[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Skua99 wrote:
"
Respeck wrote:
Hi,

Great build, most fun I've had in POE in a long time.

For the 4 link, awakened curse on hit support using freezing pulse, I have a question..

Since my freezing pulse is used through my 6 link and cast by totems, does that matter? I may misunderstand but I thought the gem inside the 4 link needs to be the one casting freezing pulse, and since I cast freezing pulse from my 6 link, its not attached to the awakened gem.

Or, does that matter? Could I have a bunch of freezing pulse gems attached to other things? Hope this makes sense, thx in advance!

As you are using 'Ancestral Bond', the 'Freezing Pulse' that is linked to your 'Awakened Curse on Hit' is just used as a mechanism to triger the 'Curse on Hit'. It does no damage. Your main damage dealer is still the 'Freezing Pulse' that is in your 6 link and cast by your totems.

Ah ok, thx! So this is basically super OP then?
"
Respeck wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:
"
Respeck wrote:
Hi,

For the 4 link, awakened curse on hit support using freezing pulse, I have a question..

Since my freezing pulse is used through my 6 link and cast by totems, does that matter? I may misunderstand but I thought the gem inside the 4 link needs to be the one casting freezing pulse, and since I cast freezing pulse from my 6 link, its not attached to the awakened gem.

Or, does that matter? Could I have a bunch of freezing pulse gems attached to other things? Hope this makes sense, thx in advance!

As you are using 'Ancestral Bond', the 'Freezing Pulse' that is linked to your 'Awakened Curse on Hit' is just used as a mechanism to triger the 'Curse on Hit'. It does no damage. Your main damage dealer is still the 'Freezing Pulse' that is in your 6 link and cast by your totems.

Ah ok, thx! So this is basically super OP then?

And I think 'Awakened Curse on Hit' is pretty rare. As I am a broke guy, I would sell it. It is going for around 9 or 10 exalts. The OP has some info about it in the video guide.
Last edited by Skua99 on Dec 30, 2019, 6:18:37 PM
"
Skua99 wrote:
"
Respeck wrote:
Hi,

Was wondering about that, so ball lighting, storm brand, or Orb of Storms would work too here.
"
timebeing wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:
"
Respeck wrote:
Hi,

Was wondering about that, so ball lighting, storm brand, or Orb of Storms would work too here.

That is correct, but you may want to stick with 'Freezing Pulse' as you probably have the 'First Snow' jewels to support it with multiple projectiles.
"
gideros9742 wrote:
Hi,

I feel like I'm a little bit too squishy, and my DPS is not anywhere near Wallach (fight sirius twice but cannot kill him in last phase). Can someone take a look at my gears and recommend some changes that I can make? Thanks a lot in advance.

your gears are amazing as hell. way better than what i use, however, survivablity might be less than mine.
i do sirus lv 8 with 3 life flask 2 speed flask and puts me 4 storm phase.
ive posted gears earlier so take a look.

try resist max chaos min 0% immortal call set up instead of steelskin

siru is more of a practice fight than dps check so keep trying.

also maybe your totems arent attacking him as often as 3 totem placement style.

totems have to be placed , then start attacking right. if you keep placing new ones , it wont have enough time to attack. now with 2 placement style, itll become harder to control.

so try multitotem support gem and replace maybe crit support. *if hard to color, go 2g 3b 1 red(remove added cold or cold pen? need to chekc on sheet) or best option is white socket on green.

yes it will drop the damage, however , youll be attacking more often

also drop cold snap, and get shield charge, itll give you more mobility if you use it correctly

essence worm is nice and all but if you can get more survibility in that slot, like more life more chaos resist etc, itll do good until you get more comfortable.

missing projectile speed too i notice now! get some in your gem , if possible, helm! 20% one on helm should be cheap.

lastly use blessed orb on gears to max your stat lol not that expensive to do right
Last edited by Dudebag on Dec 30, 2019, 7:41:22 PM
"
derSchurke wrote:
I had the same issue with dying a lot. Thanks to the advice from @Dudebag its much better now and I already leveled further to 92 with only few deaths due L2P topics :).

I can't say what exactly fixed it because I addressed a couple of points at once:

- Switched to Immortal Call instead of Steelskin
- Chaos res pumped up to 0
- Helm enchant with FP projectile speed
- Switched away from Dual-wield over to Shield (+1 Totem)

Feels much better now. Next steps are saving towards Atziri Reflection and then trying to get some more Chaos Res...

glad to hear.

you can always try to switch around the defensive skill to feel which one you like more :)

Just killed awakened level 8 Sirus today with this build. Thanks Wallach!

Bumping up my chaos resist to around 30% helped cut down some accidental deaths and let me actually end the fight with some portals still up.
For weapons, should i go dual Void Batteries and get 2-3 power charge nodes or would rare wands/spectres be better?

Currently using 2 x Doryanis
I have an Alien pet.
Hi,

Does anybody have the projectile craft for amulets and the increased damage for belts crafts? And would they be willing to craft for me?
"
Wuptidoo wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody have the projectile craft for amulets and the increased damage for belts crafts? And would they be willing to craft for me?

I have rank 1 belt damage craft and rank 2 projectile speed/damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info