[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

early in the league i droped

I don't know what to do with it. I don't know if it's good with this build
am i trying to sell it to buy the endgame stuff or i keep?
knowing that I'm just missing 5 ex to have the Atziri's Reflection
When playing with pob it feels like that those cluster jewels are not just worth it. It's 3 points alone to just to get that cluster jewel socket.
"
1zzu wrote:

I don't think it would be great, but never tried. You can try and see! HH is best usually for phys-spell builds IIRC since more buffs apply to those. I got one last league for my CoC Ice Nova and it was fun but not amazing without building around it.

"
Makek93 wrote:
When playing with pob it feels like that those cluster jewels are not just worth it. It's 3 points alone to just to get that cluster jewel socket.

For 10 skill points I run a medium and small and get:
12% increased elemental damage
5% curse effect
Culling strike on cursed enemies (~10% more, only useful on bosses or buffed rares)
Unnerve on cursed enemies (as above)
16% max life
10% max mana
10% fire res
12 dex

It seem worth it for me but I'm not sure. I don't think large cluster jewel is worth it but there are so many that I'm not sure. Curse nodes can be replaced with direct projectile damage/speed boosts if you care more about mapping.

By doing this I skip the Written in Blood wheel and path as in the suggested PoB which saves pathing points too.
What kind of jewels are people using? i have tried rolling a few, settled on this so far:

notable is 30 ele dmg / 10 all res

notable is 50 crit/15 multi , oither one is useless

notable is 8% life, 0.5% life regen and 10 % life regen every 5 sec for 1 sec

"
the_Arkain wrote:
How do you get "Atziri's Reflection" so fast? The price is at the moment by 16+ex.

Is " Tukohama's Fortress Ebony Tower Shield " a usefull item or is it better to go for a second weapon?

tuko is pretty much the most useless item in this build as it removes your mana and the whole build is built around mana
Last edited by exxidus on Mar 22, 2020, 7:05:49 AM
I have no idea if i'm doing something wrong but when righteous fire procs my life starts dropping down pretty fast. Resistance are capped and life 4.6k and 2.7k mana. Even using vaal still imposible to holding active for more than 3 seconds :S
IGN: Ezink
It shouldn't proc. Make sure it's higher than CWDT will trigger. It is only for manual use on bosses etc as the Vaal skill.
"
1zzu wrote:

Sell it 110-115ex and you can buy the OP build and clear all content very ez. I just did 19/20 simulacrum wave (died cause i was stupid) and my gear have no awaken gem. Headhunter in this build is useless and only 1 player over 93 is using it atm lol https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Hierophant&item=Headhunter&skill=Freezing-Pulse . On the other hand if you want a cyclone slayer, keep it.
Last edited by NoStRoMoSs on Mar 22, 2020, 9:43:50 AM
I have 7ex atm. Should I buy pandemonius or save it for reflection?
"
Ezink wrote:
I have no idea if i'm doing something wrong but when righteous fire procs my life starts dropping down pretty fast. Resistance are capped and life 4.6k and 2.7k mana. Even using vaal still imposible to holding active for more than 3 seconds :S

So, you have to ensure that you are not allowing the regular version of Righteous Fire to ever trigger. That version of the spell will burn you indefinitely until you reach 1 HP. This means that if you have it in one of your Cast When Damage Taken links, that the gem itself has a higher level requirement than your Cast When Damage Taken gem can trigger. If your Vaal righteous Fire gem isn't high enough level yet, you need to move it to a different link so Cast When Damage Taken cannot trigger the regular version of Righteous Fire until you level it high enough. At endgame, I keep my Steelskin at 19 and CWDT at 17, which gives me enough room to run a level 20 Vaal Righteous Fire gem in that link.

Vaal Righteous Fire is the version that you have to activate manually, and takes a one-time health cost when activated, but does not burn you while it is active.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info