More defenses in DualWielding

+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
koszmarnica wrote:
Maybe the block chance is enough. However, no shield should be compensated. Most of you who reply are Standard players. Proves this the answer:
"
lordlosh wrote:
75% block chance is good, but you still going to die by one shooting mechanics this game have...

And your builds are so-called "glass cannon". Path of Exile is not and never was game with one shot mechanic. I play only HC from the beginning and I have never died that way. I often play by mobile internet with 80-110 ping !, and I have never died with one hit ! Delays on such internet are enormous and, if anything, the most deadly are damage over time. For example, in Delve, when there is lag and suddenly you appear far from the cart, you throw the flare, you go forward and the game again back you to the darkness but with big stack of darkness and so on again, few such backs in a few seconds and you will die. That's why when I play via mobile wifi I don't go to Delve.
I noticed or think dual wielding should have some re-compensate of other defenses I think.

With all due respect this post is complete b.s.
You either play low level white maps or not doing end game content.
Or just begging for dual wielding to get buffed again.
And POE does have one shot mechanics. And the so call "glass cannon" build is a b.s. I never play character with less than 6-7k. life

And one hand + shield in terms of damage are lacking and falling behind dual wield and even two handers.
I`m talking straight about melee one hand + shield.
That`s why most famous POE Builds, that do league starters build never ever have made/build one hand + shield Gladiator for example. Simply because the game is all about killing before you get killed. Simply because one hand + shield to be really viable you need to spend atleast 4-5x time more to make it viable, and still will be lacking.

Melee in this game was always behind ranged/spellcasters for example, but dual wielding was always the easiest and the cheapest and the best and this is by far at least for the last few years.

this thread is like saying Ranged is the weakest archetype in poe. MAke sense? no.

This thread does not make sense.
Forum pvp
You make me laugh when read you. Ok one by one. lordlosh suddenly hid his characters as soon as I mentioned that most of you are Stadard players.
Of course, it is terribly produced here and tries to prove that it knows something, but it does not work well.
And this time he proves that he knows nothing by writing:
"
lordlosh wrote:
I never play character with less than 6-7k. Life

Next:
"
lordlosh wrote:
And one hand + shield in terms of damage are lacking and falling behind dual wield and even two handers.

Discussion here is not about offensive but raises the problem of dual wielding defenses. Omissions in passive nodes, lack of other defense mechanisms in addition to the blocks that occur, the rest is omitted, take it boy, or just play HC you will understand.
"
Fruz wrote:
literally everybody else has completed challenges in Blight league, and there are public profiles with HC achievements on top of that.

I didn't notice it and lordlosh hid his profile suddenly.
You have but so what ? If you were so smart, you would notice the nonsense about which lordlosh writes and he writes evidently not about topic but only about the atomic hit, which is only safe in the standard and so, you are not as smart as you think.
To sum up, GGG doesn't respond to many similar voices because it doesn't make sense and very well. They read everything for sure, but they don't get into pointless discussion. If they did what you think it would be a great tragedy. First of all, there are many enemies paid for by competitors in this forum and elsewhere. I know something about it because I have several wikipedia editions about games and there is a hermetic Diablo lobby. I do not want to point my finger, but there are also such people on the forum here.
GGG is a great team and I am full of admiration for them and for they resistant to provocations. Keep up forward and I wish strength.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Nov 8, 2019, 4:50:35 PM
"
koszmarnica wrote:
Discussion here is not about offensive but raises the problem of dual wielding defenses. Omissions in passive nodes, lack of other defense mechanisms in addition to the blocks that occur, the rest is omitted, take it boy, or just play HC you will understand.

You can't pretend the two aren't related or relevant, though. DW has worse defenses than 1h+Shield because it has far more damage output.

It's very explicitly NOT THE OPTION YOU CHOOSE to play tanky melee, so saying it needs more defenses is just showing that you missed the point of the archetype completely.
Your problem is You read not carefully enough. I don't question offensive archetype DW, it is common known and inbuilt specifications shows that, 20% to physical damage, 10% attack speed and 15% to block chance, and more from equipped weapon for example from daggers doubled global critical chance, etc.
Taa taa Not-a-Cockroach...
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Nov 8, 2019, 5:16:59 PM
Did you even play gladiator? I have a toon on hc facetanked literally everything including guardians
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Did you even play gladiator? I have a toon on hc facetanked literally everything including guardians

Got one-shot many times with 83% attack/spell block gladiator. Can gladiator facetank anything? The answer is NO.

You can't even facetank trash mobs. Because some mobs' corpse detonation can't be blocked. You probably be killed in 0.1 sec if you just stand on a pack of corpses and some mobs' detonate them.
Last edited by smtad on Nov 9, 2019, 9:30:34 AM
If anything DW defenses should be nerfed. No more block chance while dual-wielding!
koszmarnica,firstly you are the guy who hide his characters, not me.
This is not my main account, cause i stop playing the game after the Delve expansion and i gave my acc.
I played the game from the begining, and has taken a big breaks from the game.
I made this acc mainly to see what 4.0 will have to offer so i can consider coming back or permanently stay away from the game.

And just from time to time checking the forum sections and typing, but i couldn't miss your ignorant post and the OP ones, that not only make zero sense, but you cant put a zero arguments in there.
I`m still waiting to see one hand + shield melee build from POE BUILDS.
They doesn`t make one, because will su**** and you can`t make a solid one with budget on mind, and their builds are budget ones.
But in every league they release at least 2x builds, which are dual wielding, which tells you the whole story.

Let me repeat it again, because you obviously not get it:

The game is all about kill before you get kill.
Such immortal builds doesn`t exist, if you really play hard end game contents. Of course some will be more fragile. But i would not even talk about build, that has less than 5k hp.

I have very solid Double Strike Gladiator with one hand and shield, and i probably invested 200+ exalted in him, and i could easily outplay him with less than 10 exalted Ranger or Dual Wield builds.
Dual Wield is just superior, and just like the last post if anything, his defense should be nerfed.

With Dual Wield you get the better passive tree, you get tons more damage, and your defence is solid.

While with One Hand and a Shield you will get worst passives, your going to waste a lot of passive for block chance, armor in this game is almost useless, and top shield will give you probably 1,5k armor more, which is nothing. Just because you get sh**** passive and you have shield in your offhand, your damage will lack heavily compare to Dual Wield, and this game is all about kill before get kill, so you will probably die more often, compare to speeder build in the face of the Dual Wield, no matter how much you buff your hp/armor/block chance, simply because you will be a lot slower in killing mobs/bosses.

The main problem for the game is its mechanics and the power level.
The character to go is the speedy one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info