ExileCon Recap

lol so much salt about the drops. i got four. two identical footprints, some pet that i put in the hideout and the infernal set. none of these i will ever equip.
"
x7yr wrote:
Well if you want to rely on this one sentence from bex then do it.

That's what you do. You pretend you never even had a chance to win something. You, not me.

"
x7yr wrote:
i dont have to proof or chew you the situation down. read the conversation.

Now you see you have no proof but claimed all the time you never had a chance to win something, because you were in the non-eligible list and quoted Bex as your evidence.

"
x7yr wrote:
I will share my experience in the next season ingame with the community.

Please do so, having something to laugh is always a good thing.
GGG have now clue on how to balance even the simplest things.
"
x7yr wrote:

Dude, my god, just stop it... How many complained about those "OH MY GOD, I WILL EVER SUPPORT GGG AGAIN" drops? In these 16 pages of comments, there were like... 5 people complaining about it, just cut it out and get out of here. Let the real community be happy with all the new things that are about to come, GGG will always surpass my expectations in terms of good content and deliverability.

GGG, thank you for all your effort. I'm excited about the new league and the new end-game expansion! :D
I would give away the 3 drops I won - 2 days later - if I could to anyone. All the mtx sucked and not even ExileCon themed which was the bigger let down for me personally.

And no one lied they just didn't anticipate what Twitch can and can't handle just like they didn't anticipate what their servers can and can't handle with blight maps.

As for the event itself, great job it was fun to tune in and watch.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
x7yr wrote:
"
I like how x7yr ignores your posts, because it couldn't comprehend the message Bex has written there. But I appreciate your effort.

wow, and your signature. LMAO. How butthurt can a single being be.
Seek out help please before you hurt yourself over a pixel.
Last edited by jendroo on Nov 19, 2019, 8:31:40 AM
"
Loyal33 wrote:
First and foremost, thank you so much GGG!

The event was absolutely amazing. This is the first time I've ever watched a keynote and actually regretted not being there. The way things are going with the world in general right now, having the opportunity to hang out with a couple thousand like-minded people and just geek out over something we all love would be incredible. Honestly, even just watching it from home left me feeling refreshed and a bit more hopeful. You guys are absolutely killing it and I can't wait for 3.9!

"

Spends 16 hours watching something only for a random 'drop'.
It doesn't happen.
Goes Postal.

just made my day

Excellent point. What could your time possibly be worth if you spent 16 hours hoping only to receive a set of Fiery Eyes? What are they, like $3? Is this really the thing you want to very publicly make yourself look like a fool over? Some of these people will be embarrassed by these tantrums when they mature a bit. Unfortunately, many others won't. I want to say that I can't believe that they came up with a group name for themselves and even made a banner that they are proudly posting everywhere... but of course they did. It must be nice having a life where you have the time and energy to spare to get so worked up over something so trivial.

For those who are still whining about this, here's an exercise for you: go up to someone who does not play this game and try explaining to them why you are so upset. If they don't either start laughing, or looking at you as if you are not all there (not that you would recognize that look as unusual, because you almost certainly get it all the time already), I will buy you some Fiery Eyes myself.

I think their point is, that they FELT they were "promised" something which they didn't receive then.

The Announcement was misleading, but anyone with IQ > 5 could have seen that 5.5h on average was just wrong.
68 rolls in 5.5h do not mean 68*1.5% = 102% "chance" (because chance is never > 100%), but just ~64%. This was obvious, and if they were as sceptical as they claim to be now, they would have stated that way more early.
Also, the communication about this was mediocre at best, from my point of view understandably, GGG being busy during that time.

All in all, i would be really interested in a demographics of both the "complainers" and the "defendants".

In my opinion these people don't make any sense.

1. if GGG and in conclusion tencent wanted bots to boost their twitch views, don't you think tencent would have better ways at their disposal than luring their community with free microtransactions (that they then even give out!)

2. in my experience people are stupid and rather lash out at others then admitting they made a fault. i bet a majority of the 0 drops gang just fucked their twitch link up by changing account 12 times on either platform, some linked to steam, some not and so on. they rather suspect a conspiracy.

3. while a certain amount of disappointment is understandable, the way this is voiced here and everywhere else is just plain pathetic.

I insulted and belittled them in the Threads and i'm not proud of it, and for what its worth, i hated that GGG obviously cares so much about all of this, and the ungrateful choosing beggars here just take a dump in the yard, possibly ruining any motivation of doing something like Exilecon ever again.

For me i truly learned the meaning of the phrase "toxic behaviour".
Thanks for Exilecon, ban the morons and get on with it.

Last edited by harter_morgoth on Nov 19, 2019, 8:37:00 AM
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
ayemjake20 wrote:

actually someone already did the math for it with the 1.5% dice rolling every 5 minutes, and indeed anyone who's watched the whole thing from day 1 - 2 are guaranteed a drop.

guaranteed... It's crazy to me how there can be this many PoE players that don't understand how RNG works.

Actually only around 1.8% of the participants will not get the drop, but the amount of people outraged right now tells me that theres way too many people who didnt receive the rewards, if not it wouldnt had escalated to this level.

To break it down for you, I quoted the guy who did the calculations and For the sake of fairness, this guy actually received drops so he had nothing to complain about, he just made computations for the sake of those who didnt receive theirs...

And i quote:

480 minutes of watching stream at day 1
420 minutes day 2
96 attempts to roll 1.5% at day 1 = 23.4357% chance to get nothing
84 attempts to roll 3% at day 2 - 7.74151% chance to get nothing

Then put these numbers in probability calculator an check the line "Probability that neither A or B occurs. And it's = 1.814277%
1.8% to get nothing

https://www.omnicalculator.com/statistics/probability?c=RUB&v=not_b:7.74151!perc,not_a:23.4357!perc

So yeah obviously the amount of people who didnt get the rewards are way too many.
''I Will Never Support Grinding Gear Games again, I will be refunding all of the money I have spent on the company with my bank & will only leave bad reviews on Steam & other platforms about them from now on - due to the Twitch Drop Fraudulent & Misleading Scam of ExileCON 2019''

door is that way >>>>>

btw 0 fucks given with a attitude like that we dont want you here, also persecuting a company with slanderous remarks like that for something that is twitches fault is a big balls move crying becasue you didn't get a ''free'' item

"
ayemjake20 wrote:
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
ayemjake20 wrote:

actually someone already did the math for it with the 1.5% dice rolling every 5 minutes, and indeed anyone who's watched the whole thing from day 1 - 2 are guaranteed a drop.

guaranteed... It's crazy to me how there can be this many PoE players that don't understand how RNG works.

Actually only around 1.8% of the participants will not get the drop, but the amount of people outraged right now tells me that theres way too many people who didnt receive the rewards, if not it wouldnt had escalated to this level.

To break it down for you, I quoted the guy who did the calculations and For the sake of fairness, this guy actually received drops so he had nothing to complain about, he just made computations for the sake of those who didnt receive theirs...

And i quote:

480 minutes of watching stream at day 1
420 minutes day 2
96 attempts to roll 1.5% at day 1 = 23.4357% chance to get nothing
84 attempts to roll 3% at day 2 - 7.74151% chance to get nothing

Then put these numbers in probability calculator an check the line "Probability that neither A or B occurs. And it's = 1.814277%
1.8% to get nothing

https://www.omnicalculator.com/statistics/probability?c=RUB&v=not_b:7.74151!perc,not_a:23.4357!perc

So yeah obviously the amount of people who didnt get the rewards are way too many.

If all of those guys were talking about it the way you are, there would not be any drama. im genuinely sorry for you, and if they have a "gift mtx" campaign this christmas again, you can look forward to some MTX from me, i'm serious. i read some of your posts, and you communicate respectfully and i sympathize with you not being able to afford the MTX (but still managed to buy supporter packs, because you care).
This is not at all sarcastic, check out his other posts.

I am Looking forward to the new leagues too where some people will win and others loose.
Toxic member since ExileConScam 2019. #ZeroDropGang

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info