase?

Good question. Also check whether or not pob calculates the stat correctly (some stats are red in the item and you need to make a workaround for them.). I also compared some Watcher's Eyes and if I'm correct, they all have quite similar damage. Hatred has many options (crit chance, cold pen, cold dam, another cold dam, phys to cold) and those are all semiexpensive or expensive. Zealotry has only one good affix (cast speed) and that's cheap.

The dps is so close to each of those that I go by the price. So I chose Zealotry as my aura and ofc cast speed WE. Of course if you're loaded you can buy a WE with two Hatred affixes and then it's superior to anything. But people, I implore you to check the aura and WE options in pob so you can make an informed decision what to buy.
"
DRW2017 wrote:

My question is: what do I do with the two spare linked sockets? Any spell I put in will become a totem and I will rarely use (as two weaker totems would replace 2 strong FP totems).

Just put in the 5th and 6th gem and level them up,don't put those spells on your hotbar, ignore them until you get a 6 link.
This way, when your'e ready, those gems will be ready.
"
Wermine wrote:
"
DRW2017 wrote:
Hi - decided to follow a guide in detail for the first time (2 years, on xbox), and selected yiur excellent build as I have wanted to try a totem build,

Just after some advice: in act 8, managed to snag a soul mantle for just 2co, and got lucky in jewellers to take it to 6 sockets links 4x and 2x. When I get more currency I will try the fusing spam to attempt 6 link but this needs to wait

I don't know anything about xbox economy, but it's way better to buy 6-linked Soul Mantle in pc rather than trying to link yourself. Check your prices (1500 fuses from bench for sure deal versus 6-link Soul Mantle cost from trade).

Thanks. Ran some numbers. Xbox only 6 link available is 7ex. (About 525 co at going rate on Xbox.) on pc you can get a better one for 270 co :-(
Even so def cheaper than attempting to roll it, but will be some time before I earn 7ex! But seem to be rolling over things with just the 4 link at any rate, put a Vaal fireball and connected it to culling strike for the other two links, actually a pretty handy boss finisher...
"
DRW2017 wrote:

Thanks. Ran some numbers. Xbox only 6 link available is 7ex. (About 525 co at going rate on Xbox.) on pc you can get a better one for 270 co :-(
Even so def cheaper than attempting to roll it, but will be some time before I earn 7ex! But seem to be rolling over things with just the 4 link at any rate, put a Vaal fireball and connected it to culling strike for the other two links, actually a pretty handy boss finisher...

Now compare prices between 100 or 150 fuses and The Jeweller's Touch Prophecy. 5-link is enough for a long time. Remember that quality makes it easier to link, so make the armor at least 20% quality first (more with Hillock on Fortify but do not beastcraft 30% quality, that corrupts the item and you can't link it viably anymore), if you choose fuses over prophecy.

Culling Strike is indeed a good choice. Especially in this league where metamorphs are very durable and take a long time to kill.
I've decided I'm going to try by myself to get the Atziri shield. But I got some questions if someone can help me:

1) Is it viable to farm vaal temple for the beauty through Death? Can it drop in another location?
2) Can Queen's Sacrife be given by navali?
3) Can this build do Uber Atziri?
Question for you guys:

Does the "Criticil Strikes penetrate xx% of Enemy Elemental Resistance while affected by Zealotry" work with our totems?
Hi, so is it better to run a shield with +1 totem or run dual sticks??
jumping into my first totem build!
Last edited by Sevreth72 on Jan 8, 2020, 10:42:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info