[3.10] Elementalist Storm Brand bomber-Heralds Just Got Better!!!

"
sklipnoty wrote:
This build seems very weird to me. Either that or I am doing something wrong.

Could someone please clarify to reason to go hybrid? Doesn't it split-up like the huge life regens buffs over 2 pools? Of which we now only buff 1 pool? Without going CI this seems pretty useless? I guess I am asking why didn't we go full life on this build? And stack some extra life regen? Why at all bother with ES?

Also no Circle of Regret or Circle of Fear?

I would suggest the following changes; (which I will try when I get the currency.)

Dual circle of regret.
Inpulsa (because it's still OP)
Keep primordial chain, but swap to dual void batteries or good rares.

To answer your concerns:

1. Not sure what you mean by regen being splited up. With Zeolot's Oath it all goes to ES.
2. If going pure life, you will be maxed out at around 5-5.5K. Significantly less tanky than 7.5-8.5 eHP, and there is not a good way to get life leech for this build, which is crucial when your golems die to bosses. Energy leech is easy.
3. Dual circle of regret: the good ones aren't accessible early in the league or later to lots of players, and it makes balancing resist/dex a lot more difficult and has less life/ES. The DPS boost you get from them isn't that phenomenal either. Nonetheless, they are viable options.
4. Inpulsa: much lower survivability and much more expensive (if 6-linked) for better map clear, which isn't a problem for this build anyways. I created this build so that people with moderate savings (5-6 ex) can try it.
5. Primordial chain: it is optional. The golems die much more often with it and it is low qoL. You can go dual rare wands, but your heralds will have less damage.

Those being said, I wish you good luck in making the life-based variant and I hope it works better than mine!
Last edited by wodeljn on Dec 27, 2019, 2:31:05 PM
Can the build endgame content? Even just t15? I'm basically on the 3.8 build and out of nowhere get randomly popped at t12. Granted I can still get a bit tankier i was just concerned about staying with this build. I love it but ive never been able to farm super high maps and if the survivability isn't there id rather switch.
Last edited by Gardneramw on Dec 27, 2019, 11:06:53 PM
"
Can the build endgame content? Even just t15? I'm basically on the 3.8 build and out of nowhere get randomly popped at t12. Granted I can still get a bit tankier i was just concerned about staying with this build. I love it but ive never been able to farm super high maps and if the survivability isn't there id rather switch.

I can farm Tier 12's without batting an eye. Tier 15 and 16s I have to watch what I'm doing due to mods, High monster HP, and how deadly getting stunned becomes. Your gear, for the most part, is not very good. I'm not terribly surprised that you're having a tough time at T12.

I'm almost to the point where I think only CI builds may be viable for end-game content in this league, but the ceiling is much higher than what you've scratched so far.

At the very least, this is one of the easiest T12-T14 farmers I've ever ran as a starter build.
what mods in helmet is the most essential ? can i just get socketed spells have crit chance then defensive mods ?
So far this build has been working fine for me. Farming red maps is pretty much a walk in the park except for metamorphs. I'm not really familiar with the legion jewels so I have few questions regarding the militant faith jewel.

1. how does it work?
2. where should I socket it? I've seen people socketing it in different places using this build.
3. all the jewels in the market seem to have different stuff on them so should I look for right stats using divine orbs?
"
VariableGLHF wrote:
"

I can farm Tier 12's without batting an eye. Tier 15 and 16s I have to watch what I'm doing due to mods, High monster HP, and how deadly getting stunned becomes. Your gear, for the most part, is not very good. I'm not terribly surprised that you're having a tough time at T12.

I'm almost to the point where I think only CI builds may be viable for end-game content in this league, but the ceiling is much higher than what you've scratched so far.

At the very least, this is one of the easiest T12-T14 farmers I've ever ran as a starter build.

I have a 5-6k Life build and I can farm T16 with ease. (Spider build). Sirus is another question. That fight simply has bugs that need to be fixed, aside from the mechanics. (especially if playing with multiple people; eg domes blocking entrance, ...)

To give feedback to this build, it's quite simple either you go full life and inpulsa and just zoom zoom everything. Using Energy shield as a primary damage negatation tactic (with leech) 1k should be fine. (Drop ZO in case of Life)

We have plenty of regen using simply the stone golem. In either case you need to increase base dps which means reduced herald reservation circle of regret and using wrath aswell.

Other option is using Shavronne wrapping and going hybrid. (and thus negating chaos that way.)

In either case I would add;
- get chaos res as high as possible
- add inspired learning because otherwise it's slow
- reduced herald of thunder reservation + wrath (possibly dropping disci)
- no chayula needed

I need to do further experiments before suggesting tree changes.

Given what I just said, using the PoB Fork I am at 1.2 mill storm brand dps (without any weird extra damage shannanings's) - with 3.8k and 3k shield

This would totally negate the autobombing, since I screw up that link ICS and ACD has to be dropped. :(

But we can run disci / wrath / hoi / hot.

If you add a helmet with reduced mana than you can even get a support helmet (innervate) (very expensive at this point)

"
Youtheree wrote:
So far this build has been working fine for me. Farming red maps is pretty much a walk in the park except for metamorphs. I'm not really familiar with the legion jewels so I have few questions regarding the militant faith jewel.

1. how does it work?
2. where should I socket it? I've seen people socketing it in different places using this build.
3. all the jewels in the market seem to have different stuff on them so should I look for right stats using divine orbs?

Specifically for this build:
1. Get militant faith jewel with the modifier "converted by Templar Dominus". The other mods are just a bonus that don't really matter. You can either buy it or divine it. I would buy it.
2. Socket it near Pain Attunement.
3. This will transform pain attunement into Inner Conviction, which is what we want and you get 18% more spell damage:)
"
VariableGLHF wrote:
"

yeah im aware my gear is garbage at the moment. I have the most currency ive ever had and have been neglecting to make the swap to the 3.9 gear
Checking in to give my experiences:

- Build is a ton of fun up to low-tier reds, but as others have noted, things can get a little dicey t15+ which isn’t great if you’re focused on the new atlas progression
- This build wrecks blighted maps, and I’ve been having a blast chain farming t14/15 blighteds til I can figure out what build I wanna do next
- This may not be correct, but I dropped Ice golem from the build completely so that I could link my remaining golems with life AND meat shield. Keeping them close by with meat shield is a whole extra layer of defense and I’ve noticed them dying way less (but it does still happen)
- I got a great deal on the chest I’m wearing which gives storm brand almost a pseudo 8L, but I’m a little worried I’ve given up too much ES to have these other sexy affixes. Idk though
- I haven’t bothered to get an innervate/spell crit helm yet because my heralds are still bombing pretty damn well. Maybe I’ll try and work one in tomorrow though
- My main focus now is boosting chaos res. I’m thinking either a new crystal belt or Stygian would work well, but I’m still shopping. Could stand to upgrade the helm too
- I haven’t gotten the timeless jewel yet either - does it boost survivability at all? I don’t think I really need more damage at this point lol
- Cinderswallow is the MVP for pack clearing. It basically makes me immortal as long as stuff is dying. Just a shame there isn’t some way to carry that over to all bosses
- Would swapping to void batteries help survivability on bosses? We’d lose a pretty sizable chunk of damage I reckon, but maybe it can be given up
- Similar to above, would an ES on hit watcher’s eye be good? These are expensive, but if it’s the key to better boss survivability, I’ll fork it over

I’m open to any suggestions on my build/gear as well. I’d really like to get beefier so I can venture further into the atlas without dying every couple maps
Last edited by weedGOKU666 on Dec 29, 2019, 1:46:26 AM
"
weedGOKU666 wrote:

- This may not be correct, but I dropped Ice golem from the build completely so that I could link my remaining golems with life AND meat shield. Keeping them close by with meat shield is a whole extra layer of defense and I’ve noticed them dying way less (but it does still happen)

Meat Shield support is a solid idea, I'll have to give that a try.

For what it's worth I've considered dropping a golem too but for me the obvious choice is Lightning Golem, since I never really feel the need for the increased cast speed. I'd much rather keep Ice Golem for the increased crit chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info