[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Oct 5, 2020, 12:47:57 PM
"
Demiand019 wrote:
Hello, I love this Tank summoner build. But I need some help with an updated pastebin with clusters, could you help me with one? thanks

BTW, really great idea.
Hey, the current pastebin does have a tree with a cluster jewel included; it's the 2nd pastebin in the PoB section.

Edit: whoops pasted the wrong one. Here is the correct link.
https://pastebin.com/E8i9Th1e
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Oct 5, 2020, 12:47:38 PM
"
"
Demiand019 wrote:
Hello, I love this Tank summoner build. But I need some help with an updated pastebin with clusters, could you help me with one? thanks

BTW, really great idea.
Hey, the current pastebin does have a tree with a cluster jewel included; it's the 2nd pastebin in the PoB section.

Edit: whoops pasted the wrong one. Here is the correct link.
https://pastebin.com/E8i9Th1e

Thank you very much
"
Glad to see you are enjoying the build! I have also tried eliminating HoA multiple times, the latest just last week.

I see you are using SRS right now; they have the advantage of not needing a corpse to spawn, but imo it's a bit of a waste to use them and not run Tavukai; it's both a massive damage buff to SRS detonations, and allows you to drop Infernal Legion for another support (another massive damage increase). Of course that means you can't run that shiny Aul's you currently have, which means you'd have to use essence worm (and have your HoP reservation skyrocket; might not gain you anything) or just bite the bullet and reserve Determination manually. You'd probably have to invest pretty heavily in reduced mana reservation, get the reservation circle of guilt etc to make this work.

Your other option (and my preference) is to run zombies, in which case I highly recommend you also run Aukuna's Will. This both lets you summon zombies without needing corpses, buffs zombie MI damage substantially, and lets you keep your Aul's for free Determination.

Both these options are completely viable replacements for HoA, and they do indeed let you run an armor/life chest which is really nice. In my experience they just don't offer the same clear speed as HoA builds for general-purpose mapping though, which is why the HoA variant is still my default choice.

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Ye, well I was trying srs as I bricked 3 Aukuna gloves in a row :D but zombies it is for me. They have 40k life now.

Although I will need some shiny upgrades to get up life recovery to the same level, like getting a helmet with cyclone attack speed lab enchant. (actually got one in stash, just needs some bitter work this will make Cyclone have 9 aps with which I'll settle). I could finally drop the faster attacks from the cyclone link, (maintaining 8aps) this resulted in lower channelling cost, so actually I will be able to drop Lucidity anoint now, just want to get a nice ring with Flammability on hit first or corrupted on the gloves if I ever get the luck, then anoint whispers of doom and it will be gucci.

The main thing I like in CWC zombies is that they are summoned where my cursor actually is and don't really need to rely on AI.

Clear indeed suffers on open maps, but currently I am mainly running Waste pools, where it actually feels better.

I have got a question though.

When I was using HoA setup and had 10 cyclone APS, the sentinels tended to overlap, however their max number did not raise at all with max level of the gem neither with aps. Do I miss something here ?

Cheers
Last edited by Idegen88 on Oct 6, 2020, 5:01:08 AM
"
Idegen88 wrote:

I have got a question though.

When I was using HoA setup and had 10 cyclone APS, the sentinels tended to overlap, however their max number did not raise at all with max level of the gem neither with aps. Do I miss something here ?

Cheers
No you are correct, max sentinel number is 4, and there is nothing we can do to increase that. What attack speed does is increase your sentinel spawn rate, which increases the number of explosions and our damage, as long as we don't over-cap on our sentinels. This is key because overcapping will refresh the duration and life of a sentinel, delaying it's explosion and loosing damage.

I've come to the conclusion that about 10 attacks/sec results in a good balance between damage and not over-capping so that's what I target in my build.
Clear now, thank you!
Last edited by Idegen88 on Oct 7, 2020, 9:56:17 AM
Hey guys, what would be the ideal pantheon choice for this build?
"
Kalithas wrote:
Hey guys, what would be the ideal pantheon choice for this build?
I am running Solaris major. Fully upgraded you get critical strike mitigation, as well as elemental and physical mitigation when bossing. Lunaris is nice if you aren't running The Stampede as it gives you a nice chunk of move speed when mapping, but defensively I believe it is weaker.

For minor, Shakari, Abberath, and Ralakesh are all good options depending on map mods. Gruthkul is a nice general purpose minor if you are a bit short on physical mitigation
Hi,

I'm also running this build this league, and until now it is just amazing. I hardly die and can simply cyclone through mobs.

I just got a helmet with minion life and minion damage implicits (where I put the HoP in), and I have a Coming Calamity with 3G1R2B.
The question is now what to put in the 3rd green link for HoA there.
I have Herald of Agony - Pierce- Added Fire Damage - Minion Damage - Physical to Lightning (I deal cold damage with cyclone, so that fire and lightning res. are lowered)

I'm hesitating between
GmP
Vicious Projectiles
Faster Attacks
Withering Touch

Following PoB Vicious Projectiles has the best minion DPS, but the game says that the "more projectile damage" does not even apply to the minion damage. Does anybody know if it does?
What would you suggest?
When will they finally turn off these stupid annoying Goblin sounds?
"
Thorsten94 wrote:
Hi,

I'm also running this build this league, and until now it is just amazing. I hardly die and can simply cyclone through mobs.

I just got a helmet with minion life and minion damage implicits (where I put the HoP in), and I have a Coming Calamity with 3G1R2B.
The question is now what to put in the 3rd green link for HoA there.
I have Herald of Agony - Pierce- Added Fire Damage - Minion Damage - Physical to Lightning (I deal cold damage with cyclone, so that fire and lightning res. are lowered)

I'm hesitating between
GmP
Vicious Projectiles
Faster Attacks
Withering Touch

Following PoB Vicious Projectiles has the best minion DPS, but the game says that the "more projectile damage" does not even apply to the minion damage. Does anybody know if it does?
What would you suggest?
Hmm keep in mind that it's preferable to run added lightning damage over cold as lightning damage will both lower fire res, as well as raise lightning res making sure Wave of Conviction applies fire exposure.

With that said, where are you seeing projectile damage doesn't support HoA crawler? In-game checklist has it as supporting for me, and as you mentioned it's also flagged as working in PoB. This might be academic though, because I have been running gmp this league and I think i'm going to change it as my default recommendation. I definitely notice an improvement in clear speed, even though the per projectile damage is lower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info