[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
donbrawler wrote:
"
Anyone got any experience/tips how to make a Headhunter work on this build? Just bought mine for the league but still building the mapping character and it feels kind of like a waste to have it sitting in stash, do I just use it as a defensive and MS belt for mapping or is there a more fancy setup to run?

Sorry man, I don't think anyone has came up headhunter use on this build or has a way for it synergize better. Your better off just making a Assassin build for a headhunter at this point lol. Headhunter for this build is a waste of currency sell it and get a +4 and go big dick!!

Oh I‘m building an assasin on the side for propper mapping, keeping the vortex char for bossing. But I‘d rather fully finish the assasin (100 ex or so to go) first, so now I‘m stuck with a HH in stash that I kinda wanna play around with.
Hi all!
Started vortex in this league and it feels very easy to level!
I've just seen the new CI gems, but don't understand vaal righteous fire...can we use only the vaal version because normal will stop instantly or am I missing something?
"
Hi all!
Started vortex in this league and it feels very easy to level!
I've just seen the new CI gems, but don't understand vaal righteous fire...can we use only the vaal version because normal will stop instantly or am I missing something?

Yeah only use the vaal version > never use the normal one or even turn it on

We can't sustain the normal one
Hey guys. How does this build fit a "not very seasoned player"? I tried PoE a couple of times but never got to end game content (killed Shaper and normal Atziri in the past but that's it). And always ended up playing cyclone, lol. Trying to play smth different now and vortex mechanic seems interesting. Although I'm afraid of Shyv wrappings which cost like 100c+ even with 0 links and overall price of the build.
How much more powerful is the low life version compared to Ci version? Is the jewels for either ci and LL expensive?
I think it would be better to separate CI and LL POBs, because LL gems affect CI build, boosting dps to unrealistic level.
"
mDrama wrote:
Hey guys. How does this build fit a "not very seasoned player"? I tried PoE a couple of times but never got to end game content (killed Shaper and normal Atziri in the past but that's it). And always ended up playing cyclone, lol. Trying to play smth different now and vortex mechanic seems interesting. Although I'm afraid of Shyv wrappings which cost like 100c+ even with 0 links and overall price of the build.

This build is awesome for somebody who wants to get to end game and learn the bosses, because that was me in last league. I had never completed the new atlas, never fought any big bosses, never run delirium maps. I did all of that last league, beat uber atziri, shaper, sirus A8, all deathless.

Once built up with LL gear, as donbrawler has said it is 'tanky' in that there are lots of layers of defence and you don't need to stand still. You can just drop a vortex and then concentrate on dodging and watching the boss, learning his mechanics, while the DOT damage ticks away on him.

It is as cheap as you want it to be, shavs, chayula, a decent want, gloves, none of them are cheap - so the final LL build does cost some money. But it can still be very reasonable on CI, even on trash gear. (I am just stalling at T15 maps and halfway thru watchstones - with my beginner mapping gear on CI - 6.5k ES 360k dps) so you have plenty of time to get the cash while mapping.

I would recommend to a person who likes to invest into a build over the league, I found this ideal to do that with, you can build it in layers. Or you can go straight for the great LL stuff like some guys here did!
"
Anyone got any experience/tips how to make a Headhunter work on this build? Just bought mine for the league but still building the mapping character and it feels kind of like a waste to have it sitting in stash, do I just use it as a defensive and MS belt for mapping or is there a more fancy setup to run?

I did try!

And for dps it's absolutely useless. If you can afford to play with a hh, dps is not your issue, no mods impact the dot noticeably.

The only mods that benefit you is movement speed. And that point it's worth considering, but then get tailwind-elusive boots too. Proxy-shield is fun, but not sure it does much.

Completely useless but pretty fun too: You know that node in Delve where white ghost bears rush the skeleton in the middle? Well, they are all rare and give ES. I had like 100k ES XD (and at lv1500, still got OS by the resurected skeleton)
Last edited by roselan on Jan 23, 2021, 4:19:45 AM
"
kingkano wrote:
"
mDrama wrote:

This build is awesome for somebody who wants to get to end game and learn the bosses, because that was me in last league. I had never completed the new atlas, never fought any big bosses, never run delirium maps. I did all of that last league, beat uber atziri, shaper, sirus A8, all deathless.

Once built up with LL gear, as donbrawler has said it is 'tanky' in that there are lots of layers of defence and you don't need to stand still. You can just drop a vortex and then concentrate on dodging and watching the boss, learning his mechanics, while the DOT damage ticks away on him.

It is as cheap as you want it to be, shavs, chayula, a decent want, gloves, none of them are cheap - so the final LL build does cost some money. But it can still be very reasonable on CI, even on trash gear. (I am just stalling at T15 maps and halfway thru watchstones - with my beginner mapping gear on CI - 6.5k ES 360k dps) so you have plenty of time to get the cash while mapping.

I would recommend to a person who likes to invest into a build over the league, I found this ideal to do that with, you can build it in layers. Or you can go straight for the great LL stuff like some guys here did!

I wish that it would be possible to make posts like yours more visible.

And tbh, the whole guide organization is a mess in my opinion. I won't blame Shak, these things are hard to make right and are time consuming.
"
Roselan wrote:
"

I did try!

And for dps it's absolutely useless. If you can afford to play with a hh, dps is not your issue, no mods impact the dot noticeably.

The only mods that benefit you movement speed. And that point it's worth considering, but then get tailwind-elusive boots too. Proxy-shield is fun, but not sure it does much.

Completely useless but pretty fun too: You know that node in Delve where white ghost bears rush the skeleton in the middle? Well, they are all rare and give ES. I had like 100k ES XD

Yeah, thats kinda what I thought, I ran a few maps with it and it did about what I thought it would do, increase my movement speed and make me immortal, which is probably better than anything I can get from any other belt I guess. At the very least its fun as hell and fixes attriburtes.

Since I see you talking about the ailment immune maxblock CI Version a bunch on here, could you point me to any ressources where I can check that out? Since I‘m gonna only use the char for bossing in the future I‘d prefer to build as tanky and sturdy as absolutely possible, since DPS is less of a concern with all of the intermissions going on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info