[3.9] Somayd's Blade Vortex Assassin | Map zoomer | All content | Endgame Farmer | Video Guide

Right, all geared up, gems are not all fully leveled yet, but good enough to get a feel for things. Haven't taken all the life that should be taken yet (lvl 92), 5.1k atm (I'm aware that's not a lot). Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm getting chunked by auto attacks. SS is just not cutting it I think, or I'm just poo (been playing for a while now, so I don't think I'm that bad). Anyone mind having a nosey over my gear, maybe you notice something I don't? (profile is open, so have at it with the tree):

PS: not trying to face tank either, but you have to be a bit up close and personal with BV.
I will write something here when I can think of something clever and amusing.
Last edited by PyknoR on Nov 22, 2019, 9:45:43 PM
If you were to league start this how would you do the progression? This build is insane for farming endgame im just unsure how to start or transition. Thanks
Yeah!!! I would like to know too, How to league Start with this Build
Aight imma put some time into league starting strats for this build

Because you are league starting, I will not expect you to get those Devouring Diadam, The badge and the Void Batteries.

So what you can start with are these skills

Storm brand
Orb of storm
Arc
Winter orb (not sure if it is smooth after WO nerf)
Storm brand
Freeze pulse

I would personally choose storm brand to league start, but shadow does not have access to storm brand from Nessa, so you would want to go to Library on act 3 to get the storm brand.

I choose these skills because they are still effective when supported by Herald of Ice and other cold based skills like hypothermia, ice bite etc. You would want to try practice leveling with these skills before actual league start and find the most suitable one for you.

Lightning spire trap is a must for all of these build except freeze pulse for more bossing damage.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Could u start as a ED during league start? and then transition into this build?

No, because ED does not scale crits, when you play ED, most of your tree will be focusing on getting the DoT tree skills and your tree would be very different because you don't take any crit node. Gear wise also different because this BV build does not scale with chaos damage and DoT.

unless you have a bunch of regrets and time, then you can start with. I personally against starting as ED/C
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
What do you think of replacing the gloves with Command of the Pit? Has life and arcane surge on hit which gives us 20% more damage. Thats more than what converting to cold would give i'm fairly sure.
Yes it does increase the damage when you have like really pog abyss jewel (talking like 4 damage T1 added on the abyss jewel). But you loses quite an amount of defenses.

I personally would not use it because too much investment for a little profit, something like that. Original convert cold is way cheaper and more defensive, that's more than enough actually.
In standard they go for about 1 ex... and arcane surge on hit gives 20% more damage, not sure if you missed that part.
No, it is not 20% increase damage, it is arcane surge level 1, which is
10% more spell damage
10% increase cast speed
0.5% of maximum Mana Regenerated per second

and no, I did not missed that part, and I also did said that It does increase your overall damage output but trade off your defenses, and I personally would against this because it is more expensive than a convert gloves and the damage increase is not massive (like increase 500k damage).
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Dec 8, 2019, 10:37:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info