[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Travesty9090 wrote:
"
Rothture wrote:
Why doesn't the Heart of Ice's energy shield leech working ? I thought it was gonna be a good defensive layer to leech es with every hit if it would've worked.

Your totems are doing damage, not you.

It doesn't specify as attack or spell damage tho. Just cold damage. It would've been great but well .. Thanks
"
aka2411 wrote:
feels like before you can get the mirror you will have a hard time at anything. boss dmg is not that great and high content can easily kills you :(

That's not true, I'm wrecking everything in my path and I don't have the mirror.
What is your tooltip damage in your hideout?
I'm at work but iirc mine is something like 150k-ish? And when I'm fully buffed (meaning in a fight with all buffs and charges) I've reached over 600k per totem. While that's not god tier, it surely is enough to do all content.

Looking at your character,you could get the crit enchant on your boots, that will give you another 10k-20k damage per totem at end game.Other than that it looks like your gear is better than mine.
I haven't killed the awakener yet, the first 2 tries I was in panic mode and kept messing up with the degen but had him at 10% health both times, and the 3rd time it was so laggy I was dying to the storms that "weren't there". :/

Edit: one more thing after looking at your skill tree, do you have points to spend? If you can somehow take Doom Cast you will notice a big difference there.
Maybe regret a few minor nodes to grab it. I believe I took Doom Cast around level 80-85.
Last edited by Gulch on Jan 10, 2020, 11:41:19 AM
"
Rothture wrote:
"
Travesty9090 wrote:
"
Rothture wrote:
Why doesn't the Heart of Ice's energy shield leech working ? I thought it was gonna be a good defensive layer to leech es with every hit if it would've worked.

Your totems are doing damage, not you.

It doesn't specify as attack or spell damage tho. Just cold damage. It would've been great but well .. Thanks

You can't leech because you're not the one doing the damage. ;)
"
Gulch wrote:
"
aka2411 wrote:
feels like before you can get the mirror you will have a hard time at anything. boss dmg is not that great and high content can easily kills you :(

That's not true, I'm wrecking everything in my path and I don't have the mirror.
What is your tooltip damage in your hideout?
I'm at work but iirc mine is something like 150k-ish? And when I'm fully buffed (meaning in a fight with all buffs and charges) I've reached over 600k per totem. While that's not god tier, it surely is enough to do all content.

Looking at your character,you could get the crit enchant on your boots, that will give you another 10k-20k damage per totem at end game.Other than that it looks like your gear is better than mine.
I haven't killed the awakener yet, the first 2 tries I was in panic mode and kept messing up with the degen but had him at 10% health both times, and the 3rd time it was so laggy I was dying to the storms that "weren't there". :/

Edit: one more thing after looking at your skill tree, do you have points to spend? If you can somehow take Doom Cast you will notice a big difference there.
Maybe regret a few minor nodes to grab it. I believe I took Doom Cast around level 80-85.

can i ask what is your life/ mana and survivability?
my nothing buff tooltip shows around 90k in HO :(
ye maybe i need to take doom cast and sacrify some other things
"
aka2411 wrote:

can i ask what is your life/ mana and survivability?
my nothing buff tooltip shows around 90k in HO :(
ye maybe i need to take doom cast and sacrify some other things

I"m still at work, but my life is approximately 4700 and my mana is 2200-ish.
My survivability is fine as long as I don't screw up.
I have 2 instant life flasks, 1 quicksilver, 1 Wise Oak, and a Silver.

I'll revisit the Sirus fight this weekend as I need to spawn 2 more Conq's.

Is your cold res the highest so that you benefit from the Wise Oak?

I also forgot to mention that I am running a Lightning Golem for a little more deeps. But no Heralds or anything that reserves Mana as our DPS would drop into the toilet without the Essence Wurm.

EDIT:
my tooltip dmg in hideout is 132k, my hp is 4k and my mana is 2.5k. I was close lol.
Last edited by Gulch on Jan 10, 2020, 6:56:27 PM
"
Gulch wrote:

Looking at your character,you could get the crit enchant on your boots, that will give you another 10k-20k damage per totem at end game.

About that enchant. Don't we crit with Frost Bomb? I know we deal 0 damage, but the game is still rolling for crits, right? So either we don't use Frost Bomb and get nice dps boost from lab enchant or we do use Frost Bomb and get its bonuses but very likely lose the lab enchant bonus. Or am I completely misreading the tooltips?
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:

Looking at your character,you could get the crit enchant on your boots, that will give you another 10k-20k damage per totem at end game.

About that enchant. Don't we crit with Frost Bomb? I know we deal 0 damage, but the game is still rolling for crits, right? So either we don't use Frost Bomb and get nice dps boost from lab enchant or we do use Frost Bomb and get its bonuses but very likely lose the lab enchant bonus. Or am I completely misreading the tooltips?

The enchant is 120% crit chance if YOU haven't crit recently. Since we never crit and our totems do, that 120% will always be in effect :)
Last edited by Gulch on Jan 10, 2020, 1:52:10 PM
"
Gulch wrote:

The enchant is 120% crit chance if YOU haven't crit recently. Since we never crit and our totems do, that 120% will always be in effect :)

But I do use Frost Bomb. I cast that manually. It has a critical strike chance of 39,3%. Won't that interfere?

I think "10% damage penetration if you haven't killed recently" is better since we definitely don't kill ourself.
Last edited by Wermine on Jan 10, 2020, 2:22:51 PM
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:

But I do use Frost Bomb. I cast that manually. It has a critical strike chance of 39,3%. Won't that interfere?

I think "10% damage penetration if you haven't killed recently" is better since we definitely don't kill ourself.

I cast FB also. And Wallach says that the 120% crit enchant is BIS so who am I to argue with him lol.
Sure you can use the damage pen if you want, that's not bad either. Especially if you have a good pair of boots already with that enchant on them.
I love this build. i beat Sirus, shaper and uber elder with it already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info