[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
Cypher121 wrote:
Starting out with this build and it's tons of fun. Clearspeed feels awful, but I'm guessing it'll get a lot better once I get a proper coloring for Calamity so I can use my 6th socket for pierce, and once I get a couple more levels on the HoA gem cause of its insane level scaling.

I swapped auto-fortify ascendancy out for adrenaline and instead put fortify in inc aoe's place, cause I mostly intend to use this for bossing and an extra layer of recovery will be great.

Is it worth it to go anomalous pierce for 4 targets pierced by agony crawler? Seems like I'd help a lot with the clear and it's not too expensive. Also I noticed you use quicksilver flasks in PoB despite having MS locked by Stampede. Am I missing anything here?
Good call on the quicksilver flasks; that's a hold-over from before swapping to Stampede, and I never updated the flasks. Use whatever you want!

As for the pierce, yes that sounds like an excellent idea! I'm going to pick one up as well.

In general, clearspeed is slow until you get your HoA up to speed, and Pierce is key for this, as you noted. HoA AI is a little funky as well: when mapping it's usually optimal to occasionally double back in a little loop; this seems to trigger the crawler to stop and actually shoot instead of just following you.
"
Awà wrote:
Hello sir,
For my update on the build : I love it ! I love everything about this build, so relax and chill to play, even in red maps.
Can you check my character and see what do I have to change ? I'm a bit lost at which item I should buy firt.

Thank you dude :D
Glad you are liking it! I'll list out what I see from your gear:

1. Your helmet has no armor; this is one of your main slots to get armor and ideally you want to get 400+ from this slot.

2. No essence worm: this is the budget way to run Determination, and you not running it, along with having little armor from your gear and no watcher's eye, will definitely put your survivability on the low end once you start serious mapping.

3. You have a dexterity problem! I don't think you can drop your rare ring right now because you need the dex on it. When I look for gloves and claw, a dexterity roll on each is pretty much required, unless you can get a really high tier roll on one or the other. Jade ammy implicit is also good for a fair chunk of dex without tying up a suffix you can use for resistance.

4. You should look in to a top tier armor glove slot as well; although you do have some armor on your current gloves so this is a lower priority than your helmet.

5. You are running quicksilver flasks with The Stampede boots. This one is my fault; those flasks are a hold-over from when the build didn't run those boots. Those quicksilver flask slots are now free; use whatever you want! I do highly recommend you get bleed, burning, and freeze immunity on your flasks though regardless of what you pick.

Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Oct 2, 2020, 12:52:25 PM
Thank you, i'll work on that. Cheers mate
Hi, sorry for bothering, what do you think about the new divergent HoA?
and also what about the replica alpha's howl?
amazing build btw!
(sry for typo english is not my lenguage)
"
Hi, sorry for bothering, what do you think about the new divergent HoA?
and also what about the replica alpha's howl?
amazing build btw!
(sry for typo english is not my lenguage)
Yeah a couple people have been asking about Divergent HoA, and overall it's a nice improvement! We are only at 80% poison chance with standard HoA, so the extra 20% will make us able to have a bit higher virulence single target. Just make sure to invest in a lvl 21 version though; HoA and HoP both scale quite well with gem level.

As for replica alpha's howl, if you pick it up with the +2 duration corrupt it's about 80% of the damage as the elder base with minion life+minion damage. From that point of view, it's not that great. On the other hand you get 80% of a 6-link damage with a 4 link and significantly less mana reservation, so there might be something there, possibly letting you dump Calamity for something better? Something to think about.
Thank you very much for the quick answer!
Last question: What do you think about the Divergent Culling Strike instead of the increased AoE?
It would help with the proc of HoP against common mob and provide an extra defensive layer of regen
Ty for your time and for the amazing build! (haven't played something this fun in a while)
Hi,

This is a cool build, I'm enjoying it, however I was working on to try and replace HoA so I could drop Calamity chest and get a nice armour based one with life and res.
(Goal would be here to get a chest with - total mana cost of skills and then I could also drop the Lucidity anoint and get for a 2nd curse that could be corrupted on gloves. Or just balance resists and get a life + life% chest and drop the other anoint for the extra curse.)

Zombie or even SrS route could be an alternative if you dislike HoA (like I do). Socketed them with cyclone and CWC.

From Cyclone setup, I could take out poison and inc AOE and add anomalous infernal legion support + faster attacks along with life gain on hit, so my attack speed did not suffer. Zombies / SRS are being spawned every 0.35 sec, currently with 25k life (also dropping like a fly, I can have 3 Zombies / SRS max with constant channelling) and quite efficient on red maps too while also giving me constant life recovery because of the shield.

I could then add Blood and Sand to compensate a bit for the aoe loss.

As for the gloves, I have added CWD holy relic setup, with level 1 CWD. For links I added culling strike and feeding frenzy as it was missing from the Zombies / SRS links. Holy relic gives shit regen at that level, so its not hurting our mechanic, but still has enough life (5k) to reliably proc feeding frenzy even while clearing. Could also add Infernal cry in an empty socket.

I am not saying this is any better for clearing, as I lost the HoA long range missiles, but to me its more of a laid back play style while still being able to handle everything.

My profile is public if anyone would want to try this out.

And again, thanks for this guide, I enjoy this the most this league.

PS : Don't look at the flasks, I was lazy to update them as of now.

Cheers
Last edited by Idegen88 on Oct 5, 2020, 9:21:14 AM
Hello, I love this Tank summoner build. But I need some help with an updated pastebin with clusters, could you help me with one? thanks

BTW, really great idea.
"
Thank you very much for the quick answer!
Last question: What do you think about the Divergent Culling Strike instead of the increased AoE?
It would help with the proc of HoP against common mob and provide an extra defensive layer of regen
Ty for your time and for the amazing build! (haven't played something this fun in a while)
I've been running this for a couple days and I'm a bit torn. On the one hand culling does help with normal pack clear speed, and culling is great for bossing too. On the other hand, on packs with rare mobs we tend to over-cap a bit more, sometimes loosing on damage.

As for the extra defensive layer, yes it does help a bit, but inc aoe is also defensive if you think about it; we gain life with each hit so the more things we can hit, the more life we gain!

I do think if we don't go the div culling route on our cyclone, it makes sense to do a swap to culling from gmp on HoA for bossing. This might be the more practical solution for those of us who dislike gem swapping.
"
Idegen88 wrote:
Hi,

This is a cool build, I'm enjoying it, however I was working on to try and replace HoA so I could drop Calamity chest and get a nice armour based one with life and res.
(Goal would be here to get a chest with - total mana cost of skills and then I could also drop the Lucidity anoint and get for a 2nd curse that could be corrupted on gloves. Or just balance resists and get a life + life% chest and drop the other anoint for the extra curse.)

Zombie or even SrS route could be an alternative if you dislike HoA (like I do). Socketed them with cyclone and CWC.

From Cyclone setup, I could take out poison and inc AOE and add anomalous infernal legion support + faster attacks along with life gain on hit, so my attack speed did not suffer. Zombies / SRS are being spawned every 0.35 sec, currently with 25k life (also dropping like a fly, I can have 3 Zombies / SRS max with constant channelling) and quite efficient on red maps too while also giving me constant life recovery because of the shield.

I could then add Blood and Sand to compensate a bit for the aoe loss.

As for the gloves, I have added CWD holy relic setup, with level 1 CWD. For links I added culling strike and feeding frenzy as it was missing from the Zombies / SRS links. Holy relic gives shit regen at that level, so its not hurting our mechanic, but still has enough life (5k) to reliably proc feeding frenzy even while clearing. Could also add Infernal cry in an empty socket.

I am not saying this is any better for clearing, as I lost the HoA long range missiles, but to me its more of a laid back play style while still being able to handle everything.

My profile is public if anyone would want to try this out.

And again, thanks for this guide, I enjoy this the most this league.

PS : Don't look at the flasks, I was lazy to update them as of now.

Cheers
Glad to see you are enjoying the build! I have also tried eliminating HoA multiple times, the latest just last week.

I see you are using SRS right now; they have the advantage of not needing a corpse to spawn, but imo it's a bit of a waste to use them and not run Tavukai; it's both a massive damage buff to SRS detonations, and allows you to drop Infernal Legion for another support (another massive damage increase). Of course that means you can't run that shiny Aul's you currently have, which means you'd have to use essence worm (and have your HoP reservation skyrocket; might not gain you anything) or just bite the bullet and reserve Determination manually. You'd probably have to invest pretty heavily in reduced mana reservation, get the reservation circle of guilt etc to make this work.

Your other option (and my preference) is to run zombies, in which case I highly recommend you also run Aukuna's Will. This both lets you summon zombies without needing corpses, buffs zombie MI damage substantially, and lets you keep your Aul's for free Determination.

Both these options are completely viable replacements for HoA, and they do indeed let you run an armor/life chest which is really nice. In my experience they just don't offer the same clear speed as HoA builds for general-purpose mapping though, which is why the HoA variant is still my default choice.
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Oct 5, 2020, 12:34:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info