Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Whoa Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remastered at Blizzcon?

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
D2 Remaster will crush PoE lol.

Only if they start releasing new content, which they wont do. There are only so many times you can do the same content over and over. The reason PoE is doing as well as it does, is the constant flow of new content. (im late to the thread and didnt read any of it so maybe someone else already said this :P)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Only if they start releasing new content, which they wont do. There are only so many times you can do the same content over and over. The reason PoE is doing as well as it does, is the constant flow of new content. (im late to the thread and didnt read any of it so maybe someone else already said this :P)

New content is quite the stretch from what the leagues have been offering.

Core PoE is stale as hell, and the game engine age is a glaring issue.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

New content is quite the stretch from what the leagues have been offering.

Core PoE is stale as hell, and the game engine age is a glaring issue.

Every league brings new content, no matter if you like the content or not, its new. And every now and then, you get more content than just the league mechanic. Like, forsaken masters, the atlas, 3.9 has something new too. With Diablo, you don't get anything, nothing at all. It's been the same game since they released LoD, that to me, is what I'd call stale. Not that I hate D2 or anything, I played a shit ton of it, but I'd rather have a stream of new content than getting nothing. D3 has the same issue.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Oh man, now Kotaku is reporting that sources indicate D4 will be a return to a dark and gritty theme. A modern Diablo 2, and away from the cartoonish styles of D3. It will remain classic isometric as well.

My hype for this (and news at Blizzcon) is REAL.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
ya i think blizz has been saying that for a while now actually.

it gets weird tho, their first imagining of d4 as a dark gritty game was that it would be a dark souls kind of game, thats the way they were developing it. they cancelled that version of d4 tho at some point and rebooted development from the ground up.

shows you how far outside of d3 they were looking all the same.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ya i think blizz has been saying that for a while now actually.

it gets weird tho, their first imagining of d4 as a dark gritty game was that it would be a dark souls kind of game, thats the way they were developing it. they cancelled that version of d4 tho at some point and rebooted development from the ground up.

shows you how far outside of d3 they were looking all the same.

Still think that was a bad move. I've wanted that crazy badly since I was a little kid playing the original one. Nioh was the only game to do that yet, and it will always stay my favorite game ever until some company does it better.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

ahh yes, that amazing endgame content, i mean whats more entertaining than running baal over and over and over again? your rosetinted glasses must be awesome :)
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Wonder what it will cost?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Not all that excited about D2 remaster.

Took a nostalgia run on D2 a year ago and... I'll probably pass on the remaster, unless I can get a discount for having an existing CD key. Even then, will not be in my top 5 games of choice any time soon.

I really hope they do a smashing jobn with D4 though.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
I find this latest piece of information, supposedly ''leak'' interesting, from the D3 forums:

"
This was posted on Reddit by a user with such a sterling track record for leaks that people suspect he may be hired by companies for marketing purposes. So, not confirmed, but very interesting.

"
Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bull**** this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it. They are also seemingly much bigger, maybe even open? Characters now are able to ride horses (possibly other mounts), also there’s contextual interaction with environment ? - climbing a wall Lost Ark style. Blood splatters look more like blood and not splashed jam too.

So far i can confirm 3 classes: mage (uses fire, ice and lightning so far), barbarian (swords, clubs, axes, kicks etc), and druid (lightning, wind, and transforming into beasts - so far bear and werewolf!).

Possibly there will be PvP from the start?.
4 player coop is there for sure.

All this game seems to be is a W I N K to the Diablo 2 fans, Lilith being the new diablo (she’s covered in blood veil kinda), characters being shown sitting at a campfire as character selection, nitty gritty dark style that 2 was praised for, some skills also seem to be just taken from it and put in here (like sorceress’ charged bolt). I’m interested and hope they don’t **** this up. The company is bad, but the game might not be this time.

Hmm my thoughts: mounts(!)???? Implies a huge open world, like the ancient arpg ''Sacred''? Could be interesting if done properly although lots of travel is boring in this sort of game, this info ties in with previous information regarding D4 having ''lite-mmo'' characteristics.

Given they put their most senior PvP designer in team 3(Diablo) it seems likely the game will have PvP focus from the get go, as a ''lite-mmo'' the game will for sure have a strong focus on the player driven economy, trade, possibly a new less intrusive Auction house system?

Werewolf druid, hell yes!
Last edited by wierdzodi on Oct 31, 2019, 7:29:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info