[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Istvan_86 wrote:
I´m facing the issue that I froze bosses and they get bugged resulting that I can´t kill them.

If you're talking about bosses that have phases and can't go to another phase because they are frozen, it's simple. Just stop freezing them for a sec by pressing the summon totem bind down until they phase.

"
Skua99 wrote:

Can someone take a look and see if I have made any obvious mistakes?

Biggest upgrade is to get 20/20 corrupted Freezing Pulse gem. It's dirt cheap. Level up your current one in weapon swap for future corruption.
"
Wermine wrote:

"
Skua99 wrote:

Can someone take a look and see if I have made any obvious mistakes?

Biggest upgrade is to get 20/20 corrupted Freezing Pulse gem. It's dirt cheap. Level up your current one in weapon swap for future corruption.

Great idea, I found a corrupted Freezing Pulse gem level 20 with 23Q for 7 vaal's
Just switched over to totems and am having a great time. But I do have a couple of noob questions.

1) If I have an attribute such as 'increased cast speed' on my wand, it does not only improve the placement speed of laying down the totem, but also reduces the time between the totem being placed and when the totem fires off 'Freezing Pulse', correct?

I get a little confused on what attributes actually affect the totems. I am seeing a long lag before the first 'Freezing Pulse' fires off. Not a big deal as I now lay down the totems and then curse with 'Frostbite' which is the opposite of what I did when manually casting 'Freezing Pulse'.

2) So it is a good thing when I roll a map with 'Vulnerability', 'Enfeeblement', 'Temporal Chains' or 'Elemental Weakness'?
Last edited by Skua99 on Dec 29, 2019, 2:44:49 AM
"
Skua99 wrote:
Just switched over to totems and am having a great time. But I do have a couple of noob questions.

1) If I have an attribute such as 'increased cast speed' on my wand, it does not only improve the placement speed of laying down the totem, but also reduces the time between the totem being placed and when the totem fires off 'Freezing Pulse', correct?

I get a little confused on what attributes actually affect the totems. I am seeing a long lag before the first 'Freezing Pulse' fires off. Not a big deal as I now lay down the totems and then curse with 'Frostbite' which is the opposite of what I did when manually casting 'Freezing Pulse'.

Totems inherit about all the attributes you have. Cast speed is one of them. And it does take a long time for the first Freezing Pulse to fire, I'm not completely sure if we can improve that situation a lot. But do get cast speed on gear.

"
Skua99 wrote:

2) So it is a good thing when I roll a map with 'Vulnerability', 'Enfeeblement', 'Temporal Chains' or 'Elemental Weakness'?

Yes. It's free quantity bonus on the map since we are not affected by curses. It's also kind of minor damage boost since we have curses active at all times.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
I've been finding the Metamorphs quite rippy this league so I'm going to give this build a go - hopefully if I can perma-freeze them they'll be a lot easier to handle.
Did they finally fix the bug where they couldn't be frozen?

I think the Conqueror's have the bug whereby they can't be frozen but the Metamorphs you create at the end of the map can be frozen? Or have I got that wrong? I'm less concerned about the conqueror's since I don't plan on needing to fight them too much. It's the map Metamorphs that sometimes kill me a bit out of the blue I'm hoping to make easier!

Regarding the cast Speed question Wallach posted a response on page 17 which I read recently - hence remembering it now:

"
Wallach wrote:
The only thing cast speed affects is the rate at which totems use Freezing Pulse. The delay between a totem's summoning and activation cannot be altered, and the speed at which you place a totem is controlled specifically by the totem placement speed stat (I think global action speed bonuses will also improve this).

Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Dec 29, 2019, 3:52:29 AM
does POB calculate +1 to cold skill gems well?
I use this wand and I can't find a another one with more dps.
"
JayRizzo03 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm here to ask for help. I got a late start to the league so I'm trying to progress through, and I'm having a devil of time with red maps/bosses. POB shows me as 100k shaper dps, which is fairly awful.

This is my gear:

My tree is following Wallach's recommendations, and my gem links are the 'early game' setup since there's no way in hell I can afford awakened gems yet. I just finally got my 6 link soul mantle.

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. I see how everyone else had such a great experience, but this has not been a great league starter for me. I would really appreciate some advice.

get chaos resist on gears. min 0%.
quality on freezing pulse, +21 added cold , get your gems to max level.
more projectile speed!
i use immortal call this league and it helps me more. so i recommend.

if you dont have decent shield , you should go dual wand or scepter.
"
JayRizzo03 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm here to ask for help. I got a late start to the league so I'm trying to progress through, and I'm having a devil of time with red maps/bosses. POB shows me as 100k shaper dps, which is fairly awful.

This is my gear:

My tree is following Wallach's recommendations, and my gem links are the 'early game' setup since there's no way in hell I can afford awakened gems yet. I just finally got my 6 link soul mantle.

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. I see how everyone else had such a great experience, but this has not been a great league starter for me. I would really appreciate some advice.

get chaos resist on gears. min 0%.
quality on freezing pulse, +21 added cold , get your gems to max level.
more projectile speed!
i use immortal call this league and it helps me more. so i recommend.

if you dont have decent shield , you should go dual wand or scepter.
"
Wermine wrote:

"
Skua99 wrote:

Yes. It's free quantity bonus on the map since we are not affected by curses. It's also kind of minor damage boost since we have curses active at all times.

Normally I try to overcap my resistances to compensate for maps with a high level 'Elemental Weakness'. Will I be able to hold them down closer to 75 now?

So what map mods are bad now? It looks to me like only mods that affect regeneration should be avoided. I would also guess that 'elemental reflection' is not great, but is doable.

Thanks for all the help :)
Reflect is more annoying yes but I just run all maps.
The no regen ones are also a bit slower as you need to adjust your pace sometimes a bit and use a mana flask more.
But it is not that bad that I would reroll or just not run those maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info