[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Prov1eh wrote:
Looks solid, but the POB could do with an update.

It should be up2date, 3.14 skill-tree and gems/gear are all from my most recent character ( ritual league name: dissentxtv_rl )

If anyone has had the guide open in a tab for awhile, remember to hit CTRL+F5 to fully refresh it.

I've also updated the notes in the POB and updated the gems section in the guide to better reflect the choice people have in regards to going with Trigger wand setup or Lightning Spire traps.

"
Ricardobdi wrote:
Hello sir, i've been flirting with your build for quite some time and i finally decided to give it a try (never played trapper seriously before, only a bit with ice trap when it was released).

So my question is regarding Pierce... in your endgame setup i completelly agree that the gem is not needed because of helm enchant and the hunter boots.
You mentioned that in act 5 we get a jewel that gives pierce, but it only pierces one additional target while the pierce support gem go for 2 to 4 targets depending on it´s level.

So my question is: Would you use the pierce support gem until you get the helmet enchant and/or the boots or would you alredy swap the pierce support when you grab the act 5 pierce jewel itself? Is the pierce one additional enemy enough?
The question is for leveling and for early mapping.

Thanks a lot for the guide and sorry to bother you.

I don't usually run pierce until I get the act5 jewel and then I replace that later when I get the +3 pierce on my helmet. I prefer the added damage from not having to run the pierce gem in my lightning trap.
+1 Pierce is still super useful, even if obviously +3 is superior. But sacrificing considerable damage to use a pierce gem is not worth it imo, unless (potentially) for HC.
For HC I'd maybe use pierce gem, simply because we have so much defence in our ascendancy blinding everything we hit, so being able to pierce big packs and off-screen stuff is added survivability.

"
Zyvex23 wrote:
So I want to start with this Build into the next League but I got one question

Is there any "priority list" on the auras? Because I dont think I can afford all the enlightment gems and good mana reserv gear to run so much mana reservation skills early on.

Good question and I've tried to make it more clear in the gem section with notes, but generally, it's very inter-dependent and different for each player because;
Some players hate having to use a mana flask a lot and others don't mind it at all. Some players want more defence and others prefer more dmg/faster killing.

So generally, the point is that you can fit all aura's eventually (Clarity, Wrath, Zealotry, Skitterbots & Vaal Discipline), but which ones you start with, is kinda up to your own preference.
My personal advice is to go with Clarity, Skitterbots & Wrath first and potentially hold off on Discipline (and obviously, when you go low-life, you'll reserve Zealotry with life, so that's handled at that stage)
But you should still HAVE a vaal discipline gem in your links somewhere, because even if you do not reserve discipline, you can still use the vaal effect as a "save my butt!" button (a life flask for an ES character).
All in all, which aura's you go with first, is personal preference and you can go through all acts in the game without using more than even just 1 or 2 of them.

"
streakgreen wrote:
Hi, now that trigger cool down has been increased to 8 sec, will lightning spire trap be better?

I feel that trigger will still be the stronger choice, but it's something I'll have to play and test in 3.14 to really confirm.
Potentially removing blade blast and replacing it with an increased duration effect is also an option (as a user posted this formerly)
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 15, 2021, 9:44:30 PM
Hi,

How do you feel about this build compared to other trappers?

Lightning traps seems to have the best clear speed vs ICE/FIRE traps. However, one big thing I intend to do is farm "The Hidden".

Can't that be done on a budget with this build or am I looking at a 10 ex investment before I can even think about doing that kind of content comfortably.

I am considering a trap league start, coldslinger into vortex, or flameslinger into BA elementalist.

I see that big part of the defenses are Max Block + recover ES on block, how hard is it to get that stat line in the first week?
"
Ricardobdi wrote:
Hello sir, i've been flirting with your build for quite some time and i finally decided to give it a try (never played trapper seriously before, only a bit with ice trap when it was released).

So my question is regarding Pierce... in your endgame setup i completelly agree that the gem is not needed because of helm enchant and the hunter boots.
You mentioned that in act 5 we get a jewel that gives pierce, but it only pierces one additional target while the pierce support gem go for 2 to 4 targets depending on it´s level.

So my question is: Would you use the pierce support gem until you get the helmet enchant and/or the boots or would you alredy swap the pierce support when you grab the act 5 pierce jewel itself? Is the pierce one additional enemy enough?
The question is for leveling and for early mapping.

Thanks a lot for the guide and sorry to bother you.

I don't usually run pierce until I get the act5 jewel and then I replace that later when I get the +3 pierce on my helmet. I prefer the added damage from not having to run the pierce gem in my lightning trap.
+1 Pierce is still super useful, even if obviously +3 is superior. But sacrificing considerable damage to use a pierce gem is not worth it imo, unless (potentially) for HC.
For HC I'd maybe use pierce gem, simply because we have so much defence in our ascendancy blinding everything we hit, so being able to pierce big packs and off-screen stuff is added survivability.

I see.. thanks a lot!! If you level without Pierce until the act 5 jewel, then i shall see how it goes and do it as well, i will trust the professional (:

But seriously, thanks a lot for the reply! Good luck tomorrow.
Does this build not utilize vaal lightning trap?
"
whitewing789 wrote:
Hi, I'm planning to start with this build, could you update blood magic on page 1 since it was updated?

If you have The Feared or newest Sirus A9 videos it would be very helpful too because I'm planning to make this build as a pure boss killer! Thank you very much :D

If I understood correct, blood magic support just changes name and works only for aura's (which is what we use it for anyway), while another new gem works for active skills.
I think I already posted A9 Sirius in the league content, otherwise i'll add it asap as then it's somewhere in my video folder un-rendered:)

Here's
The Feared deathless video you asked for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXFOZ3Sm594&ab_channel=oestergreen

"
Borbarad101 wrote:

You can definitely use it, there's no downside to it, just an extra button for the vaal skill.
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 15, 2021, 11:53:53 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:

Here's[/span] The Feared deathless video you asked for:

Well, I think I've seen enough to know which build to try for my 3rd league. Can't wait! (The Feared was such a hard fight, even with help)
"
jHawk_MC wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

Here's[/span] The Feared deathless video you asked for:

Well, I think I've seen enough to know which build to try for my 3rd league. Can't wait! (The Feared was such a hard fight, even with help)

Let me be fair and say that I had close to perfect gear in Ritual League, so clearing the feared in 30s looks super easy.
But then again, even if lets say I tossed all the perfect gear and cut my damage in half/swap my gear for mediocre stuff, most people would be thrilled to finish off "the feared" in a minute and staying alive. :)

The benefits of Lightning Trap is that even as a new player, you'll always do decent damage, because even if you panic you can do a lot of damage as long as you keep pressing that right mouse button, since your LT covers the entire screen. You'll still do most damage by hitting closer to the target with your traps, as then more lightning balls will hit the target, but you can afford to panic a bit, run around/regenerate and still be doing decent damage in the meantime.

Just a tip, for anyone reading and trying this tomorrow: Try to make sure you always throw traps in the direction that you'll flame dash, then you're almost always safe, as whatever mob pack you dash towards will be blinded by your traps hitting them. And take a peek at the lvl 75 skill-tree and consider grabbing trap throwing speed early on, as you don't have any gear with throw speed at that time.

"
oestergreen wrote:
"
whitewing789 wrote:
Hi, I'm planning to start with this build, could you update blood magic on page 1 since it was updated?

If you have The Feared or newest Sirus A9 videos it would be very helpful too because I'm planning to make this build as a pure boss killer! Thank you very much :D

If I understood correct, blood magic support just changes name and works only for aura's (which is what we use it for anyway), while another new gem works for active skills.
I think I already posted A9 Sirius in the league content, otherwise i'll add it asap as then it's somewhere in my video folder un-rendered:)

Here's
The Feared deathless video you asked for:

"
Borbarad101 wrote:

You can definitely use it, there's no downside to it, just an extra button for the vaal skill.

It's worth noting that the replacement for Blood Magic has a 5% higher mana multiplier, so it's around a level 18 Blood Magic in terms of that.

And we don't know if an alternate quality version even exists, and if it does, whether one of the alternate qualities will offer reduced reservation.
"
Marochias wrote:

It's worth noting that the replacement for Blood Magic has a 5% higher mana multiplier, so it's around a level 18 Blood Magic in terms of that.

And we don't know if an alternate quality version even exists, and if it does, whether one of the alternate qualities will offer reduced reservation.

Ah, that is definitely worth noting, ty for lmk :)
That'll lower the clarity gem level a bit that we can fit (according to pob, from my current ritual league char, my lvl 5 clarity would need to be lvl 4 if i lower blood magic to 18), but it should still be okay to fit.
"
Mukuro123 wrote:
Hi,

How do you feel about this build compared to other trappers?

Lightning traps seems to have the best clear speed vs ICE/FIRE traps. However, one big thing I intend to do is farm "The Hidden".

Can't that be done on a budget with this build or am I looking at a 10 ex investment before I can even think about doing that kind of content comfortably.

I am considering a trap league start, coldslinger into vortex, or flameslinger into BA elementalist.

I see that big part of the defenses are Max Block + recover ES on block, how hard is it to get that stat line in the first week?

Anyone with some sort of answer for this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info