Petition/Request for GGG to show that they actually read the official forums and not just reddit

"
Orbaal wrote:

There is only one group of people in this world creating "current year" demands.
And it always means someone else has to put in work or sacrifices, that will then magically benefit the one who came with the demand.

How does it benefit Silent? Explain.

"
Orbaal wrote:

All of them claim to act altruistic - which is statistically impossible.

Non-importance, is it positive overall? Then it's good, if not don't do it, simple thing.
Also altruism isn't selfless, if everyone profits then the overall standard rises which makes you profit as well.

"
Orbaal wrote:

All of them claim victim status the moment someone contradicts them.

Silent never showed himself as a 'victim'. Not interacting with the main channel while others have repeated use though is bad conduct period.

"
Orbaal wrote:

All of them are debating on an emotional level rather than providing facts.

Generalizing, most do, and even those need to be taken into consideration as it takes the different perspectives into account.

"
Orbaal wrote:

All of them claim they are fighting for the greater good of the community. although they never have to put in work or make sacrifices. They only benefit in the end.

Also generalization, there's actually quite a chunk of people in the forum who don't give a shit about personal gain.
They actually focus on the integrity of the game, which is a positive thing. Can't get anything out of it if the game crumbles because it becomes a piece of garbage.

"
Orbaal wrote:

I´ve just never met someone of this group who genuinely acting altruistic.
Based on my personal experience they never do.

That's because you seemingly have no idea what 'altruistic' means. It's NOT selfless, not without reason there's a sub-category called 'egoistic-altruism', they aren't mutually exclusive to each other.

Also as said before, since I have no idea if my ideas will even be read and GGG NEVER showed this in all the time I'm here regarding the forum I simply won't interact with it outside of killing time anymore. Like right now when I got 3 more minutes until a stream I wanna watch starts and it's not worth to do anything else in the meantime.

Look through my contributions over time and read through the examples, how they changed, how the advanced, how I gave examples for solutions which profit both the player-base and GGG. Those simply won't happen anymore and it's purely a loss for GGG. Maybe they aren't valuable for them right away, or not for the next other 50 people posting something in the same manner... but there WILL be one they're missing out on sooner or later and it costs them dearly.

It's purely missed potential and all in their own hands, not more not less. Miss too many opportunities and you'll fail, using their official channels to properly deduct the needs of the game is one of those opportunities.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
I dont need to explain anything to you my dude.

If someone was entitled to ask those questions, it would be SilentSymphony - not you. And if he would ask, Id ask him to do it via PM.
This thread is already derailed AF, no need to derail it further.

Besides: I cant go more into detail without risking get my stuff policed for whatever forum policies, breaching ToS and stuff like that.
Im not gonna risk that, just to satisfy your curiosity.

Cheers
With GGGTracker you can see for yourself that they do pay attention to the forums. It's just not their highest priority. I'd imagine it's because a) their Reddit doubles as an alarm for gamebreaking glitches and b) GGG can have a pretty substantial model of how people are thinking about certain content with the upvote system (though obviously, this has flaws -- see the countless idiots that said Metamorph was an amazing league on like day 1).

In my opinion, you are underestimating the developers. I reported a very obscure and extremely low priority bug back in Synthesis league and was given a very fast reply and acknowledgment they had added it to their list. They could have just let it rot, as it was pertaining to a unique almost nobody ever bothers with.
"
Moerlin wrote:
With GGGTracker you can see for yourself that they do pay attention to the forums. It's just not their highest priority. I'd imagine it's because a) their Reddit doubles as an alarm for gamebreaking glitches and b) GGG can have a pretty substantial model of how people are thinking about certain content with the upvote system (though obviously, this has flaws -- see the countless idiots that said Metamorph was an amazing league on like day 1).

In my opinion, you are underestimating the developers. I reported a very obscure and extremely low priority bug back in Synthesis league and was given a very fast reply and acknowledgment they had added it to their list. They could have just let it rot, as it was pertaining to a unique almost nobody ever bothers with.

Obviously they do at some level most noticeable in the bug reports section but seeing that this forum in particular does get some attention would certainly boost morale around these parts.

To accomplish that i do not think they need to post in THIS thread but something like AMA or Highlights would be pretty badass and encourage a lot more participation here.

Its the official forums after all and if you look at the general population that gathers on reddit while im sure there are plenty of good people on that platform i would never expect actual constructive discussion to ever happen there given its voting system, Just take a look at some of the posts in this thread that mentioned pretty neutral topics about bugs or other things getting down voted for no good reason.

Yet reddit gets a lot of attention and encouragement and its a commonly held belief that the feedback forum does not matter, All i hope for is GGG to prove in some way that it not true.

Happy new years!
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Dec 31, 2019, 9:34:20 PM
i need to know!
Innocence forgives you
+
i gave you definitive proof they read these forums, listen to our feedback and are willing to implement ideas we put forward here in this thread months ago. why is this still going?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
why is this still going?

People don't read the whole thread.
(⌐■_■)
"
Xystre wrote:
good luck on this crusade exile.

but I can see the future on this matter.

let me know when you change your future exile.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
i gave you definitive proof they read these forums, listen to our feedback and are willing to implement ideas we put forward here in this thread months ago. why is this still going?

I don't feel like digging through all the cancer ridden posts to find what you are talking about, feel free to quote it.
Innocence forgives you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info