[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Rima0 wrote:
I have same problem like someone before me, I die really alot and I think my dps is really small. As I read need to make Chaos rest on 0%, mine is -40%. Even on dual wand I cant reach good dps on boss.

I played arc and frostbolt totems befor and its really fun build but on this league have alotes of problem to leveling.
Any suggestions for change on items or bether linked gems, tnx?

Hello Rimao,

I had a quick look at your gear / skills. I am looking to start a freezing pulse totems character soon and I was interested in why a guy a few posts above you was very happy with how his character was progressing in t16's but you said you were struggling.

Anyway, there wasn't too much difference I could see when loaded in PoB. He has an extra totem from his shield but you had a bit more damage per totem. He has a bit more proj speed that may be helping him with dealing a fuller percentage of his damage to enemies but it wasn't a lot of difference. He has quite a bit more mana though.

So the few things I think (being pretty in-experienced myself though) you could try:

Firstly, you still have a lot of damage to get like the entire Doomcast Crit wheel & co-ordination. That improves your damage quite a lot.

Getting some extra mana such as grabbing Deep Thoughts might be helpful. I think you may be a little under covering your life with 40% MOM and that should get you closer or have extra in reserve for when you are losing mana to cast totems.

If it's Chaos res that is a problem them maybe swap out your Wise Oak for an Atziri's Promise for a bit. It's a bit less damage but then you do get a nice 35% extra chaos res. Might be useful even just to have as a swap if you know you are fighting something that deals chaos damage.

You can use a silver flask instead of two life flasks. A silver flask gives a nice chunk of cast speed which should help your damage go up quite a bit.

You could swap your Frostbite curse to Projectile Weakness. A projectile Weakness even at a fairly low level like gem level 12 with no quality is still slightly more damage than a 20/20 Frostbite. Then if you can get some more dex (so you can level it up further) or put quality on it you will start to get quite a lot more damage out of it. Saying that it might be better to keep the Frostbite for the inc freeze duration atm but as soon as you can get a bit more dex even getting that proj weakness to lvl 15 would be a nice DPS increase.

None of that really requires changing any major pieces of gear so maybe it's a few things to try out.
I had the same issue with dying a lot. Thanks to the advice from @Dudebag its much better now and I already leveled further to 92 with only few deaths due L2P topics :).

I can't say what exactly fixed it because I addressed a couple of points at once:

- Switched to Immortal Call instead of Steelskin
- Chaos res pumped up to 0
- Helm enchant with FP projectile speed
- Switched away from Dual-wield over to Shield (+1 Totem)

Feels much better now. Next steps are saving towards Atziri Reflection and then trying to get some more Chaos Res...
@Derschurke

How does Shield over wand feel dmg Wise? Rocking dual wands rn and dunno exactly what to do except save for a reflection atm :s
"
Loje wrote:
@Derschurke

How does Shield over wand feel dmg Wise? Rocking dual wands rn and dunno exactly what to do except save for a reflection atm :s

For the shield in particular it gave me a bunch more max life. And I really like the playstyle with 5 totems. Bosses seem to go down faster, and also for example in Legion Monoliths you can pre-place 3 areas with totems (2-2-1).
First of all, I love your build !

I went straight to Sirus without any trouble even though i died miserably died against him :D

Could you please confirm me one thing though ?
I see OP equipped gloves with line : % increased damage with hit against chilled ennemies...
Would you be able tell me if it actually boosts totems hits ? Or if the gloves were so great even without this line that he took it anyway ??

Cheers !
"
okok3527 wrote:
Can i make this build using daggers ? I'm really loving to play that but flame dash is so slow, just want to know if its possible to play with spell crit chance etc daggers and whirling blades

You can make this build with any weapon that you want, as long as you can find comparable damage to wands/sceptres which I doubt will happen.
Flame Dash early on is abysmal, but it gets a LOT better. In fact you probably couldn't notice much of a difference at level 20 over Whirling Blades.

Hi recently i switched to using these two items:

The Impresence allows me to use Frostbite as an aura without reserving mana (frostbite> blasphemy> inceased area of effect> vaal anchestral warchief/vaal rf), with this simple setup frostbite covers practically the whole screen. Maddening Presence seems to not work with totem(anyone know??). And have a nice +2 to level of all cold spell that you have.

Taryn's Shiver allows me to use Vaal anchestral warchief (which remains active longer than vaal rf and follows the target everywhere but maybe vaal rf its a better boost of damage), its cheep and greatly increases the damage if you still don't have enough currency for 2 void battery.

I also have frost bomb and cold snap in auto cast, thats the lazy alternative hehehe but for me work very well.

(dont look at my gears i know i have to work hard on it XD).

any suggestions are appreciated

cheers!
Last edited by AngryMonkey00 on Dec 30, 2019, 1:02:34 PM
"
Remember that you want enough unreserved mana to try and cover your entire life pool; you can figure out how much mana that is with the following formula:

Mana / (amount MoM diverts) x (amount Life takes)

So if you had, say, 1,000 mana at this point, it would be:

1,000 / (.3) x (.7) = 2,333 life protected by your mana

Note that this formula is the same once you upgrade your Ascendancy with Divine Guidance, you'd just divide by .4 and multiply by .7 instead.

Just want to check some math. Wallach gave this formula for calculating the ratio between Mana and Life when using MoM.

I am curious about the last line.

"
Note that this formula is the same once you upgrade your Ascendancy with Divine Guidance, you'd just divide by .4 and multiply by .7 instead.

Shouldn't that be "divide by .4 and multiply by .6"? I just want to make sure that my understanding of what is going on with MoM is correct.
"
AngryMonkey00 wrote:

Taryn's Shiver allows me to use Vaal anchestral warchief (which remains active longer than vaal rf and follows the target everywhere but maybe vaal rf its a better boost of damage), its cheep and greatly increases the damage if you still don't have enough currency for 2 void battery.

I'm a bit confused about the use of the Vaal Ancestral Warchief. It's not linked to culling strike or blind so what are you using it for exactly? I definitely think Vaal RF is going to be an actual DPS boost. I can't think the Warchief really does much damage if any at all as it scales off weapon damage and attack speed. We mostly scale spell damage and spell crit in this build - not things that the warchief benefits from at all.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Dec 30, 2019, 1:34:45 PM
"
AngryMonkey00 wrote:

Hi recently i switched to using these two items:

The Impresence allows me to use Frostbite as an aura without reserving mana (frostbite> blasphemy> inceased area of effect> vaal anchestral warchief/vaal rf), with this simple setup frostbite covers practically the whole screen. Maddening Presence seems to not work with totem(anyone know??). And have a nice +2 to level of all cold spell that you have.

I also have frost bomb and cold snap in auto cast, thats the lazy alternative hehehe but for me work very well.

(dont look at my gears i know i have to work hard on it XD).

any suggestions are appreciated

cheers!

I don't understand using Impresence,to me that's a big loss of dps because you could have an amulet with cast speed, proj speed, etc... Frostbite doesn't need to be an aura since it's easily cast and uses relatively no mana.
As for the staff over 2 wands, I'm sure that's an overall loss of dps also since you have no gain as extra chaos mods,and so on.
I'd start looking for helm and boots with the enchants, those will help out a lot as well.

Also, you're using Clarity? That's messing up things since this build is supposed to have zero reserved mana.
I'd just follow the guide if I were you, you'd have less issues it would seem.
Grab every wand you see and ID them.
Last edited by Gulch on Dec 30, 2019, 2:06:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info