New Bow Skills in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

pog
What about wand RAT? Can wands also deploy ballistas?
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Tegraze wrote:
Not even kidding here, I crafted a million DPS per totem 6khp ranged totem build cooked since 3.6 and it's only going to get buffed

right, but they're not totems. so can't use multiple totem support with this. be very interesting to see what passives they add for ballistas tho
/quote]

All Ballistas are considered Totems, the devs verify this during Q&A on the deep dive panel. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/508841776?t=01h35m44s

"
We've made a number of changes to Ranged Attack Totems:
Ranged Attack Totem skills are now called Ballistas, with the existing support gem being renamed to Ballista Totem Support.
All Ballista skills start with 3 maximum totems, as does Ballista Totem Support.
Ballista Totems place much faster than other totems, letting you quickly deploy your full power.
Ballistas are all placed quite close to your character now. This makes your positioning important, however it isn't a large disadvantage as most of the Ballistas have a long firing range.
New passives have been added to the passive tree specific to Ballistas and other Attack totems, letting you gain additional Ballista totems.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
My favourite skill is coming back!!!

>>> EA <<<

Challenge Everything
I play builds that guarantee to be destroyed in 4 months.
"
Golden_Order wrote:
"
Tegraze wrote:
Not even kidding here, I crafted a million DPS per totem 6khp ranged totem build cooked since 3.6 and it's only going to get buffed

I know the feeling. I was cooking melee builds (especially cyclone ones) since 2016, and then we had Legion back in June. I was like "FUCK YEAH FINALLY" haha. :D

<3 Dreams do come true
i love bows and play them every league, but these changes seem very meh, Ranged totems were not played for a reason (extremely slow placement time and activation times) and new changes wont change it. Totem placement in videos did not seem noticeably faster and activation seems kinda slow also, so even if they are 2x as fast as previous, why do I want have 2 wait times for damage on top of hoping it tracks intelligently.
Also. The limited range of placement is a massive nerf. rangers need speed to manually maneuver so you will be leaving behind your totems whenever you are running and dodging. I also noticed a very limited range of the 1st totems shown, so they seem fairly useless when every other bow skill can shoot multiple screens.
in essence totems will remain a slightly improved addition to your build, but direct fired arrows will be what you want to focus on. although they seem to be geared for bossing and "gee i am playing something new" builds
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
"
boyandroid wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Tegraze wrote:

right, but they're not totems. so can't use multiple totem support with this. be very interesting to see what passives they add for ballistas tho
/quote]

All Ballistas are considered Totems, the devs verify this during Q&A on the deep dive panel. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/508841776?t=01h35m44s

"
We've made a number of changes to Ranged Attack Totems:
Ranged Attack Totem skills are now called Ballistas, with the existing support gem being renamed to Ballista Totem Support.
All Ballista skills start with 3 maximum totems, as does Ballista Totem Support.
Ballista Totems place much faster than other totems, letting you quickly deploy your full power.
Ballistas are all placed quite close to your character now. This makes your positioning important, however it isn't a large disadvantage as most of the Ballistas have a long firing range.
New passives have been added to the passive tree specific to Ballistas and other Attack totems, letting you gain additional Ballista totems.

Sorry for double posting but this made my day even more. If this is true, and even if they get a nerf somehow in terms of damage to compensate the base number of totems, the build spoken in my first post will end up with 9 totems...insane!
Much love <3
Impale maybe?
Last edited by Zykor on Nov 20, 2019, 9:20:45 PM
bow? meh
I freaking love totems and old M8 demon hunter in diablo 3 was one of my favorite builds but a hurt problem I have with totem builds is only having flask to rely on for healing. The life regen from templar per totem is so small that you barely notice it (comparing it to sab) and going es is ok I guess but the investment is not fun (personally). I have tried chieftain but it is super underwhelming for qol compared to templar. Then you have scion (chieftain /heiro) but then you spend so many points on pathing that you have pretty lame defence. Since ballistas are an attack based move and will most likely have us down in the bottom right of the screen please allow them to leech or give away like a keystone that allows it to leech for us. I really don't want to be turned away from the skills like I have been with totems because little to no sustain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info