[3.11] Melting Nova | 16m DPS, 6k life, acro/phase | Deathless Sirus A8

"
Chesco wrote:
"
Makos333 wrote:
Hi, first of all, thanks for the guide :)

Is the thread going to be updated after patch notes tomorrow/before 3.9?

Yeah, I intend to update it for 3.9. There's also a point to fix regarding the shock effect from Skitterbots, just a few posts earlier.
It may take some time, though, depending on how much free time I'll have until Friday.

Thats nice to hear. It looks like a fast and fun build i wanted to try when 3.9 starts.
I hope you find the time to do it until Friday.
Good news is, there seems to be no breaking changes in tree / skillgems from what I can see :)
Got two questions:

1) How do you think this build will perform as a league starter

2) Can it be run as a CI/LL build in order to be more defensive?
Awakened CoC support now lets us hit the 52% breakpoint for ICRS on the CoC link (but puts cospri's out of sync as a result). That's a pretty huge buff to builds with ice nova in the chest vs the cospri's like this one. There must be room to optimize here. Maybe it'd be worth it to manually cast WoC and have an ice nova in the chest as well as a cospri?

That'd be a high budget build that trades QoL for pure damage though and maybe it's not worth it considering how high the damage is regardless.
Last edited by euphemon on Dec 11, 2019, 10:32:44 PM
Nice guide with great explanations! I was wondering if someone could help me out with a question about exposure. One of the benefits of using wave of conviction in this build is that it's allowing us to inflict -25 fire exposure on enemies which boosts the overall damage from each spell. Does this exposure last permanently or does it have a duration, and if it does have a duration, what is it?

I was thinking that if the exposure infliction is permanent, we don't have to necessarily use wave of conviction in our CoC link for trash mobs and can instead another spell of choice and then use Wave of Conviction separately un-linked at the beginning of big boss fights to inflict exposure once. Does anyone know how long exposure lasts?
Last edited by sephonly on Dec 12, 2019, 12:38:46 AM
"
euphemon wrote:
Awakened CoC support now lets us hit the 52% breakpoint for ICRS on the CoC link (but puts cospri's out of sync as a result). That's a pretty huge buff to builds with ice nova in the chest vs the cospri's like this one. There must be room to optimize here. Maybe it'd be worth it to manually cast WoC and have an ice nova in the chest as well as a cospri?

That'd be a high budget build that trades QoL for pure damage though and maybe it's not worth it considering how high the damage is regardless.

Surely build owner would know more but you're right - it doesn't seem worth it. You'd also have to buff your attack speed to take full advantage and get further cool down reduction on gear (both belt & boots).
"
euphemon wrote:

i think 52 cdr is kinda unrealistic. it needs 20.20 aps. maybe its doable but it will need a lot of investing.

@chesco

Why u did not take throatseeker? I am guessing u need to cut some points and u cut it from there, but i will still ask.

i checked from pob. I edited a jewel for increased attack speed. So we need 85% increased attack speed for goin 20.20 from 15.14 aps. So i dont think its possible (i assume my logic is not wrong).
Last edited by Luriel on Dec 12, 2019, 4:02:00 AM
Any suggestions for builds to play while farming currency for gear in order to swap to this build? I'm assuming Cospri's will be fairly expensive at league start.

Would be nice to have something with a very similar tree and same ascendancy so that it'll be easy to just use regret points from quests and maybe a few regret orbs to respec into this and go CoC once I have the gear.
Made this Cast on Critical Strike and Cospri's Malice mechanics guide for players that are more into visual learning. Feel free to use it in your build guide:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSpyn9pTRaQ&t=426s

Also, open for feedback on the video (hope that its all correct:P)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info