[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
gkp123 wrote:
This build looks fantastic, struggling to decide what to roll. I think I have decided on traps, mines I think would feel clunky. I found a life based fire trap and of course this LL build. I have never played LL so this build intrigues me.

Thanks, I think you won't regret it=) Start as life while leveling, especially if you're new to LL you can go very far as life and on a tinker-skin, unless you have a shavs ready and just wanna level fast to swap to LL=)

"
Tigrewurmut wrote:
Hey, loving this build so far! But at t15-16 and late game bosses/metamorph its getting kinda hard with my dmg. How do i go from here?

(*) Get the lab enchant on boots, it's really strong for us because it's always active (lightning damage)
(*) Try to fix your tree to the one in my guide, because you lack dps from not having throatseeker and from picking jewel sockets that you don't have strong dps jewels for.
(*) Those points are much better spent in pure damage nodes such as throatseeker, cackling speed, lightning walker etc, until you can afford jewels with minimum 4-6% DPS increases in POB (your dusk star jewel is ok)
(*) If you want to use Energy Within, put it on the right-side of the tree in the socket under Pain Attunement.
(*) Pick Arcane Guardian via right-side, rather than left-side to save a point and gain ES from your shield.
(*) Get a 21/23 lightning trap gem, they are very cheap.
(*) Reroll your helmet with dense+metallic fossils until you get decent ES and -9 lightning resist to enemies, its a 9% dps increase in most cases.
(*) Anoint Master sapper to your amulet asap for damage and frenzy charges.
(*) Potentially if you lack DPS, you can exchange 1 of your defensive flasks for an Atziri's promise. (also make sure lightning resist is your highest for wise oak).

"
alckipone wrote:
can some one please explain how to get high es I seem to be stuck at 4000 do you go for the amount of original es as high as possible and what ever percentsge gained or other way round thanks

I can't see your character. Get as much raw ES on every item as you can, so that your percentages from the skill-tree (and items) can boost it.
It's important to continuously upgrade your gear, even with very affordable budget stuff at 1chaos per piece etc.

"
Tiffiklotz wrote:
Which item Level is required to craft a helmet with -9% Lightning Resistance and -5% reduced Mana reserved? I could not find all mods online.
Did you use Metallic + Lucent + Dense Fossil?

Dense+Metallic+Bound if you want to try hit the best helmet stats, which would be decent ES, 4-5% mana reduce and -9 resist.
Aim for a helmet ilvl minimum 84, not because it's needed for the -9 or the reduce, but to get good ES rolls.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 8, 2020, 4:01:10 PM
@Oestergreen I've seen you using focus on your weapon and shield. Is it something that you've come to really like? The buff is crazy damage!
Awesome build. Really have enjoyed it and it has the perfect synergy for the league. Thank you!
"
gkp123 wrote:
This build looks fantastic, struggling to decide what to roll. I think I have decided on traps, mines I think would feel clunky. I found a life based fire trap and of course this LL build. I have never played LL so this build intrigues me.

life based trapper levels really fast and can take you far. actually it can probably take you to t15-t16, lol. My point is that you can easily put off the transition to LL until you are geared up and good-to-go ( i think that i transitioned to LL too soon).

"
donatox wrote:
Awesome build. Really have enjoyed it and it has the perfect synergy for the league. Thank you!

kind words m8, thank you=)

Btw check the crucial update at top of the guide, I think you'll enjoy it even more! Have fun trapping=)
Void walker is it possible to add in the gear?what you do thnk?
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
hers wrote:
Hey! I'm really enjoying this build, never built a trapper and I'm having a blast!

I already ripped twice 'cause of missplays and stupid decisions I made, but since I'm playing in HC it takes me a while to come back to where I was lol.

Do you have any additional tips for us HC players? Apart from taking Born in the Shadows earlier (I did so and everything was smoother).

Thank you, loving this guide and the tips you are giving!

Definitely! I realize I've neglected adding much about HC.

I usually always add fortify to my setup. The main question is which way you prefer doing it. Some do it via shield-charge+fortify, but you can also do it by adding "The Vigil" jewel, in the far left side of your skill-tree (where STR is in its radius) and then create a 3-link that looks as: Vigilant Strike > Faster Attacks > Ancestral Call Support. It'll mostly always land you the fortify effect, where as the shield-charge may sometimes miss or you at least have to pay more attention at your buffs to be sure you got it.

There are multiple ways of adding fortify of course, but you can research more on that:) I know that the streamer Waggle used vigil jewel method with the 3 link above.

On HC I use Basalt and Granite flasks, as really it's the physical mitigation that is most dangerous I feel. You may also want to remove elemental focus from your 5-6Link so that your trap can shatter/freeze and find places to add some cold damage to spells (usually your weapon and an abyss jewel in your stygian belt for example) I just today updated the guide to prefer Inspiration Support over Controlled Destruction as it fixes all mana issues with spamming traps at low-mana reserve. At HC, i'd replace the elem focus with inspiration support directly and keep either controlled destruct or added lightning dmg in your setup (depending what your POB says adds the most to you)

If you only have a 5L i'd go with LT, LP, Trap and mine Dmg, Cluster traps and inspiration supp.

Dream Fragments ring is super nice for HC imo, usually quite cheap.

Of course this is obvious, but I also play much more "safe", aka I off-screen kill a lot of mobs/bosses and in this league i'm not sure I'd touch metamorphs until GGG has patched them so that they're freezeable and less rippy.

Goodluck, you're very brave since 3.9 metamorph league is extreeeeemly rippy I feel, even if you just watch the experienced HC streamers, they're dropping like flies lol

That was so helpful, thank you very much! Will keep you updated on my HC journey :P
"
mrwiggiiles wrote:
@Oestergreen I've seen you using focus on your weapon and shield. Is it something that you've come to really like? The buff is crazy damage!

Yes, I like the on-demand burst of extra damage:)

If I was not using elemental focus and was relying on shattering packs or if I had low effective crit chance etc, i'd go for the crit to spells enchant, but since that's not the case I prefer this double damage craft
"
oestergreen wrote:

Thanks!
Last edited by Tigrewurmut on Jan 9, 2020, 2:07:18 PM
"
hers wrote:

That was so helpful, thank you very much! Will keep you updated on my HC journey :P

Please do, I hope you go all the way, though it's a tough HC league!
Oh and for bosses ofc swap back to elem focus rather than destruct, it's just for mapping to shatter/freeze more you'd take it out in HC =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info