It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

"
"
Telzen wrote:
Its not basic though. Its asking them to double the amount of character models and character voice work. This isn't a game like Grim Dawn that has just one male and one female model and a silent protagonist. It is actually a lot of work for something you won't even be able to notice and most people don't care about.

That is another topic that has been quite popular here on the forums and reddit as well that you cant see a damned thing anymore this includes all those fancy MTX people have which is how GGG makes their money, I can rarely see my raven demon wings unless everything is dead around me.

So one could argue that all MTX fall under that "wont even be able to notice" category unfortunately D:

As to "most people don't care about" comment well that's simply not true if you take the actual constructive comments in this thread and weigh those for and against side by side then i can simply not agree with that statement that most people don't care.. Do they or even i think it is critical or more important than many issues this game is facing? hell no would be my answer!

And on another note while later in the game you truly cannot most of the time make out much of anything related to your character the early to mid game is certainly NOT this way and by GGG's own metrics a large amount of people don't make it past that point.
And why would they waste a ton of money for the people who don't even make it past the early game? No matter how you try to spin it this isn't an issue for the majority of people.
I support this suggestion.
"
Telzen wrote:
And why would they waste a ton of money for the people who don't even make it past the early game? No matter how you try to spin it this isn't an issue for the majority of people.

A larger majority of the constructive posts in this thread are for this idea, shit someone even posted after you that they support it, Its frustrating when people speak as if they speak for everyone else, If you don't think it should be added or simply don't want them to add it you can certainly just say that straight up without all of that.

If you want to see a waste of money how about that new campaign for 4.0 that further divides an already split and declining player base, yeah im so hyped for that WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (no im not hyped for it) new engine is neat but it wont solve all the problems.
Innocence forgives you
It would be good to unbind class from character. Just allow choosing any starting point and make available classes depend on the chosen starting point (once you invest the first point other starting points are no longer available unless you refund all allocated points).
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Oblitus wrote:
It would be good to unbind class from character. Just allow choosing any starting point and make available classes depend on the chosen starting point (once you invest the first point other starting points are no longer available unless you refund all allocated points).

I'm not sure about the above concept there as the skill tree still maintains some delicate balance between each class and i do enjoy that however much i might also enjoy the added build potential things like the scion would need to be reworked a lot to make sense after such changes.

back on the topic of selecting your sex though the suggestion to just unlock all the characters like you said has been mentioned before and at the basest level if we are never going to get alternate sex options for the base characters i'd say well... F it go for it.
Innocence forgives you
"
"
Telzen wrote:

A larger majority of the constructive posts in this thread are for this idea, shit someone even posted after you that they support it, Its frustrating when people speak as if they speak for everyone else, If you don't think it should be added or simply don't want them to add it you can certainly just say that straight up without all of that.

If you want to see a waste of money how about that new campaign for 4.0 that further divides an already split and declining player base, yeah im so hyped for that WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (no im not hyped for it) new engine is neat but it wont solve all the problems.
Most of the player base doesn't come here. And most people who don't care about being able to select gender aren't going to read this thread. Plus would they still support it if they knew it would take away from GGG adding something else with that time instead? If this was really something people cared about it would be talked about all the time instead of like 1 thread every 6 months or so.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
"
Telzen wrote:

Most of the player base doesn't come here. And most people who don't care about being able to select gender aren't going to read this thread. Plus would they still support it if they knew it would take away from GGG adding something else with that time instead? If this was really something people cared about it would be talked about all the time instead of like 1 thread every 6 months or so.

There are like literally hundreds of threads on this consistently posted over many years and even chris was asked at exilecon about it, A lot more people care about this sort of thing than will be willing to vocalize it for a large variety of reasons and in a game that is so heavily built around choice this element i find to be particularly important.. Just not as important as many posts in this thread are implying i am.

If i could choose right now for them to add this over tuning blight or maybe working on bringing synthesis back in more of its original form or balancing out some of the power creep or dozens/hundreds of other things i would likely say no, do this later or work on this over time do not make it a priority.

So i do think its important but not more important than a great deal of things.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Dec 8, 2019, 9:55:38 PM
Hello,

I would appreciate, as a woman playing POE, to have all classes available to be available in both male and female characters.

Thank you
"
Missruby57 wrote:
Hello,

I would appreciate, as a woman playing POE, to have all classes available to be available in both male and female characters.

Thank you

Thank You for your contribution to the topic!
Innocence forgives you
I support this, even D3 has genders...

Also the global naming of characters should be changed in favor of a "battle tag" system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info