Support Gem Plus Preview

"
isnt spell cascade same as ordinary? -16 -21 +2 zones at max lvl.

The wording on the gem isn't great. It creates +4 zones in a "+" formation. That's legit broken. They nerfed increased AoE effects but now introduce a gem that gives ~2.5x AoE.
"
STOPTHISCRAP wrote:
STOP ADDING OVERPOWERED SHIT TO YOUR GAME, FOR GOD'S SAKE, JUST STOP THAT NONSENSE, GAME IS TOO EASY ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should it be hard?
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
I'm waiting to see all chaos realated support plus gems ! Anyways the wait is already too much
"
Innomen wrote:
Any comment on the twitch drops? I check the news forum now exclusively for that.

I'm sure there are threads for this. This is not the place. Funny how people can make everything about themselves.
"
I strongly disagree with this idea of plus supports because they are always better than corresponding basic support. They provide no new choices for players - only straightforward powercreep. It is like make Starforge Plus which just have more damage than the regular Starforge - makes no sense from gameplay point of view.

Plus supports are the worst game mechanics in terms of what they bring to the game (absolutely nothing except powercreep) i've seen in 3 years i'm playing the game. No real player who cares about the game and its state actually wants to have it in the game.

There are 3 weeks until new league - please, revoke this plus supports from the game. Instead of them, new bosses should drop more new crafting orbs. New expansion/league have enough new/reworked mechanics to entertain players, no one will miss this plus supports system (especially if drop rate of new crafting orbs will be high enough).

Strongly disagree with you.

As announced, this PLUS gems will be hard to get, and very expensive. It's part of EndGame gear, but not early/mid game gear, this is what planned as mechanics. To level it up to level 5 - it's like to lvl up empower, so for normal games it will take 2 weeks of farming to level it up.

As for me - great idea from GGG.
TBH. I'm not a fan of those. They do nothing but giving the top 1% of the playerbase a little more power that they don't need! #uselessminorpowercreepfortherich
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
How aabout...now this is just a thought...yogi bear with me...how about...instead of creating new skill gems that are not actually new, just the same with 15% improvement, add a new projectile, a new strike etc...which is so lame...

MAYBE ? JUST MAYBE you increase every skill gem level to a max of 25 instead of 20, the lvl 4s to lvl 6 (enlighten etc,) the lvl 6 to lvl 10 (blood and sand etc) AND, wait for this, AND, in the same time BRING BACK TO LIFE all the dead skill that were killed in the past, starting with Cyclone (it's aoe mostly) and Molten Strike (shift+click needs to work again - skill is unusable)

And after u bring back DIVERSITY in the game and let people choose from all the skill gems in the game, not just the league boosted ones, like CWilson said in interview - we dont want to be a 5 build game - only then, only AFTER, make NEW SKILL GEMS that are actually NEW.

Why shuould a leage be a BOW lwague, or a Melee LEague - each league should have its skill improvements and adds, but never kill existing ones....this is opposite of what CWilson said with his own mouth.

PLEASE take in consideration that diversity is GONE form PoE with each skill that is killed at end of leagues....
🎥 Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/unga___bunga
🟢 SC League Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576251
🟢 STD SC PoG SHOP - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936410
🔴 Ribs - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OJed57srnoXRP46QRznSw
"
icovex wrote:
"
I strongly disagree with this idea of plus supports because they are always better than corresponding basic support. They provide no new choices for players - only straightforward powercreep. It is like make Starforge Plus which just have more damage than the regular Starforge - makes no sense from gameplay point of view.

Plus supports are the worst game mechanics in terms of what they bring to the game (absolutely nothing except powercreep) i've seen in 3 years i'm playing the game. No real player who cares about the game and its state actually wants to have it in the game.

There are 3 weeks until new league - please, revoke this plus supports from the game. Instead of them, new bosses should drop more new crafting orbs. New expansion/league have enough new/reworked mechanics to entertain players, no one will miss this plus supports system (especially if drop rate of new crafting orbs will be high enough).

As announced, this PLUS gems will be hard to get, and very expensive. It's part of EndGame gear, but not early/mid game gear, this is what planned as mechanics. To level it up to level 5 - it's like to lvl up empower, so for normal games it will take 2 weeks of farming to level it up.

I strongly disagree with you too.
All these new gems do is more numbers on an already super easy game which many builds are doing 10 shaper dps per second.

There's no tradeoff to be made here, just a straight powercreep that doesn't change the gameplay in any way other than making an already easy game easier.

This update is EXACTLY like how D3 gone wrong by making the set armour bonuses ridiculous and make your characters doing 100~200 BILLION damage just so you can climb Greater Rift alittle higher. It add NOTHING to the game.
"
icovex wrote:
"

None of what you said disproves that "plus supports" are blatant power creep that adds nothing to the game, which was my point.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
mic01851165 wrote:

I strongly disagree with you too.
All these new gems do is more numbers on an already super easy game which many builds are doing 10 shaper dps per second.

There's no tradeoff to be made here, just a straight powercreep that doesn't change the gameplay in any way other than making an already easy game easier.

This update is EXACTLY like how D3 gone wrong by making the set armour bonuses ridiculous and make your characters doing 100~200 BILLION damage just so you can climb Greater Rift alittle higher. It add NOTHING to the game.

First of all, GGG announced, that they are increasing again the mobs health/defences and etc.

Second, you do not know, what will be the next bosses, what stats they will have, but i expect, that they will be even stronger than Elder stats.

So we expect, that the average damage will be decreased.

To compensate that, they are adding new items with new items mods, jewelry with more defenses, and to add some power in the game - support gems plus.

Game is too easy for metabuild, where people are not roleplaying mostly, but just gathering a one skill game, and than annoying that everything is too easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info