[3.10] Elementalist Storm Brand bomber-Heralds Just Got Better!!!

"
dreathean wrote:
@wodeljn I'm interested in your thoughts particularly on swapping primordial chain for presence of chayula? Golems do seem to be dying pretty frequently for me with the chain. Obviously the main concern would be with losing a good chunk of the life (es) regen and damage reduction from the golems.

I still have a lot of room for upgrades elsewhere that I need to focus on first, but definitely curious to see where this can go.

I recommand drop the chain and get chayula. That way the golems rarely die when mapping/delving. However, in Sirus fight, they are gonna die no matter what. For that fight, drop Shimmerons and get good rare wand like this one:

Only 10% less DPS than Shim, and dont have to worry about degen.
"
dreathean wrote:
@wodeljn I'm interested in your thoughts particularly on swapping primordial chain for presence of chayula? Golems do seem to be dying pretty frequently for me with the chain. Obviously the main concern would be with losing a good chunk of the life (es) regen and damage reduction from the golems.

I still have a lot of room for upgrades elsewhere that I need to focus on first, but definitely curious to see where this can go.

Yes do that. Also just use 1 shim not 2 for mapping, otherwise the degen is too great. For Sirus do not use Shim.
Last edited by wodeljn on Dec 23, 2019, 11:13:09 AM
Doing this build on a standard character, things going pretty well with a 6-linked inpulsa (will switch when i get a nice vaal regalia).

Just one problem that no one seems to have - i find myself casting storm brand at pretty much every batch of mob as the brands keep disappearing. Am i missing somthing?
"
yan623 wrote:
Doing this build on a standard character, things going pretty well with a 6-linked inpulsa (will switch when i get a nice vaal regalia).

Just one problem that no one seems to have - i find myself casting storm brand at pretty much every batch of mob as the brands keep disappearing. Am i missing somthing?

Did you use brand recall? It will bring the brands to you and activate them right away, while you are moving.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm loving the build.

My question now is I seem to lose all of my ES to a slam, and then have no way of quickly gaining it back (Vaal Discipline takes 3-4 seconds to refill, and the regen isn't enough)

How can I fix this?
"
nova_a wrote:
As I mentioned earlier, I'm loving the build.

My question now is I seem to lose all of my ES to a slam, and then have no way of quickly gaining it back (Vaal Discipline takes 3-4 seconds to refill, and the regen isn't enough)

How can I fix this?

For mapping, cinderswallow urn is a god for instant recovery of everything. For endgame bosses, you can try dropping 1 shimmeron, or just get faster recharge rate on gear/tree.
"
wodeljn wrote:
"
dreathean wrote:

Yes do that. Also just use 1 shim not 2 for mapping, otherwise the degen is too great. For Sirus do not use Shim.

Maybe my situation is different, but I was still able to comfortably run 2 shims without altering the tree (should prob have lvl 18+ golems) unless it is a reduced regen map.
Last edited by Kixxe on Dec 23, 2019, 8:06:55 PM
Finally got around to making a clip of the build so far. Not quite at full potential yet-- I've clipped 2 life nodes, and am lacking the damage pen wheel (Divine Judgement) in favor of pathing to Unnatural Calm (30% increased ES & +1 Max Lighting Resist) and I spent two points to move into Resourcefulness (+10% ES, +5% Life, +4 All resist, +.5% ES regen) in an effort to improve overall ES regen as much as possible. Also, I've essentially given up on needing to run the Watcher's Eye listed in the build guide as my AssMark ring, in my opinion, makes ES on hit a bit superfluous. I've used those 2 pts to invest down into Sanctity for a net total of +5% Life +10% ES and +1% ES Regen. If I had a chest piece the had "10% life as ES", I would obviously make different decisions than those, but so far I feel fairly solid at 3521/3248. I can contort my tree into a way to get myself as much as 3700/3200 but for now, I'm sacrificing a bit of total EHP for much more damage; I am roughly at 1.4m and I'm still lacking 4 points of damage investment.

Spoiler
Please note that for the time being, I've placed my Timeless Jewel in the improper spot in order to get +36% More Spell Damage near Minion Instability by also transforming Avatar of Fire.

Update: when I wrote the previous text I didn't know you could transform a notable only once. Lol, I didn't play Legion league at all so forgive me for misleading anyone into thinking that's how it worked. I have made changes to the tree to reflect this. POB Dps is still in the 1.4m range.

Spoiler
In two levels, I will move it back to down towards Pain Attunement like OP recommended. The extra damage is nice, but I don't really have anything else to spend 1 extra skill point on right now, so extra damage it is.

Ignore the previous hidden text. Didn't understand fully how Timeless jewels work.
UPDATE: Got a new chest.

EHP is now 7.3k (3400/3900)

Here's the clip:

https://youtu.be/x3ouXd9XaPI

Will probably make some more when I'm min/maxed a bit more.

Cheers.
Last edited by VariableGLHF on Dec 27, 2019, 12:01:38 PM
Is it possible to post a CI version of the build pls ?
how you have 5 storm brand stack

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info