[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

I've been theory crafting a lot and wanted to share my build and my findings.

To preface my findings, I want to say I've been doing a ton of rare T14-T16 maps (I run all mods except -max res) with full sextants + scarab + Alva and this build can still hit end of maps even at 7 delirium stacks so this confirms my build works.

- you can drop the -15 chest for 2x -10 mana lines (one on ring and one on amulet). Cobra lash will have 9 mana cost this way but I haven't felt the 5 extra mana cost increase yet so I think this is acceptable. What you get instead is free dash and whirling blades which feels really good. -15 chests are also very expensive so you save a bunch of money and you can use that money to invest in a way more defensive chest. I'm currently using one with +17% max life. If for what ever reason you do actually run out of mana (no mana regen mod), you can just whirling blades (which is mana free) into some monsters to mana leech.
- Thread of Hope helps you save some passive points (if you need more res to support it, try taking the nodes around Resourcefulness, you use a few points but still end up net positive. You can also take Survivalist for some nice attack dodge.)
- "Damaging Ailments deal damage #% faster" can reduce the ramp up time a lot and synergizes with Noxious Strike really well despite not changing your DPS numbers on PoB
- Touch of Cruelty (cluster jewel notable) is undervalued. If you run Aspect of the Spider, you will have a very reliable way to hinder, giving you free dps. Useful for bosses especially.

This is my planned 92 PoB (planned because I'm currently level 91 and will hit some big breakpoints at 92).
https://pastebin.com/gfd1WwTR

Update: Hit level 92 and ran and completed 3 Simulacrums deathless. One had a Kosis on wave 20, another had 2 bosses on wave 18.
Last edited by idunnololz on Apr 17, 2020, 2:11:25 AM
"
VRCEEEEE wrote:
"
TheAtrocity wrote:
"
VRCEEEEE wrote:

https://pastebin.com/TM3Sf2CH - yes that pob pretty much is identical to mine but my dps is only at 7.7mil. did i buy the wrong claws? when i inputed these claws i bought into ur pob before buying the dps was about the same if not higher. so i just dont know.. sorry. and thanks for the help

Have you enabled the correct config?

yes even if i added -23 chaos res it still only goes up to 9.9 mil

I imported your claws into mine (and vice versa) and notice an over 2mil dps difference on swapping with your gemini claw. My own Imperial claw is pretty bad and I was about to swap it out before I made a new build.

I think you're underestimating how much physical damage is scaled into chaos from CL. We take items that add chaos, but remember that CL is converting 50% of physical to chaos in the first place. We still want some physical damage on the claws so it converts some of it to chaos, which is further scaled up by our tree and items.

I'm not sure why there's such a huge gap in DPS though. I've checked through options (mine actually hits 26mil after 30 poison applications!) and the best I could do after importing some of my items in was ~14mil. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Comparing it to my current build at 47mil dps though, the damage does seem to check out from bossing.
Last edited by TheAtrocity on Apr 16, 2020, 9:12:25 PM
"
idunnololz wrote:
I've been theory crafting a lot and wanted to share my build and my findings.

To preface my findings, I want to say I've been doing a ton of rare T14-T16 maps (I run all mods except -max res) with full sextants + scarab + Alva and this build can still hit end of maps even at 7 delirium stacks so this confirms my build works.

- you can drop the -15 chest for 2x -10 mana lines (one on ring and one on amulet). Cobra lash will have 9 mana cost this way but I haven't felt the 5 extra mana cost increase yet so I think this is acceptable. What you get instead is free dash and whirling blades which feels really good. -15 chests are also very expensive so you save a bunch of money and you can use that money to invest in a way more defensive chest. I'm currently using one with +17% max life. If for what ever reason you do actually run out of mana (no mana regen mod), you can just whirling blades (which is mana free) into some monsters to mana leech.
- Thread of Hope helps you save some passive points (if you need more res to support it, try taking the nodes around Resourcefulness, you use a few points but still end up net positive. You can also take Survivalist for some nice attack dodge.)
- "Damaging Ailments deal damage #% faster" can reduce the ramp up time a lot and synergizes with Noxious Strike really well despite not changing your DPS numbers on PoB
- Touch of Cruelty (cluster jewel notable) is undervalued. If you run Aspect of the Spider, you will have a very reliable way to hinder, giving you free dps. Useful for bosses especially.

This is my planned 92 PoB (planned because I'm currently level 91 and will hit some big breakpoints at 92).
https://pastebin.com/gfd1WwTR

Update: Hit level 92 and ran and completed 3 Simulacrums deathless. One had a Kosis on wave 20, another had 2 bosses on wave 18.

I'm unable to find any type of weapon with added chaos damage on it in the trade website. Am I doing somethign wrong or is that impossible this league?
"
martti96 wrote:

I'm unable to find any type of weapon with added chaos damage on it in the trade website. Am I doing somethign wrong or is that impossible this league?

You'll need to change your search parameter to (pseudo) Adds # to # chaos damage to attacks
I hit the wall HA,Malevolence and Aspect of spider reserve all my mana?
Only have level 3 enlighten..no chance get level 4
Any suggestions?

Fixed there was skillgem which shoudt be in that group
Last edited by Korpivaellus on Apr 24, 2020, 12:14:20 AM
Quick question, how would a Yriel's Fostering do on this build?
It is your own damn fault...
Instead of putting all 4 gems you that recommend on helmet, I put them on Gloves. Reason? I run out of chromatic orb. I thought it would be the same but that's not the case. Immortal Call skill icon is blur and shows: Skill cannot be used. Does Immortall Call gem have to be on helmet? Thank you. I'm newbie.
Last edited by Tarix1302 on Apr 24, 2020, 1:43:34 PM
"
Tarix1302 wrote:
Instead of putting all 4 gems you that recommend on helmet, I put them on Gloves. Reason? I run out of chromatic orb. I thought it would be the same but that's not the case. Immortal Call skill icon is blur and shows: Skill cannot be used. Does Immortall Call gem have to be on helmet? Thank you. I'm newbie.

Hi, it uses CWDT, it gets autocast when you get a certain amount of damage dealt on you.
It is your own damn fault...
How do you feel about using a 6L Cherrubim's Maleficence with max stats for this build until one could craft the chest? My buddy's running this build for his starter and we haven't delved enough to craft most of these items yet, and even though we've got his resistances up the tabby isn't cutting it at level 86+
Last edited by Jake-Bomb on Apr 25, 2020, 10:45:32 PM
It seems that 60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage (Delve Prefix) is now subterranean as I see in poedb.tw. Does that mean it is unavailable now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info