[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I'm selling a wand you guys might be interested in by the way

I've listed it for 5 ex, but if you guys want it hit me up in game and I'll sell it for 4.5
I really love the build (thanks for your effort Wallach!) and used it as a league starter and want to stick with it for the rest of the league. But right now in T14-T16 maps I am really starting to struggle here and there.

On one handside I feel very squishy and get oneshot too regularly so that leveling beyond 90 is difficult (unless i move to run lower maps, which i dont really want). Got 4.2k life, 0.8k ES, 2.5k mana.

On the other handside the damage vs bosses and metamorphs feels bit low. Mapping and regular mobs is melting quite fine. HO unbuffed 85k

Any idea if i am missing something or where to improve? Sitting on about 13ex and not sure if saving for Atziri and switching will solve my problems.

Help appreciated. Would love to take this build further but with less pain :)

Thanks!
"
derSchurke wrote:
I really love the build (thanks for your effort Wallach!) and used it as a league starter and want to stick with it for the rest of the league. But right now in T14-T16 maps I am really starting to struggle here and there.

On one handside I feel very squishy and get oneshot too regularly so that leveling beyond 90 is difficult (unless i move to run lower maps, which i dont really want). Got 4.2k life, 0.8k ES, 2.5k mana.

On the other handside the damage vs bosses and metamorphs feels bit low. Mapping and regular mobs is melting quite fine. HO unbuffed 85k

Any idea if i am missing something or where to improve? Sitting on about 13ex and not sure if saving for Atziri and switching will solve my problems.

Help appreciated. Would love to take this build further but with less pain :)

Thanks!

most of your gears are better than mine.

get more chaos resist. make sure above 0% . mine is at 20% and feels pretty good.

get 21 freezing pulse. 21 added cold .
i dont even own +1 to cold spell gems so im jealous.

more projectile speed is def' helps. 20-30% on helm and flash freeze on amulet.

personally i use shield and shield charge & flame dash.
dropped cold snap.

also i prefer CWDT with immortal call. I feel like it helps me more.

my hd unbuffed is at 78k and downed sirus lv8 no problem.

if no +1 totem mod on shield, i found it better to use multi totem support instead of crit gem. id like to have 3 totem summon like drop tap tap style.

i dont plan on hitting 100 this league so im dying here and there in high risk maps but

if you want to focus on leveling, u should stop doing risky map mods and metamorph :(
last league i level one of the character to 100 but i gave up on every risky mod and guardians etc. play like hardcore.

resist adjusted for wise oak full buff. mana flask because too lazy to change but it actually helps defensive wise
Last edited by Dudebag on Dec 27, 2019, 6:11:41 PM
As I look through this guide I am seeing a lot of great end game wands but really see no examples of what I should be looking for right after I switch to totems (after I equip my Soul Mantle and the Kikazaru rings).

Currently I am using two sceptre's left over from a failed build which are working fine for leveling, but don't believe they are a good choice once I switch over:

Bottom line is what should I be trading my sceptre's in for?

"
Skua99 wrote:
As I look through this guide I am seeing a lot of great end game wands but really see no examples of what I should be looking for right after I switch to totems (after I equip my Soul Mantle and the Kikazaru rings).

Currently I am using two sceptre's left over from a failed build which are working fine for leveling, but don't believe they are a good choice once I switch over:

Bottom line is what should I be trading my sceptre's in for?

Like it says in the op, you want +1 to cold spell skill gems global as a mandatory stat and as much spell power or cold damage % as you can get, then look for crit multi, and the other stats are essentially just nice to haves.

I would say that a sambar sceptre with +1 cold gems and 10% cold as chaos looks like a mighty fine choice, especially with the resistance buffs.

That wand set me back I think around 1.6ex, and will be getting multivrafted into a gg endgame weapon but you can find some very nice stuff in a similar price bracket with open affixes for later crafting.
Last edited by aastr on Dec 27, 2019, 11:15:46 PM
Hello,

I've been finding the Metamorphs quite rippy this league so I'm going to give this build a go - hopefully if I can perma-freeze them they'll be a lot easier to handle.

Currently saving up for the Soul Mantle and other bits. I just have a quick question regarding the +1 to cold spell skill gems that a few of you have mentioned is the most important stat on your wand(s). Is this because it affects both your freezing pulse skill gem as well as your (awakened) added cold skill gem? So it's a bit like your freeze pulse links benefit from it twice?

Hoping to be ready to convert my early HFT Hiero into a Freeze Pulse Hiero in the next week or so.

Thx for any help / clarification.
You can kill them with this build but please remember that the Metas are bugged atm and can not be frozen. I tend to run 1-2 screens away while my totems fight them alone for example. That helped with my survival.
TY again Wallach :)

only 1 question. What about Ice Spear ? isnt it better ? thanks.
Hey, just wanted to point out that you won't get the holy flame totem gem from the Dirty Job Quest, it will reward you with a respec book and nothing else. c:

P.s. just started to follow your guide, so I am excited what awaits me at the end
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
I've been finding the Metamorphs quite rippy this league so I'm going to give this build a go - hopefully if I can perma-freeze them they'll be a lot easier to handle.
Did they finally fix the bug where they couldn't be frozen?

"
WildKeeper98 wrote:
Hey, just wanted to point out that you won't get the holy flame totem gem from the Dirty Job Quest, it will reward you with a respec book and nothing else. c:
You get it from "breaking some eggs" which is a main storyline quest, can't miss it, if you didn't pick the reward, you can buy it from Nessa on the second page of her shop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info