It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

How is this thread still going when they confirmed that they intend to add gender swaps as MTX in 4.0?

You can think this is the good middle ground, or you can not care, or you can be furious that you're being forced to Play a Role in an RPG unless you give TenCent more money... but given that WE ALREADY HAVE THE ANSWER it seems kind of silly to keep asking the question.
Last edited by ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate on Nov 30, 2019, 8:59:24 PM
"
How is this thread still going when they confirmed that they intend to add gender swaps as MTX in 4.0?

You can think this is the good middle ground, or you can not care, or you can be furious that you're being forced to Play a Role in an RPG unless you give TenCent more money... but given that WE ALREADY HAVE THE ANSWER it seems kind of silly to keep asking the question.

Chris talked about it probably being an MTX if they added it.. can you link documentation/video of him actually confirming it will be mtx in 4.0?

To clarify here I'm ok if they never add it, I'm not ok if they try to sell the base option.. I would love to throw some money at GGG for a skeleton character model or something like that.

I would not spend any more money on this game if they make people pay for the base option of selecting your sex.. I will probably keep playing but my wallet will be permanently closed as will my guild no longer accept donations of points ever again.
Innocence forgives you
"

To clarify here I'm ok if they never add it, I'm not ok if they try to sell the base option.. I would love to throw some money at GGG for a skeleton character model or something like that.

I would not spend any more money on this game if they make people pay for the base option of selecting your sex.. I will probably keep playing but my wallet will be permanently closed as will my guild no longer accept donations of points ever again.

I'm having a hard time understanding where you're coming from here. Why would not adding your request be better than having it as an MTX?

Anyway, I like the idea overall and hope this does get added as part of the base game if it was included with some kind of rework that let me actually know they're different. I feel like I would have no clue that they're different after act 1 if the skill tree is the same. I would be happy to get double the characters to chose from even if they're only superficially distinct. I would probably be willing to pay $0 for the extra character models but would strongly consider buying gendered armour skins.
Last edited by DurianMcgregor on Dec 1, 2019, 11:24:00 PM
"
"

I'm having a hard time understanding where you're coming from here. Why would not adding your request be better than having it as an MTX?

Anyway, I like the idea overall and hope this does get added as part of the base game if it was included with some kind of rework that let me actually know they're different. I feel like I would have no clue that they're different after act 1 if the skill tree is the same. I would be happy to get double the characters to chose from even if they're only superficially distinct. I would probably be willing to pay $0 for the extra character models but would strongly consider buying gendered armour skins.

Well it just feels cheap to me to add an option that pretty much every single multiplayer rpg has as a basic option especially in a game that is quite literally an RPG sandbox at its core, Immersion in a sandbox can be difficult to sustain sometimes and anything that might serve to strengthen that immersion to me is important.

This is why i support this game over Diablo 3 or The Elder Scrolls Online as GGG does not paywall classes or any truly important functions, Some could say the premium tabs are a gated function but GGG does not ban third party trade tools enabling people though at their own risk to engage with the trade API.

Innocence forgives you
"

+1 to this.

I'm ready to pay for some cool visual MTX or for some guild life improvments, but not for something such basic.
"
"

+1 to this.

I'm ready to pay for some cool visual MTX or for some guild life improvments, but not for something such basic.
Its not basic though. Its asking them to double the amount of character models and character voice work. This isn't a game like Grim Dawn that has just one male and one female model and a silent protagonist. It is actually a lot of work for something you won't even be able to notice and most people don't care about.
"
Telzen wrote:
Its not basic though. Its asking them to double the amount of character models and character voice work. This isn't a game like Grim Dawn that has just one male and one female model and a silent protagonist. It is actually a lot of work for something you won't even be able to notice and most people don't care about.

That is another topic that has been quite popular here on the forums and reddit as well that you cant see a damned thing anymore this includes all those fancy MTX people have which is how GGG makes their money, I can rarely see my raven demon wings unless everything is dead around me.

So one could argue that all MTX fall under that "wont even be able to notice" category unfortunately D:

As to "most people don't care about" comment well that's simply not true if you take the actual constructive comments in this thread and weigh those for and against side by side then i can simply not agree with that statement that most people don't care.. Do they or even i think it is critical or more important than many issues this game is facing? hell no would be my answer!

And on another note while later in the game you truly cannot most of the time make out much of anything related to your character the early to mid game is certainly NOT this way and by GGG's own metrics a large amount of people don't make it past that point.
Innocence forgives you
I personally don't care whether that happens or not, seems like a useless feature, I don't mind if they add it though (I still don't see anything of substance here).

BUT, if they decide to sell this as an MTX, OH MY :DDD A lot of folks are gonna be pissed.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
I personally don't care whether that happens or not, seems like a useless feature, I don't mind if they add it though (I still don't see anything of substance here).

BUT, if they decide to sell this as an MTX, OH MY :DDD A lot of folks are gonna be pissed.

Yeah its not the biggest deal and i definitely tried to indicate that while i personally believe it would be good for the game that it certainly should not be made a top priority or anything.

What surprises me is how many people do not understand why making it MTX would be a bad move.

Innocence forgives you
It would be weird having a feature like this as MTX.

But it's a great game and its free so there is nothing wrong in charging for "cosmetics" like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info