More defenses in DualWielding

Little left is DualWielding and his defenses. He should should have besides base block chance of 15% as added, some base defenses of Evasion Base, Energy Shield or Armor. It is hard to indicate what type of defenses he should have, but It could be depends on base attributes or some precentage his defences as flat defense, base defense added, for example 1% of defenses added as flat defense.
The same should be with passive nodes to dualwielding there should be also some defense increasing except only block chance added.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Oct 19, 2019, 10:09:29 AM
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2020, 7:58:07 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I disagree, as dual-wielding is in the best place compared to other melee gearing options. Its natural dps boosts make it more powerful than 2h, except in the cases where you’d want a second 6L skill.

The defense from shields is nice but given that all PoE is these days is stacking speed and dps shields are usually only preferable if a. you’re not melee, or b. there’s a specific unique or shaper/elder mechanic you need to make use of.

What I’d like to see is natural buffs added to the two other gearing options. Maybe “global defenses” for 2h and “melee damage” for 1h and shield. Or switch those ideas so 2h is full offense and shield is full defense.

Or, even better, buff melee.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Nevertheless lacks here more defenses in dual wielding. In passive tree is only add x chance to block attack damage.
"
koszmarnica wrote:
Nevertheless lacks here more defenses in dual wielding. In passive tree is only add x chance to block attack damage.

Dual wielding is about offense, not defense.

If anything lacks defense, it's 2H, not DW, and it's also about offense but in a worse state.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Maybe there is no lack of defense, as I check more passive tree.
lmao what even is this thread?

If anything, DW has FAR TOO MUCH defenses, considering how far above and beyond all other melee gearing options it is in terms of damage output.
DW is the best melee by far.
If anything should go up its the one hand and shield.
Thats why i quit the game half year ago.
One hand and Shield cant never reach the potential of DW, even if you invest like 100 time more.
DW have way better passive, and lets be real here, the game is all about clear speed, and DW > one hand+shield by far.
75% block chance is good, but you still going to die by one shooting mechanics this game have, so the difference between 30% and 75% its not that big, if we compare dw to one hand and shield.

I see plenty of so call "AFK" shields build, which you can do on paper and on some recording on a map with easy mods and by regular mobs, but go on and afk t16 boss or sick mods.

And in reality you will goes through monsters at maps in a no time, so blocking most of the thing its usless compare to kill before they even touch you, which this game is all about.

With DW you will get insane DMG and solid layers of defence with not much currency spend.
With one hand and a shield you need a lot of currency for your build to actually work, not only on paper, you will have great defence, but your offense is going to lack big time compare to DW and you will die more often, because of that.

Maybe the block chance is enough. However, no shield should be compensated. Most of you who reply are Standard players. Proves this the answer:
"
lordlosh wrote:
75% block chance is good, but you still going to die by one shooting mechanics this game have...

And your builds are so-called "glass cannon". Path of Exile is not and never was game with one shot mechanic. I play only HC from the beginning and I have never died that way. I often play by mobile internet with 80-110 ping !, and I have never died with one hit ! Delays on such internet are enormous and, if anything, the most deadly are damage over time. For example, in Delve, when there is lag and suddenly you appear far from the cart, you throw the flare, you go forward and the game again back you to the darkness but with big stack of darkness and so on again, few such backs in a few seconds and you will die. That's why when I play via mobile wifi I don't go to Delve.
I noticed or think dual wielding should have some re-compensate of other defenses I think.
Last edited by koszmarnica on Nov 7, 2019, 4:37:20 PM
"
koszmarnica wrote:
More defenses in DualWielding

Oh wow great suggestion. Also we need more life on damage passives - to, you know, allow us to not pick up any life nodes and allocate only damage.

edit:
Oh shit, baited by troll.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Nov 7, 2019, 8:33:24 PM
"
koszmarnica wrote:
Most of you who reply are Standard players.

?

Out of all the posters in this thread, apart from you + another one who have an empty profile ( so much for bragging about HC, *sigh* ), literally everybody else has completed challenges in Blight league, and there are public profiles with HC achievements on top of that.

No, DW does not need buffs.
Yes, this game is now about killing most things in the screen before they can reach you.

I guess you probably are one of those HC players never running hard content in HC, that would make a lot of sense.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info