[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Galaerivel wrote:
Wallach, let me thank you for this detailed guide. I used it as my Heist leauge starter, and I have just finished act 10 will deathless Kitava kill.

My questions are not a critique. I would like to share my thoughts and opinions regarding lvling experience with this build.

Could you explain why do you suggest to use Purifying Flame as a main skill? It it much slower than Freezing Pulse, and what is more with the latter gem it is much easier to keep the Onslaught buff.

Also you don't mention to use other movement skill except of Flame Dash? During lvling process there is enough gem space to put, e.g. Shield Charge connected with Fortitude. Personally, I used Orb of Storms with Onslaught to proc the buff and EO as well. It is especially important to have another source of speed, cause Templer doesn't have Smoke Mine skill untill Act 3.

This is as well something I would like to point out - there is still a room for defensive set up, like adding Fortitude or Tempest Shield.

Additionally during lvling we could use a help of golems, e.g. Lightning Golem.

Could you tell me why you don't put one point in Elemental Overload, while lvling? I do understand that later it doesn't make any sense, cause we need those crits.

Also as we take MoM, I don't see any Mana Potion in your recommendation. We will be able to sustain mana, even being under fire?

I am a new player to totem build, so I may not know why, but in your build there is no investment into a Shamanistic Fury. Could you tell me why?

Last but not least, you don't mention a recommendation for a 5th gem linked to a Wave of Conviction or Holy FLame Totem. I was lucky enough to drop a 5-link armour, so I attached to WoC Controlled Destruction gem. Though now I should ask, which spell should I 5-link - WoC or Holy Flame Totem?

Feel free to asnwer not every, but at least some of my questions.

Hey, thanks. Critique or not I don't really mind.

In terms of Purifying Flame vs Freezing Pulse, I've just found that the extra consecrated ground coverage / wider area makes Act 1 a little smoother overall. The synergy with Combustion helps a bit there as well. Ultimately it isn't super important because you're only going to use either one of these until Act 2.

As far as movement skills, I only mention Flame Dash as I wouldn't recommend Shield Charge while leveling. You are going to lose too much damage by not dual wielding, especially in the lower level ranges where the vendor recipe wands are carrying a lot of your overall damage. I also just don't find Shield Charge very synergistic to the general gameplay flow of totems in terms of trying to proc Fortify. Still, if you do find a reasonable shield that doesn't cost you too much damage to justify, it's an easy swap to make so use whatever you're comfortable with.

Stuff like Orb of Storms for Onslaught / Elemental Overload are optional things that are totally reasonable to pick up while leveling, but I was just more focused on giving the main framework for getting the build through the acts in a way that sets the build up smoothly. Same with golems, if you have the socket available. I personally can't stand golems. I've thought about adding Elemental Overload to the guide for the first half since it's in the path, but it's another element that winds up being a potential error point if players forget to respec out of it down the line.

For Mind Over Matter, you'll generally outgrow the need for a mana flask by the time you get through the story, if not beforehand as you will probably have the room for some time mana-wise to keep Clarity around. Beyond that, you really won't need one as you get into mapping, as your mana regen is going to carry things. There are still reasons you might keep one, like if you wanted to use a Numbing Elixir cluster notable in place of a Kikazaru, but in terms of just managing incoming damage you'll be fine. Your mana regen will outstrip your life regen so significantly that you will essentially just straight up die before you get mana blocked from incoming damage.

Shamanistic Fury isn't taken as it winds up being a pretty weak investment overall, but especially for Hierophant. We get 90% totem placement speed just from the Ritual of Awakening line in the ascendancy, and the damage side of Shamanistic Fury line is poor. The extra point of travel it would take to get there in particular does more damage to the opportunity cost than it might seem at first glance. It's just a weak investment in general for Hierophant.

For an early 5-link drop, I'd recommend using it for your Holy Flame Totem links, as by the time those can actually start dropping, you should have 3 totems total, and they're going to contribute more to your overall DPS than Wave of Conviction. Ideally you'd run 3B/2R with your last red socket being either Added Fire Damage or Fire Penetration (Added Fire Damage will likely be stronger early on, while Fire Penetration will have a longer shelf life if you continue to invest into Holy Flame Totem rather than swap to Freezing Pulse).
Wallach, thank you for that quick reply.

Using this opportunity I would like to ask you about transition part:

Why do you use added cold damage over Ice Bite support gem? The latter also has add cold damage but much more than just that. How would you compare those two sup gems?

Also I would like ask about items, such as Rime Gaze or Hrimsorrow - are they useful for this build? They have buff to the cold damage for example.
Just came here to say thank you for this build. Wanted to try totems this league, and was not disappointed.
A8 Sirus done.
T16 Elemental Reflect No Regen Elder Guardian map - done (I was surprised tbh).
Single target damage is great, clear is perfect - the only inconvenience is stuns. Is there an easy way to mitigate them?
First, thanks for the build, despite my slow start it's progressing nicely, next goal is the shield.
Second, why on earth are we not using Arcane Cloak? (I am btw) nice defensive bonus, HUGE burst (FP has 200% damage effectiveness) and max level arcane surge procs.

Also wondering if anyone has tested Sigil of Power yet, mainly wondering if there's enough room in it's AoE to move around.
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
How much content can this build do without the high investment? maybe only the cluster jewels but no atziri's reflection and the other 10ex items?
does atziris reflection ignore the limit of how many curses I can apply to a monster?

And what would be my next goal to reach 45m dps? Pandemonium necklace, artziris reflection, what else
"
exilekami wrote:
does atziris reflection ignore the limit of how many curses I can apply to a monster?

And what would be my next goal to reach 45m dps? Pandemonium necklace, artziris reflection, what else

You will need 100-200EX for that

Shield: 20 EX
Eye Jewel: 10-50 EX
Corrupted Mantle +1: 25-30 EX
Cluster Jewel: 10-20 EX
Amulet with +1 +1: 20-30EX
Weapon with +1 +1: 20-40 EX
Good Helm, glove, boots: 12-36 EX
Awakened GEMs: 10-40 EX
"
Galaerivel wrote:
Wallach, thank you for that quick reply.

Using this opportunity I would like to ask you about transition part:

Why do you use added cold damage over Ice Bite support gem? The latter also has add cold damage but much more than just that. How would you compare those two sup gems?

Also I would like ask about items, such as Rime Gaze or Hrimsorrow - are they useful for this build? They have buff to the cold damage for example.

Ice Bite support is only competitive with Added Cold Damage if you can add a significant amount of extra maximum Frenzy charges to the build (which we can't in our setup), and be able to generate them with full uptime. That's just the regular version of the gem; once Awakened Added Cold Damage is an option, it is a significantly more powerful gem at level 5 due to the +1 to cold spells bonus.

"
exilekami wrote:

No, Atziri's Reflection has no impact on the amount of curses you can apply to a target.

As far as reaching 45 million Sirus DPS... it's technically doable, but you have a very long road ahead. Personally I would probably not invest such a large amount into this build for that kind of goal. The short version is that besides getting all of the standard high-end pieces, you will likely want to move into a double cluster setup and invest in a number of ~40%+ critical strike multiplier jewels.

"
Sibru wrote:
How much content can this build do without the high investment? maybe only the cluster jewels but no atziri's reflection and the other 10ex items?

I don't think there's anything that will really not be doable for a decently invested version of the build without the Atziri's Reflection and such, other than stuff like 100% Delirious T16 type juiced maps. Most of the endgame content like A8 Sirus and Uber Elder are mechanical fights without any real DPS checks, they're just going to take longer. My current Heist character is doing around ~2.5 million Sirus DPS with flasks, and I'm around maybe 5 Ex invested into the build right now (~3 of that being the 6L Soul Mantle).

"
infinityinc wrote:
First, thanks for the build, despite my slow start it's progressing nicely, next goal is the shield.
Second, why on earth are we not using Arcane Cloak? (I am btw) nice defensive bonus, HUGE burst (FP has 200% damage effectiveness) and max level arcane surge procs.

Also wondering if anyone has tested Sigil of Power yet, mainly wondering if there's enough room in it's AoE to move around.

Arcane Cloak is a pretty reasonable swap if you don't mind manually activating your guard skill (or having your guard skill be on LMB). It's around a ~7% damage increase while active at rank 20. Just be aware that you are at risk of burst damage immediately after you activate this skill each time; you may want to consider running a hybrid flask or something to mitigate the chances of you getting spiked after using it.

Sigil of Power looked fairly large, but I'm not sure the best way to fit it into the build. I'll need to do some more actual testing of it and Frost Shield to see if they might be good enough to merit replacing our Vaal skill.
Guys, what do you thinkg about the Heatshiver as an early mapping helmet? It has double resistances, which we need cause of Soul Mantle and Kikazarus. What is even more - it has increased cold damage, if fire spell was used recently - with that we shouldn't have a problem, cause of Flame Dash.

What do you think?

The only problem can be with sockets, right?
Hi, much thanks for the build -
I'm a returning new player that has been following your build for the league and im very much enjoying it.

is it possible to update the PoB tree links? since they updated the skill trees and it's no longer letting me use the current ones

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info