Support Gem Plus Preview

Multistrike looks really good!!!
"
mic01851165 wrote:

This update is EXACTLY like how D3 gone wrong by making the set armour bonuses ridiculous and make your characters doing 100~200 BILLION damage just so you can climb Greater Rift alittle higher. It add NOTHING to the game.

Exactly.
It's an artificial and cheap way of updating the game.
D3 was all about that. Every update was: x% more life to monsters (Grift) and x% more damage to players making EVERYTHING from the previous update completely obsolete and taking away every sense of grinding cause why bothering getting more items if you already know that whatever you gonna get will be obsolete in few months.
Well at least was like this when I was playing it back in 2014. Once I've got that that was the way of progression in the game I've just quit.

Just as an (absurd) example is like now there will be the Ancient Headhunter with the exact same affixes but you gain the monster modifier for 40 secs instead of 20.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Nov 22, 2019, 6:07:32 AM
sooo... they're just better in general, which makes them a must have in trade league, where everyone has access to everything. If they are really rare that's just a pain in the ass for everyone. If the valuable league content is developed around having these it'll be terrible, since us casuals, who don't give a fuck about the meta, will again just be able to do the basic content, especially in ssf.
Still I guess if the game isn't balanced around them, they can be good in ssf as a huge and sudden upgrade, just like finding the perfect unique for your build. we'll see.
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
I really like whats coming ... except those plus gems, especially those that make attacks/casts even faster ...

I don't know all that much about game design, but for me the rather obvious better solution would have been adding some sort of rare currency that can up the max level of support gems by +5.
Last edited by dyneol on Nov 22, 2019, 6:30:59 AM
fantastic. :)
A
We don't need that level of power creep
Is regular spell echo getting a nerf? Because if not, spell echo plus seems frankly awful compared to the other max-level support gems plus.

Like, there's honestly no excuse for it dealing 15% less damage when regular spell echo is 10% less. What the fuck.

Edit: scratch that, spell cascade is in the same boat.

Guess GGG really hates spells just in time for bow league. Fuck.
Last edited by codetaku on Nov 22, 2019, 6:51:35 AM
"which at level one are more powerful than the level 20 versions of the ones they replace."

"replace" ... Hmm does that mean you cannot combine normal and plus gems together ? That would mean it isn't as bad as I previously thought.
That Spell Cascade Plus makes me hard.

@codetaku

Spell Cascade Plus literally gives you 2 extra "copies" of a spell. 4 instead 2. With certain spells you can hit big enough target with all 5. This gem will be so broken
Last edited by Aynix on Nov 22, 2019, 6:59:47 AM
"
apotropaiko wrote:
"
n3wtonapple wrote:
Even though I am a GGG fanboy and Christ Wilson’s, I have to disagree with the choice of these gems.

As everybody said before, too much power creep in an already broken (in terms of damage) game. It very much reminds me of Ancients and Primals from D3 and everybody knows how bs was that. GGG has shown us that they tend to make everything better compared to Blizzard but this decision is too simplistic and boring and does not reflect the standards of our boyz in GGG. Sad but true!

Wait and see how difficulty will scale on the new atlas/bosses given we will have all t16 maps and custom bosses.. maybe you will seriously need these gems as Christ (How you call him) stated his Boss Team has amped up big time.

I can only hope you are right!

Na eisai kala :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info