[3.11] Melting Nova | 16m DPS, 6k life, acro/phase | Deathless Sirus A8

"
Makos333 wrote:
Good news is, there seems to be no breaking changes in tree / skillgems from what I can see :)

Yeah. I've done a quick read and as far as I've seen, the only change for the build would be the shock effect for Skitterbots (from 20% to 15%). Build would still run almost as smooth as last league. I'll take a complete look today to be sure of it. :)

"
euphemon wrote:
Awakened CoC support now lets us hit the 52% breakpoint for ICRS on the CoC link (but puts cospri's out of sync as a result). That's a pretty huge buff to builds with ice nova in the chest vs the cospri's like this one. There must be room to optimize here. Maybe it'd be worth it to manually cast WoC and have an ice nova in the chest as well as a cospri?

That'd be a high budget build that trades QoL for pure damage though and maybe it's not worth it considering how high the damage is regardless.

This will probably be an option for COC builds without Cospri. Still, maybe it would be an option for the build if we placed another damaging skill (like another Ice Nova) on our chest. I'll check it later.

"
Luriel wrote:
@chesco

Why u did not take throatseeker? I am guessing u need to cut some points and u cut it from there, but i will still ask.

I've also thought about it last league, but wanted to pick it only after I've put my hands on an anointed amulet, something that never happened lol

I really don't remember where I've placed the points when I dropped it, but Throatseeker is a nice node. I'd suggest you to drop the 4 power charge nodes, placing 3 points for Throatseeker and investing the last one on Light of Divinity. It would also solve our Strength requirements without needing any item for it.
Last edited by Chesco on Dec 12, 2019, 5:15:04 AM
"
xpancakethief wrote:
Got two questions:

1) How do you think this build will perform as a league starter

2) Can it be run as a CI/LL build in order to be more defensive?

I've run this as starter for two leagues. As you build critical, it's a little squishy for bosses, but pretty good for leveling, and I usually change to COC right after Merciless Lab. The only mandatory item to change in the beginning would be a 6-Link (I usually take Tabula) and you're quite good to go. If you didn't, check the leveling section for more info!

I think these versions may be possible but the investment would be high in both items and supports for high ES. Thus, as I wanted a low cost build which could run well with almost no mandatory items, I've never checked the chance for those versions.

I guess it's doable, but would need some rework on the tree, removing Acrobatics and life nodes, and even some damage nodes, to insert increased ES on the build. Worth noting that we have fire damage leeched as ES, so it's possibly doable! :)

"
sephonly wrote:
Nice guide with great explanations! I was wondering if someone could help me out with a question about exposure. One of the benefits of using wave of conviction in this build is that it's allowing us to inflict -25 fire exposure on enemies which boosts the overall damage from each spell. Does this exposure last permanently or does it have a duration, and if it does have a duration, what is it?

I was thinking that if the exposure infliction is permanent, we don't have to necessarily use wave of conviction in our CoC link for trash mobs and can instead another spell of choice and then use Wave of Conviction separately un-linked at the beginning of big boss fights to inflict exposure once. Does anyone know how long exposure lasts?

According to wiki, its effect lasts for 4 seconds. Wave of Conviction has a good secondary effect, but its damage is also pretty good. Also, it wouldn't be so nice to stop spinning so often to cast a skill manually, and we don't focus on cast speed, so it could take a while. :P

"
pepejovi wrote:
Any suggestions for builds to play while farming currency for gear in order to swap to this build? I'm assuming Cospri's will be fairly expensive at league start.

Would be nice to have something with a very similar tree and same ascendancy so that it'll be easy to just use regret points from quests and maybe a few regret orbs to respec into this and go CoC once I have the gear.

You can start playing as a Freezing Pulse crit Assassin and change later to COC with almost no Regrets used. I've done it for two leagues, and I've commented a little about if on the leveling section of the guide.

Cospri was just a little expensive last league, but it can easily change, so I often farm a little (maybe even with COC) before buying one.
"
Chesco wrote:

"
pepejovi wrote:
Any suggestions for builds to play while farming currency for gear in order to swap to this build? I'm assuming Cospri's will be fairly expensive at league start.

Would be nice to have something with a very similar tree and same ascendancy so that it'll be easy to just use regret points from quests and maybe a few regret orbs to respec into this and go CoC once I have the gear.

You can start playing as a Freezing Pulse crit Assassin and change later to COC with almost no Regrets used. I've done it for two leagues, and I've commented a little about if on the leveling section of the guide.

Cospri was just a little expensive last league, but it can easily change, so I often farm a little (maybe even with COC) before buying one.

I'm a little worried about Cospri's prices in early league, last league they were ~20-30C for the first 2-3 weeks, if I remember correctly from poe.ninja, but they rose to around 300c as CoC Cospri's builds gained popularity. Difficult to tell how high they'll start at this league.. Tabula usually is pretty cheap, but I can't remember how expensive the amulet is anymore.

Just Freezing pulse with supports clears well enough to farm low maps to get a cospri, I guess?
"
Luriel wrote:
i checked from pob. I edited a jewel for increased attack speed. So we need 85% increased attack speed for goin 20.20 from 15.14 aps. So i dont think its possible (i assume my logic is not wrong).

Ahhhh i just figured awakened coc doesnt affect cospri so my assumption is wrong.
What about build survivability? 5.3k hp in endgame gear kinda low, and what about boss dmg? Will it be enought in this league?
I haven't played a cospri coc build since 3.5, so apologies if my perspective is out of date.

Given the utility of flasks here during boss fights (and the general focus on boss fights in 3.9), would this build work well as a Scion (Pathfinder-Ass)? In 3.5 I built it as Inq-Ass Scion and it was excellent, but I hate flask downtime, especially with the greater boss focus this league.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 12, 2019, 9:52:45 AM
"
p4fsoveren wrote:
What about build survivability? 5.3k hp in endgame gear kinda low, and what about boss dmg? Will it be enought in this league?
Have to factor in avoidance, but ultimately I think we don’t know end game boss damage yet.
"
p4fsoveren wrote:

It is in fact a quite low health, but as mschultz32 stated, we need to factor avoidance. We've got high evasion (from blind + some evasion rating from gear and flask), plus lots of dodge (from Acrobatics/Phase, Stibnite Flask and Mistwalker's Elusive). We are also "immune to crits" (as we don't take extra damage from crits because of Mistwalker).

Of course, you can't facetank stuff, but survivability isn't a real big issue. As long as you're decent on dodging mechanics, it won't be a problem.

"
pepejovi wrote:
I'm a little worried about Cospri's prices in early league, last league they were ~20-30C for the first 2-3 weeks, if I remember correctly from poe.ninja, but they rose to around 300c as CoC Cospri's builds gained popularity. Difficult to tell how high they'll start at this league.. Tabula usually is pretty cheap, but I can't remember how expensive the amulet is anymore.

Just Freezing pulse with supports clears well enough to farm low maps to get a cospri, I guess?

Yeah, it can. You can also turn earlier to COC, once you finish Merciless Lab, and do your first maps with 2x Widowmaker. I did this last season (went to Blood Aqueduct first until I got enough value for a Tabula), and it was pretty smooth.

"
mrpetrov wrote:
I haven't played a cospri coc build since 3.5, so apologies if my perspective is out of date.

Given the utility of flasks here during boss fights (and the general focus on boss fights in 3.9), would this build work well as a Scion (Pathfinder-Ass)? In 3.5 I built it as Inq-Ass Scion and it was excellent, but I hate flask downtime, especially with the greater boss focus this league.

Worth noting that in fact we aren't really dependant on the flasks. Of course, they got some neat buffs, but we can use the Uber Elder video as an example of how we don't need them always up. Of course, the more the uptime, the better. :)

About Scion, yeah, the build can run with it. I only think we would lose some damage (because Assassin got so many crit stuff - but I'm not sure about it) and some survivability (as we would lose the awesome Mistwalker). Still, yeah, Scion it's a good option. Both Assassin-Inquisitor and Assassin-Pathfinder seem to be good options for a Scion.

As a side note, I also wanted to test Assassin+Elementalist effectivity. I'm not sure if that would be as good as Inquisitor or Pathfinder, though.
Last edited by Chesco on Dec 12, 2019, 12:40:47 PM
Double checked the changes on the build.
Updated the title of the post (new patch and recalculated DPS).
Added a little errata in the beginning (about the DPS) and a Patch Changes section.

There are some pretty nice awakened gems that we can possibly include on the build, like:
- Cast on Critical Strike
- Controlled Destruction
- Elemental Focus
PS: although Cast on Critical Strike increased cooldown recovery speed isn't useful for us (because we would need to break the 52% cooldown recovery to see any real benefit), it also buffs skills linked to it.
Last edited by Chesco on Dec 13, 2019, 6:45:20 AM
So i checked new pob link.Pob fork have input for shock %. You have 5243835 dps without vaal rf 6708202.5 with vaal rf. Thosere are nice numbers i guess i will try this build this season. Ty for guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info