[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Chtholly wrote:
Void walker is it possible to add in the gear?what you do thnk?

No, because it's a kill effect from "you have killed" and that doesn't work for traps/mines, as they count as the killer. (that's why we on opposite spectrum have some huge buffs from "if you haven't killed" affixes)
Hi, I started the league with this build and it has been amazing so far. I am very curious about one thing, since arc mines is kinda meta is it possible to maintain this build and setup while just switching to arc mines gem links? If it is possible, does that make this build even stronger by switching over? What are the pros of of using lightning trap over arc mines? I am new to trap/mines builds and will really appreciate your honest feedback, thank you!
Hi, I started the league with this build and it has been amazing so far. I am very curious about one thing, since arc mines is kinda meta is it possible to maintain this build and setup while just switching to arc mines gem links? If it is possible, does that make this build even stronger by switching over? What are the pros of of using lightning trap over arc mines? I am new to trap/mines builds and will really appreciate your honest feedback, thank you!
Hello, can someone or the OP see my build, its in my profile and tell me what i can upgrade? I know about the helm with - res and the watchers eye... something cheaper before i go to big stuff, because i have little hard time vs Sirius...
Last edited by stoqnbg on Jan 10, 2020, 3:43:25 PM
"
XhumanoidX wrote:

I've not personally played mines very much, but from what I've played and seen from streamers the main difference is gameplay preference. Traps and Mines can both do some really crazy damage when built right.

There's a distinct difference in the mechanic that traps auto-explode on contact with enemies, while mines are detonated by the player. Mines are basically 2 keys you non-stop press (you toss mines and you detonate, nonstop) versus traps being 1 key, that's why personally I've always preferred traps, especially as saboteur with traps triggering other traps nearby etc etc.

I can see why some people love mines too though, since generally, both are very similar builds and both mostly use saboteur and skill similarly, aside from the fact that the skill-tree has separated traps from mines in most skill-nodes, so you can't use the same skill-tree and just gem-swap between mines & traps.

Traps travel slower when thrown but auto-explode, no extra key.
Mines travel very fast when thrown, but require manual detonation.
Travel speed can matter in places like deep-delves etc where you need to insta-freeze everything off-screen constantly.
As far as damage and such, I've seen both types of builds do crazy damage, my own build being an example for trappers and I believe pyroclast mines atm being able to also blow up sirius very fast, same as this trap build does.

So really, you have to try the mechanics to be able to choose what you prefer imo :) Even at lower levels you can try the mechanics, trap setup vs mine setup and choose what feels better to you.

"
stoqnbg wrote:
Hello, can someone or the OP see my build, its in my profile and tell me what i can upgrade? I know about the helm with - res and the watchers eye... something cheaper before i go to big stuff, because i have little hard time vs Sirius...

If you're using POB, then try measure how much you'd gain from adding the global Lightning & Cold dmg bench craft to both of your rings. You don't need faster start affix.

Buy a pair of ilvl 84 shaper sorcerer gloves and alteration spam until you hit some trap or projectile damage bonuses, then try regal for ES or similar:) Regals are dirt cheap.

Do you need the mana flask, can you spam traps with your current mana-pool without delay for mana regen etc?? you shouldn't struggle for mana with inspiration support + clarity lvl 10 or higher. You could replace it with a sulphur flask for more damage.

On my POB you got 470k dps, which is actually quite good btw
That's PER hit from lightning trap. Each Lightning trap does 9 projectiles, so thats 470k per projectile hitting the boss (remember to plant traps ontop of the boss as much as you can during fight, its better than off to his sides)

As basically the math is:
9x470k, as many of those lightning balls that hit him = pure dps (it's in the millions obviously, provided that you land your traps somewhat near him;P).
That's without even calculating your spire traps damage on top =)

Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 10, 2020, 8:45:38 PM
"
stoqnbg wrote:

"
If you're using POB, then try measure how much you'd gain from adding the global Lightning & Cold dmg bench craft to both of your rings. You don't need faster start affix.

Buy a pair of ilvl 84 shaper sorcerer gloves and alteration spam until you hit some trap or projectile damage bonuses, then try regal for ES or similar:) Regals are dirt cheap.

Do you need the mana flask, can you spam traps with your current mana-pool without delay for mana regen etc?? you shouldn't struggle for mana with inspiration support + clarity lvl 10 or higher. You could replace it with a sulphur flask for more damage.

On my POB you got 470k dps, which is actually quite good btw
That's PER hit from lightning trap. Each Lightning trap does 9 projectiles, so thats 470k per projectile hitting the boss (remember to plant traps ontop of the boss as much as you can during fight, its better than off to his sides)

As basically the math is:
9x470k, as many of those lightning balls that hit him = pure dps (it's in the millions obviously, provided that you land your traps somewhat near him;P).
That's without even calculating your spire traps damage on top =)

Yes i can remove the mana flask i need it for freez immune, i will try with sulphur flask :) and will try with the cold&Light enchant. TY :) Loving the build so far!

P.S. I try with the craft, i gain like 2k tooltip DPS.
I check in POB i have now 393k DPS vs Shaper/BOSSES, i think i gain like 30-40k dps more :)
Last edited by stoqnbg on Jan 10, 2020, 8:02:36 PM
was thinking about use Vessel of Vinktar flask as damage boost (replace one of defensive flasks or bleed remove if we have corrupted blood).
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar_(Added_Lightning_Damage_to_Spells)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar_(Lightning_Penetration)

while we are shock immune from ascendancy tree I think it shoould be quite fine. What do you think?
Unfortunately in PoB is only one version with phys dmg converted to life :(
Last edited by Kminek666 on Jan 11, 2020, 5:26:32 AM
i am doing your build and i am kinda Midway there
what is the actual gems on the 6L? also, is the vaal LT a must or a normal LT may suffice?
also i believe cerberus limb is a very nice weapon for budget recommendation you can get a lot of evasion with little cost
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jan 11, 2020, 9:11:28 AM
"
was thinking about use Vessel of Vinktar flask as damage boost (replace one of defensive flasks or bleed remove if we have corrupted blood).
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar_(Added_Lightning_Damage_to_Spells)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar_(Lightning_Penetration)

while we are shock immune from ascendancy tree I think it shoould be quite fine. What do you think?
Unfortunately in PoB is only one version with phys dmg converted to life :(

Not worth it mate, if you want a dps flask along with wise oak then Atziri's is cheaper and provides more damage=)
So if we use Inspiration....we dont need to have 15% reduce mana shield...or? bcs i think now we can have pure dps shield...so and thats the point now o have about 8 100 energy sh....but i have low dps shield...if i sacrfice 200 shield i can have maybe +40-50 k dps from dps shield...Oester can u check me my dps on POB now? bcs i changed to Inspiration finally :) thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info