[3.11] Melting Nova | 16m DPS, 6k life, acro/phase | Deathless Sirus A8

"
Qmabyte wrote:
"
Short explanation: you must get at least 14% cooldown recovery speed and no more than 15 attacks per second for maximum damage

This is misleading.

You must use path of building to check your attack speed. In game tooltips are inaccurate as fuck.

Always check your cyclone attack per second, rest does not matter.

You have 2 tresholds.

One is around 7.5 aps on your cyclone skill.
You need 14% Cooldown reduce.

The second is around 15 aps on your cyclone skill.
You need at least 52% Cooldown reduce in this case, which involves:

-CDR on belt
-CDR on boots
-Awakened cast on critical strike (which adds CDR) on your 6-link.

Remember this doesn't take into account tailwind and buffs which activate during combat.

So, if you want to acheive the maximum potential dps with such a build, you need two Cospris, around 15aps on your cyclone skill and at least 52% cooldown reduce.

Are you sure that Cooldown reduction affects Cospri?
How important is the Accuracy for this build folks?
"
feelthepain wrote:
How important is the Accuracy for this build folks?

Not a factor at all with blind + effigon. You don't need accuracy.
Does mod 100% reduce reflected elemental damage on the chest makes you immune to reflected damage mod?
"
Shellby666 wrote:
"
Qmabyte wrote:
"
Short explanation: you must get at least 14% cooldown recovery speed and no more than 15 attacks per second for maximum damage

This is misleading.

You must use path of building to check your attack speed. In game tooltips are inaccurate as fuck.

Always check your cyclone attack per second, rest does not matter.

You have 2 tresholds.

One is around 7.5 aps on your cyclone skill.
You need 14% Cooldown reduce.

The second is around 15 aps on your cyclone skill.
You need at least 52% Cooldown reduce in this case, which involves:

-CDR on belt
-CDR on boots
-Awakened cast on critical strike (which adds CDR) on your 6-link.

Remember this doesn't take into account tailwind and buffs which activate during combat.

So, if you want to acheive the maximum potential dps with such a build, you need two Cospris, around 15aps on your cyclone skill and at least 52% cooldown reduce.

It's very simple actually.

Have below 7.4APS on your cyclone skill ?
14% CDR is enough.

Have between 7.5 and 10 APS on your cyclone skill, you need 52%

What's so complicated ?

PS: the second treshold is 10 APS, not 15 as initially described. You copied my post before i had the time to edit it.

Check this video at 5:20 for the calculation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuehdnGunTA
IGN: Cyanyx
Last edited by Qmabyte on Apr 3, 2020, 10:33:36 AM
"

14% CDR is enough.

What's so complicated ?

PS: the second treshold is 10 APS, not 15 as initially described. You copied my post before i had the time to edit it.

15 aps if you have 14% CDR and want to maximize damage from dual wielding cospris , so if you have 52% CDR then its 20 aps
Last edited by yoonkung on Apr 3, 2020, 1:24:02 PM
"
Qmabyte wrote:
"
Shellby666 wrote:

14% CDR is enough.

What's so complicated ?

What? Try to read the question before answering pls.

"Are you sure that Cooldown reduction affects Cospri?"

Because if Cooldown recovery doesn't affect Cospri breakpoint for it will be 6.06 no matter what.

There is no info about it but still all calculations are based on this.
Everyone who plays "ice nova" on the chest has 7.5 aps with 14 cdrs. Why in this build would be 15 aps? I'm asking because I don't really understand.

The explanation of Shellby666 makes sense (tks for your post, man!), but why the difference between constructions?

Now I have 14.93 in the POB. I'm so strong that I don't know if it's right or not. I do the delirium, even on wave 20, very calmly. I will test 7.4 and see if it changes.

OK, already tested. Much much better with 14.93 than 7.45. I just don't know why, because I'm ignorant.

Last edited by LoboBR2017 on Apr 3, 2020, 4:13:54 PM
15 aps is required because cyclone alternates between main hand and off hand, so you need 7.5 aps in the main hand and off hand to trigger both ice nova and frostbolt before each of the skill refreshes its cooldown at 14% cdr.

if you are playing one-handed cospri with a shield, and you have both frostbolt and ice nova socketed in the cospri, then you would only need 7.5 aps because you would be only using your main hand for cyclone

Last edited by woonjiajun88 on Apr 3, 2020, 5:12:19 PM
"
woonjiajun88 wrote:
15 aps is required because cyclone alternates between main hand and off hand, so you need 7.5 aps in the main hand and off hand to trigger both ice nova and frostbolt before each of the skill refreshes its cooldown at 14% cdr.

if you are playing one-handed cospri with a shield, and you have both frostbolt and ice nova socketed in the cospri, then you would only need 7.5 aps because you would be only using your main hand for cyclone

Thank you very much for the explanation!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info