[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

Been playing this and have enjoyed it, but the deeper I get into maps, the bigger the problem blue packs are. Sentinel's make these packs have so much life and with only the skeleton damage they take longer to kill than a boss.

That said, it's a really interesting concept and works better than expected. But i basically just run without sentinel now because it makes things take far too long for the meh reward.

"
Nashiq wrote:
Been playing this and have enjoyed it, but the deeper I get into maps, the bigger the problem blue packs are. Sentinel's make these packs have so much life and with only the skeleton damage they take longer to kill than a boss.

That said, it's a really interesting concept and works better than expected. But i basically just run without sentinel now because it makes things take far too long for the meh reward.

Interesting; I am only lvl 60 this league so I have yet to experience this, but I can see it as blue packs are also a problem in delirium maps. Have you tried kiting the blue packs into rares? I find this is usually better/faster than waiting on skelly damage to wear them down over time.
Quick leveling update: for those using this as a league starter, it turns out that barring a lucky early Ex drop, it's pretty expensive leveling with skellies as the leveling build suggests because you need Fortress Covenant to make it work. My workaround is to simply use SRS with Tavukai (2c right now) until you can afford a fortress covenant. This has been more than enough for leveling so far.
Update #2 I have made some quality of life changes to the endgame tree; specifically I have cut out Aul's Uprising and still manage to run skitterbots. I also am using the Voices unique gem along with cheap 6 node medium cluster jewels, which altogether significantly lowers the price of the build. Pastebin with gear/tree below.

https://pastebin.com/pxvRUt46
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Jun 12, 2022, 7:20:08 AM
Update #3 This build's biggest weakness has generally been its difficulty dealing full damage to non-rare or unique packs. This has been solved with the inclusion of
Using these gloves is a massive quality of life improvement for mapping; not only do any monster kills proc HoP minions, but if you find yourself up against a strong magic pack in delirium encounters, or just a buffed sentinel pack, use

and watch the worm deaths spawn HoP minions for on-demand burst. Really nice quality of life improvement to the build.
Pretty large quality of life, as well as endgame damage improvement with the latest update. Damage potential is approximately doubled with optimized weapon/ammy/helm vs prior versions, and mapping is even more improved with mana updates and on-will spawning of HoP minions. Take a look at the README at the top of the guide for the details and updated PoB.
Loved this build way back as it was near unkillable. Have a Juggernaut, Mageblood, and Ashes so decided to see if it was still viable - loved the updates from the summer!

As a preview for what I'm cooking up just check out this ring I got for about 1 divination. I'm sure there are better ones, with some life, and such too. But just getting started and this looks juicy!

Also this staff saves on points to get Elemental Equilibrium! Fancy!

I also just made it so nothing costs any mana - mostly requires having Mageblood to do so. So I don't need EB, and can run Corrupted Soul instead. Also the Timeless Jewel finder on POB is super nice now! Got some nice nodes with Minion Life and Damage x2!

Will update when I'm done - still using low level gems, etc.
Here is a POB of my ultra expensive Juggernaut version in 3.19.

https://pobb.in/UFFOcg_KhLsz

I ended up using Vengeance for Culling Strike and Flammability - with Whispers of Doom. The Holy Relic just got blown up with the Kalandra Mirrored Ring I'm using.

Tons of things to still optimize if I wanted, like Hypothermia on the helmet if its still possible. It looks like they got rid of gem levels for Minions on the helmet which is a bit annoying. Attack Speed on Sceptre. And getting better resists so I could drop the Unatural Instinct and grab more life. THere is a better GLorious Vanity out there with triple Minion mods but didn't see it on Trade.

Overall still really enjoyable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info