ExileCon Announcements

PoE 2 looks good, well done GGG.

"
Deziowy wrote:
ez pz , d4 is joke [ i used to love d2 but let's be real... its a past], Poe is a king

Ofc this is bias nonsense, D4 is looking great.
Very clever anouncment ;).

PoE 2 ... great
3.9 ... great
new skill system ... insane
thow in barrage change with just 3 words ... hahaha, nice one for a HUGE change
go one with "new new new changed new new change" ... I'm sure I missed some as it was soooo much input
the "oh btw, you can ALL THIS play here and now!" ... umpf ... WANT TO BE THERE DAMIT !!

and then

sweat perls, edgy voice ... "let me finish this before you react"

MOBILE POE !!

I fall from my chair while laughing :D
First I just thought it's a side kick to big Blue *g*. Until I realised you realy doing it ^^. But hell, you anounced just so much stuff and mood was so great ... big Blue LEARN HOW TO!!
Sure the Con was hyped. But everyone knew about 3.9 and 4.0. So everyone got what he/she expected (very likely MUCH more). And then this nobody, absolut NOBODY (except Ziggy *g*) knew about :). Hilarious ^^.

Great show, great anouncments, great work :) even if I don't even own a smart phone or tablet ;).

PS: just one concern: I pray my 970gtx can handle all this new GFX :(. Can you make it optional via settings (on/off or from 1 to x levels)?

PPS: damn Chris is a fast talker ... partly hard to follow as non-english listener
Last edited by Schakar on Nov 15, 2019, 11:35:52 PM
Zombie, Skele, Spectre, 6 Golem types all 6 linked. (*maniacal laugh*)
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
"
Gruentod wrote:
Okay. Sure are some pretty graphics and lots of pretty-yet-vague claims and promises.

I reserve judgement until I get a chance to actually play this stuff.

From what I can see, it seems like the new league is going to be focusing mainly on endgame... which I've never even sniffed. In the for-me-entirely-too-short three month leagues, the best I've managed is just barely getting into red tier maps, around tier 11 or 12. So endgame is just this thing I keep hearing about but never see.

As a consequence, I have virtually no incentive to care about what seems to be an endgame-focused league.

And yes, I recognize some folks have varying definitions of what constitutes "endgame". Please forgive my rather liberal use of the term. Here, I'm using the term in reference to red tier maps and Elder/Shaper content.

As for PoE 2: it sounds to me like it's going to get hideously complicated, perhaps needlessly so. So I can't say I'm getting terribly excited about P2, either.

Full disclosure: I haven't watched the trailers, because in my experience the trailers are never even close to the material you eventually get, especially when the promised content is at least a year away. I did read the preview material, though, and can't say I'm even remotely as enthused as the other folks in this thread.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I doubt it. I just don't see what all the cheering is about, when nothing has really been delivered yet.

The only thing I'm even remotely sure of, is at some point all these upgrades and additional content are going to force a new computer purchase, to which I'm not looking forward.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled "pog"s, "dank"s and other expressions of excitement.

Sounds like Standard League is where you would be most comfortable then. A lot of people play there. Some exclusively. But most in that group of players use the temporary leagues to get a breath of fresh air before going back to what they know and love.

I do agree there could be more content aimed towards players who have no interest in getting to the endgame content, but just want to experience the league mechanics.

PoE 2 (4.0) seems to go in that direction, however, with replayability of the second campaign through playing each class to unlock the ascendancies on all characters regardless of the campaign their originate from. Can this get boring? Sure — but so does farming endgame content after a while. I usually get bored in new leagues after a month or so, when farming guardians, shaper, and (uber) elder becomes the main focus.

The intro for PoE 2 seems to focus on a specific class, so maybe there is added replayability in the campaign through unique encounters for each class, other than just the Piety comments we get currently in PoE 1. We will have to wait and see.
"
Gruentod wrote:
Okay. Sure are some pretty graphics and lots of pretty-yet-vague claims and promises.

I reserve judgement until I get a chance to actually play this stuff.

From what I can see, it seems like the new league is going to be focusing mainly on endgame... which I've never even sniffed. In the for-me-entirely-too-short three month leagues, the best I've managed is just barely getting into red tier maps, around tier 11 or 12. So endgame is just this thing I keep hearing about but never see.

As a consequence, I have virtually no incentive to care about what seems to be an endgame-focused league.

And yes, I recognize some folks have varying definitions of what constitutes "endgame". Please forgive my rather liberal use of the term. Here, I'm using the term in reference to red tier maps and Elder/Shaper content.

As for PoE 2: it sounds to me like it's going to get hideously complicated, perhaps needlessly so. So I can't say I'm getting terribly excited about P2, either.

Full disclosure: I haven't watched the trailers, because in my experience the trailers are never even close to the material you eventually get, especially when the promised content is at least a year away. I did read the preview material, though, and can't say I'm even remotely as enthused as the other folks in this thread.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I doubt it. I just don't see what all the cheering is about, when nothing has really been delivered yet.

The only thing I'm even remotely sure of, is at some point all these upgrades and additional content are going to force a new computer purchase, to which I'm not looking forward.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled "pog"s, "dank"s and other expressions of excitement.

Iam strugling to play this game aswell with my potato laptop i laaaaaag alot yet iam still beating uber elder and raiding the endgame. Its been a while since i wanted to upgrade. Endgame is fun, when you PLAY the game. If you cant go higher then tier 13 maps in 3 months, then what are you doing in the game ? Iam not kidding, you can reach shaper and finish atlas in two-three weeks, with very slow pace.

Even if you have real life time ocupied. On weekends 3-6h in straight siting u can achieve that easy. Beat elder or do whatever is at End. Sir, you either are very lazy, or you are stuborn to listen to others advice when it comes to "how to reach end game" faster. Try changing youre gameplay. Anyone who wishes to reach end reaches it without complaining. This game is meant to be "grinded" to reach glory afterall. Go play diablo 3, its less grindy and more "lazy" people friendly. Welcome to Poe!

The hype is real, because of new mechanics that will be brought in poe 2.0, how can you not see ? Watch again, its there, if fixes so many headaches, will balance some of annoying past mechanics. I respect your opinion, but stating that nothing new is just pure bs. We all are tired of same barely new stuff added to game each league, poe 2 is the right thing that game needed. A major update. (overall its too early to say anything, they gave just raw demo version showen, in time of development they will surely add something more, but its enough to get a taste of what to expect in future.)

Overall we've seen what we've been showed, it looks promising. They do struggle to meet "everyones' expectations, thats virtually imposible with anything. But they are learning and nailing it with slow pace, learning from mistakes. Improving over time. :)

PS. iam not picking a fight or try to insult in any ways, its just remember this "to gain something, you must sacrifise something in return"
that goes for time, patience, struggle, attention and most off all LUCK. Also if youre still strugling, find me in game ill help with end game (and to reach it because it is easy)...
"
mireigi wrote:

The intro for PoE 2 seems to focus on a specific class, so maybe there is added replayability in the campaign through unique encounters for each class, other than just the Piety comments we get currently in PoE 1. We will have to wait and see.

I really hope on what Nugi said that due to more randomized maps the side quests could be different for each encounter. But I would modify - that quest and side quests could be randomized from a pool, so your experience and the boss you encounter may be different when you create another class, and would be different from other player's quest line.

Say there are 20 encounters before end game, there can be 60 different types of encounter which only 20 you can experience per one character progression.

Something like that.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
"
flowersikuwr wrote:
Great, they still didn't notice that players don't want to another league of puzzles... Last was disaster, which i didn't even touch and it was dead after 2 weeks, dropped even by streamers. PoE 2 amazing, wonder for how long. I am far away from hype mode, cause i am angry they bring bulshits like bestiary, incursion /1 of the most boring league/, betrayal to the core of the game. Not fun for me, and i was playing since close beta. Last leagues i had most fun were breach and delve. Now is the era of puzzles, in the freaking h'n's game.

Synthesis was a complete disaster. On that I agree. Way too clunky of a mechanic to use. And too focused on hardcore crafting, which is only appealing to a smaller group of the playerbase.

Bestiary wasn't all that exciting, with the constant need to change nets depending on the tier of maps you ran, so you didn't use a high tier rare net on a low tier beast. Or killed the beast by accident before you could capture it. Endgame content was also way too rare, and still is, even though the mechanic itself has improved a lot.

Betrayal was, and still is, too complicated. There is a greater reward for creating a good setup, but resources outside the game are needed to keep track of the different setups and rewards. And once that setup is in place, you won't be interacting with a good portion of the league mechanic as it will otherwise ruin your setup.

Blight has been alright, once the initial issues were fixed. Though the interface gets way too cluttered in big encounters, with all the tower building/upgrade buttons popping up. Not any real exciting endgame content, but it has felt nice to have an over-abundance of mid-tier crafting materials, and be able to sustain maps quite easily — both without needing to sink a ton of currency into said maps.

As for Metamorphis...
I don't think it's particularly fair to call the new league a puzzle league. From the looks of it, it is no different than rolling maps, and using Vaal Fragments, Scarabs, or Prophecies to boost the potential of the map.
Instead now we get to do it to creatures and bosses, where the difficulty (and potential reward) of our creation is visible beforehand, allowing us greater control of what we are fighting, and what we get out of it.
Is there an optimal "configuration" for it? Probably. But unlike Betrayal, and using Scarabs, that optional configuration is based on the character you are playing, and what it can manage, rather than some meta "best value setup" that is the same for all characters.
Last edited by mireigi on Nov 16, 2019, 12:03:04 AM
Freaking awesome. Cant wait for this stuff
saw the entire stream..I live in europe... not a single "mtx win".. ever so slightly miffed over that one..

maybe tomorrow.. (NIGHT.. AS I LIVE IN EUROPE).. will have better luck...
generally dangerous
You guys rock. Keep it up!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info