[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Can someone explain me Rightouse Fire. I cant see a Benefit, im just dieing all the time cause im loosing life and geting oneshottet. im low lvl btw but i got the gemmes
"
Can someone explain me Rightouse Fire. I cant see a Benefit, im just dieing all the time cause im loosing life and geting oneshottet. im low lvl btw but i got the gemmes

Use the VAAL version of Righteous Fire ONLY, the regular version will kill you.
Hey i started this build yesterday and i just finished act 5 after what felt like 20 Minutes of fighting Kitava.

My problem is that i fell like i have 0 dmg.
Even Blue mobs take sooooo long and in terms of killig rare mobs... argh!

I´m using Selfcast FP with all 5 recommended links (CD, Added Cold, Hypothermia, Cold Penetration, faster casting)

Does anyone have tips on how to boost my damage?
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
AngryMonkey00 wrote:

Taryn's Shiver allows me to use Vaal anchestral warchief (which remains active longer than vaal rf and follows the target everywhere but maybe vaal rf its a better boost of damage), its cheep and greatly increases the damage if you still don't have enough currency for 2 void battery.

I'm a bit confused about the use of the Vaal Ancestral Warchief. It's not linked to culling strike or blind so what are you using it for exactly? I definitely think Vaal RF is going to be an actual DPS boost. I can't think the Warchief really does much damage if any at all as it scales off weapon damage and attack speed. We mostly scale spell damage and spell crit in this build - not things that the warchief benefits from at all.

thats true i swiched back to vaal rf after a few try XD
"
Querillo wrote:
Hey i started this build yesterday and i just finished act 5 after what felt like 20 Minutes of fighting Kitava.

My problem is that i fell like i have 0 dmg.
Even Blue mobs take sooooo long and in terms of killig rare mobs... argh!

I´m using Selfcast FP with all 5 recommended links (CD, Added Cold, Hypothermia, Cold Penetration, faster casting)

Does anyone have tips on how to boost my damage?

I looked at your character and you're FP is on it's own in your gloves, with Holy Flame totems in your Tabula. Did you switch?
"

I looked at your character and you're FP is on it's own in your gloves, with Holy Flame totems in your Tabula. Did you switch?

Yeah I tried 6 linking the flame totem and it´s better dmg-wise; not great, but ok. But i still wonder why my FP DMG was so low. Tooltip of FP was showing something like 1.2k dps

This was my Setup with FP:

Last edited by Querillo on Dec 30, 2019, 2:45:35 PM
"
Querillo wrote:
"

Yeah I tried 6 linking the flame totem and it´s better dmg-wise; not great, but ok. But i still wonder why my FP DMG was so low. Tooltip of FP was showing something like 1.2k dps

Well you're still low level and so are your gems. Keep in mind that tooltip is damage PER totem.
Weapons and Amulet play a big factor in our damage output. Look into upgrading those. You can easily get some 1c wand and amulet on trade.
Yours has cold dmg over time, attack speed, etc.. those don't do anything for us.

Taken from Pg 1 of this guide "A Rare Sceptre or Wand is generally what you're after here. You're looking for standard "caster" stats - +1 to cold spell skill gems, spell damage, elemental damage, global critical strike multiplier, cast speed, cold damage to spells, or critical strike chance to spells (roughly in that order of priority)."
Last edited by Gulch on Dec 30, 2019, 2:48:49 PM
I didn't start fully using FP until I made the switch with Soul Mantle.I used Flame totem linked in Tabula all the way and had FP in a 3 link wand. I used 2 Lifesprigs which helped also.

It wasn't until around lvl 68 that I made the switch.
Hi,

Great build, most fun I've had in POE in a long time.

For the 4 link, awakened curse on hit support using freezing pulse, I have a question..

Since my freezing pulse is used through my 6 link and cast by totems, does that matter? I may misunderstand but I thought the gem inside the 4 link needs to be the one casting freezing pulse, and since I cast freezing pulse from my 6 link, its not attached to the awakened gem.

Or, does that matter? Could I have a bunch of freezing pulse gems attached to other things? Hope this makes sense, thx in advance!
"
Respeck wrote:
Hi,

Great build, most fun I've had in POE in a long time.

For the 4 link, awakened curse on hit support using freezing pulse, I have a question..

Since my freezing pulse is used through my 6 link and cast by totems, does that matter? I may misunderstand but I thought the gem inside the 4 link needs to be the one casting freezing pulse, and since I cast freezing pulse from my 6 link, its not attached to the awakened gem.

Or, does that matter? Could I have a bunch of freezing pulse gems attached to other things? Hope this makes sense, thx in advance!

As you are using 'Ancestral Bond', the 'Freezing Pulse' that is linked to your 'Awakened Curse on Hit' is just used as a mechanism to triger the 'Curse on Hit'. It does no damage. Your main damage dealer is still the 'Freezing Pulse' that is in your 6 link and cast by your totems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info