[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

First time i am starting leauge with trapper build :D Hope for a lot of fun!
Coming off a necro DD build and thinking this looks like a blast (no pun intended). Couple random questions- how does the build feel movement speed wise? Fast and snappy or a bit slow?

Also, for a 1-2h per day player, how forgiving is the build for a slow leveler? I can't play enough to race for top gear prices so am usually buying the expensive stuff later on. Can this rock on a budget for a while?
"
saxisa wrote:
Coming off a necro DD build and thinking this looks like a blast (no pun intended). Couple random questions- how does the build feel movement speed wise? Fast and snappy or a bit slow?

Also, for a 1-2h per day player, how forgiving is the build for a slow leveler? I can't play enough to race for top gear prices so am usually buying the expensive stuff later on. Can this rock on a budget for a while?

At the beginning/leveling you'll feel sluggish because you have no trap throwing speed (that comes from the skill-tree and from gloves and your belt later on).

The build can definitely rock on a budget, that was the original intent behind it and then it just kept expanding from there and so how far you go is really only up to your own budget/time/investment, but you can go very far end-game wise, with just the basics. In the former league I killed Sirius on a 5Link early on. You can't do what I'm doing in the videos, on a budget, but if you play decently, you can still clear the end-game, on a budget. :)

P.s. for everyone:
I've updated the skill-tree section (and the lvl 1-28 section) with 3.14 skill-tree's

Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 14, 2021, 9:48:14 PM
Hello !

Decide to use your build as well as a league starter for Ultimatum.

Also, gave you the follow on Twitch :D, keep up the hard work.

See ya

cant find pob in the 1st post?
What is dead may never die!
Can you use the same setup for fire traps ssf? Or is this just light trap optimized.
I feel like a complete dummy, but having a really difficult time surviving once I hit A9. How do you path the tree at this point? Should I be going life with evasion/dodge for defense?
freedom is a myth. it is impossible for any one entity to be completely free from all other entities.
"
intothefiord wrote:
cant find pob in the 1st post?

its under "skilltree,ascendencies and cluster jewels" > skill-tree (click on spoiler)

i had a hard time finding it as well
i tried a practice run through act 1, and i had a really hard time sustaining mana even with 2 mana pots for boss fights (brutus/merv)
gonna try it again with more utility (orb of storms, and lvl 8 wand craft) but even then i'm not sure it will be any better.
might start stormblast mines until after a1 and then swap to lightning trap
"
for_sweden wrote:
I feel like a complete dummy, but having a really difficult time surviving once I hit A9. How do you path the tree at this point? Should I be going life with evasion/dodge for defense?

Did you check the guide under survivability? Before you swap to CI or low-life, make sure you stack life and pick some life nodes in the tree if you're feeling squishy + a 1c tinkerskin if you are still life at lvl 68 (its also in the guide)
Remember, the POB you're following is for energy shield, so while you're leveling as life, either pickup some life nodes that you can swap later, or make sure your gear has some decent life on it and do NOT pick zealots oath until you are either CI or low-life, else you can't regenerate life via your ascendancy anymore.
Alternatively, going CI and stacking every point of ES you can is also an option as it's only 3 points you have to change later to swap from CI to Lowlife+shavs.

"
poe_shniggies wrote:
i tried a practice run through act 1, and i had a really hard time sustaining mana even with 2 mana pots for boss fights (brutus/merv)
gonna try it again with more utility (orb of storms, and lvl 8 wand craft) but even then i'm not sure it will be any better.
might start stormblast mines until after a1 and then swap to lightning trap

It's best going with whatever you feel the most comfortable. Builds don't really exist at the point of being in act 1, as you have too few points and no real gem link setups.
So go with whatever you feel comfortable with and then swap to LT. I also don't believe you get LT in act 1 until after Merveil (well it used to be after, but now i think it's with a siren's cadence quest, but the gem itself still require level 12)
Remember to add bear trap for the extra damage on bosses, it helps quite a bit and swift assembly which you get as your 2nd gem choice in act 1 and use it until you get multiple traps support instead and swap to LT (around lvl 12+). It's in the lvl 1-28 section in the guide, I've also added swift assembly there as it was missing, ty :)

"
Lildenjin wrote:
Can you use the same setup for fire traps ssf? Or is this just light trap optimized.

This is LT optimized as it has a few skill-tree points and chaining ascendancy that you wouldn't usually pick for fire traps. (you'd go expert explosives etc)

"
GraissE wrote:
Hello !
Decide to use your build as well as a league starter for Ultimatum.
Also, gave you the follow on Twitch :D, keep up the hard work.
See ya

Thank you Graisse :)
And also thanks to everyone else who followed, it's appreciated.
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 15, 2021, 9:29:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info