[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

Been following for a few days very interested. But question for you. Why go Ngamahu, Flame's Advance when BA already has 100% conversion? Seems like a bit of a waste of 2 ascendancy points to get the 100% Phys. Dmg. every 4 seconds. My initial thought is to go for Tawhoa, Forest's Strength but the tree doesn't take advantage of endurance charges that you could gain. The second thought I had was to add a ballista with something like ensnaring arrow in the chest while leveling and waiting for Koam's. Then in the ascendancy you can go for something like Arohongui, Moon's Presence.

Are we not worried that getting the Xoph's Bow is going to be way harder and more expensive this league ?
"
Been following for a few days very interested. But question for you. Why go Ngamahu, Flame's Advance when BA already has 100% conversion? Seems like a bit of a waste of 2 ascendancy points to get the 100% Phys. Dmg. every 4 seconds.

100% extra phys as fire is probably equivalent to ~60% more damage during that time (would be 100% if you had no Herald and flat ele damage).

This is specially good on a DoT build because you can get higher burns that will drag on even after the buff expire, giving you twice the effective uptime of the buff other builds have.
"
ccarles wrote:
"
Been following for a few days very interested. But question for you. Why go Ngamahu, Flame's Advance when BA already has 100% conversion? Seems like a bit of a waste of 2 ascendancy points to get the 100% Phys. Dmg. every 4 seconds.

100% extra phys as fire is probably equivalent to ~60% more damage during that time (would be 100% if you had no Herald and flat ele damage).

This is specially good on a DoT build because you can get higher burns that will drag on even after the buff expire, giving you twice the effective uptime of the buff other builds have.

Is this not taken into the PoB Fork calculation? I tried looking in the configuration but did not find the appropriate check box. I am not totally experienced with PoB.
"
"
ccarles wrote:
"

Is this not taken into the PoB Fork calculation? I tried looking in the configuration but did not find the appropriate check box. I am not totally experienced with PoB.

PoB does not account by default. The Xoph's that is selected by default in the PoB file attempts to immitate what our damage might be like after we have the buff. You can see the damage without the buff by switching to the unedited Xoph's.
Uh oh, Stinky
Makes sense now. Did not realize all these things. Can't wait to try this build out, looks very solid.
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Are we not worried that getting the Xoph's Bow is going to be way harder and more expensive this league ?

I'm pretty worried too, but we don't really know how popular the bow will be. Certainly unachievable in the first few days.
I see in the PoB config you have shocked checked.
Where is that coming from ? or am i missing something ?
"
KatVB wrote:
I see in the PoB config you have shocked checked.
Where is that coming from ? or am i missing something ?

We have about an 18% chance to shock between Holy Dominion and our crit chance. you can see this in the Calc tab of PoB. Ideally we'd want this value to be higher, but since the only time it will really matter is against bosses... we'll be hitting them enough times to trigger shock for sure.
Uh oh, Stinky
FYI Burning Arrow has this added to it since initial reveal with regards to the additional stacking burn: "This damage is not affected by your damage modifiers."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info