3.8.1e Patch Notes

"
Ydoum wrote:
"
Reverted Shatter sound effects back to the pre-3.8.0 version.

Why would you bring back this crappy, outdated audio? The new one was phenomenal.

Sometimes I can't understand your decisions, GGG.

It's easy to understand - because lots of people on both Reddit and these forums kicked up a big stink about it. They merely caved to the complaints. You can perhaps fault their spine for doing that, but it's not GGG that pushed for the old sound to come back but rather the community itself. Of course this is the same community that designed uniques like Perserverance, and then barely ever use it...
That just means even less Blighted Map drop rates.

I would not even have minded a T1-5 Blighted map while doing red maps, but not even that. Now even that chance is removed.

At least 7 Days A18 released, so I got something to do until next league.

EDIT : You spend all this time creating what is arguably one of the most fun mechanics, personal opinion, and then you limit it to streamers that got nothing better to do than run 200 maps a day, because thats the only way you have a chance of finding blighted maps.

We casual players dont have a chance in hell to actually enjoy this league, since the people that do play all day, are selling the blightted maps @ 20 chaos for T1, and it gets ridiculous from there on...just because you cant fix the stupid drop rate.

It's barely the second month and no one is watching or playing PoE. Perhaps it is time to change the business practice of only listening to and catering for streamers.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Last edited by Marinxar on Oct 10, 2019, 1:05:12 AM
"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
Blighted Map drops now drop at a minimum tier based on the tier of the Map that you are currently in. For example, when in a Tier 5 Map, Tier 1 to Tier 5 Blighted Maps can drop. When in a Tier 6 Map, you'll receive a Tier 6 Blighted Map (and will never receive a Tier 1 to Tier 5 Blighted Map).

That should be applied to map drops in general. And buff blighted map drops for few of us that still playing this boring league!
Mirror of Kalandra?
Make Oils combinable for blighted maps since drop rates are low, like 6, 10 or more or something for a map.

This will buff blighted map amounts and also provide a use for all of the excess oils.
"
tUrNiTuP83 wrote:
Anyone else getting kicked from the game a lot today. Been kicked 5 times when sitting in my hideout.

Yes baby, pls AFK logout like in proper games... no more AFK price fixers and more server power to real players.
"
ama wrote:
"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
Blighted Map drops now drop at a minimum tier based on the tier of the Map that you are currently in. For example, when in a Tier 5 Map, Tier 1 to Tier 5 Blighted Maps can drop. When in a Tier 6 Map, you'll receive a Tier 6 Blighted Map (and will never receive a Tier 1 to Tier 5 Blighted Map).

That should be applied to map drops in general. And buff blighted map drops for few of us that still playing this boring league!

+1
Can we have a race now?
HC looks like SSF already.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Ydoum wrote:
"

Why would you bring back this crappy, outdated audio? The new one was phenomenal.

It's easy to understand - because lots of people on both Reddit and these forums kicked up a big stink about it. They merely caved to the complaints. You can perhaps fault their spine for doing that, but it's not GGG that pushed for the old sound to come back but rather the community itself. Of course this is the same community that designed uniques like Perserverance, and then barely ever use it...

And that's why this community sucks. GGG will just do anything to satisfy screamers, won't they?
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Oct 10, 2019, 2:13:22 AM
"
dachoppa wrote:
"
Ydoum wrote:
"

apparently, people measure a successful farming session by the tinnitus caused of the old sound effect. whenever i play a build that shatters things, i have to turn sound effects way down

"
Ydoum wrote:

The new one was so much more subtle and bassy. It didn't stick out so much. It was just spot-on. Right now we're back to slowly becoming deaf when running cold-based builds. Ugh.

What is wrong with you people? The new sound was meh at best and the original sound was (and is) hands down the best sound in all of gaming history.
Hi just a few notes from someone that's been playing this league a lot 300+ hours

working on a second 100, 98.5 atm
Self found 42 blight maps most red - You can improve you're odds on finding these! I avg 1 in 3 maps on my current method.

I've also bought around 15 maps for challenge and div card spawning.
I have over 400 in Clear,sepia oils 200+ amber, 150 verdant.
Now the rarer oils are on a very low drop rate sub 20 on each.
Only found 1 golden oil at that was level 98.

It's disappointing hearing the veterans and new players in Aussie complain about seeing next to no league content 5-10 blight maps, have half the oils I have with characters 90-95.

There is a common trend I've noticed from the past 6 leagues is drop rates on league content is buffed dramatically for the next league which is a real shame when you want to enjoy the league at the time. Legion spewed out timeless splinters while Blight overall has such low drop rates for high tier oils crimson,black,opalescent,silver,golden.

Finally

It would appear that do GGG side heavily with streamers retention they want them to keep streaming the game so when content is too easy they change it when the current content drops too much they tend to hotfix. There was a streamer who constantly reached 100 which forced changes to xp gain for each level 95-100 sadly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info