More defenses in DualWielding

yeah block is a layer. block is something that takes a character who has a solid core of life pool + damage reduction and makes it ridiculously op. Its not a 1 stop shop for your characters defenses.

avoidance in general is like a force multiplier, you feed in a baseline and it amplifies it, if you are not feeding anything worth while into the sum you wont be likely to get anything worth while out.
"
smtad wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Did you even play gladiator? I have a toon on hc facetanked literally everything including guardians

Got one-shot many times with 83% attack/spell block gladiator. Can gladiator facetank anything? The answer is NO.

You can't even facetank trash mobs. Because some mobs' corpse detonation can't be blocked. You probably be killed in 0.1 sec if you just stand on a pack of corpses and some mobs' detonate them.

You can't rely on 1 type of layer defence.
This is what I have:
-max block
-jade+stibnite is basically immortality to all trash mobs and most bosses that do phys attack they just simply will miss 95% of the time.
-lion's roar's knockback
-basalt flask
-null and void immunity to phys dmg on rampage - works like immortal call
-reduction to phys/ele dmg on skill tree
-perma fortify and fortify effect
-high hp pool
-molten shell+cwdt
-reduction from infused channel
-reduction from flesh and stone
-+1% to all max res on tree
-10% phys dmg taken as ele on helm

with all this mobs and bosses literally can't do shit to me on a T16 map. I need to do something absolutely retarded to die like facetank every single volatile or all bearers.

I'm not showing off or anything but it just frustrates me how people don't know how to use defence layers properly and ask devs to buff this, buff that. How much of a walking simulator do you need to make this game easy enough for you?
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
I'm not showing off or anything but it just frustrates me how people don't know how to use defence layers properly and ask devs to buff this, buff that. How much of a walking simulator do you need to make this game easy enough for you?

QFT.

And even if you have ridiculous defenses, some things can still kill you.

I remember about a year ago, a level 96 Trickster wearing lightning coil, acro+phase acro, high evasion, some ES, MoM ( total 7~8k+ buffer maybe, not sure ), a bit of armour + stibnite + jade + quartz + aquamarine flasks ....

got sent to standard by an essence mob that proced everything on my face at the same time in a corrupted t12, it could a split second and it was all over.
I guess I got 'too comfortable' with the character and did not bother taking some distances, as I did not think it could possibly happen in this situation, well ...
( CwdT setup too of course )

So ... with 80% block and nothing else to stand behind it ? Well yeah you're going to die, no shit ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:

And even if you have ridiculous defenses, some things can still kill you.

Sure, there are random oneshots out there, I'm pretty sure if I played that toon up to a 100 I could maybe die from a oneshot one day. I just got too bored trying to find something that could kill me so I quit playing that character.

Last edited by Dr1MaR on Nov 11, 2019, 1:41:41 AM
"
Dr1MaR wrote:

Sure, there are random oneshots out there, I'm pretty sure if I played that toon up to a 100 I could maybe die from a oneshot one day. I just got too bored trying to find something that could kill me so I quit playing that character.

I can confirm. I was playing my Ranger Dwellve to lvl 100 today and on my way happend a lot of strange things among the strangest was a Bone Rhoa that popped up infront of me out of nowhere no other enemies nearby. The map had crit and damage mods and one of them was poison on hit.

So my build got 95% chance to evade and 75% chance to block the Rhoha somehow managed to hit (or crit?) for 5k and the poison destroyed the rest of my remaining 5k life. Since then i only roll with Soul of Shakari and skipped Soul of Garukhan.
Last edited by zzang on Nov 11, 2019, 2:18:16 PM
Are You sure You had 95% to evade every think on that map ;) ? Do You know entropy ?
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
I'm still in favor of bulit-in some percentage of defences to dual wielding base attributes.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info