[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Armisal wrote:

I didn't try to PoB that. If you run a +2 amulet, you can't run Aul. So you can't fit in frostbite + malevolence + discipline and land on like 8.5k ES or thereabouts.

You may as well run the LL build which lands on 7.5k ES and 3M dps.

Aul's uprising was mainly to fit discipline in, and I still had spare so I could have gone more tanky with flesh and stone or more dps with spider/skitterbot.

My build lands on 10K ES and 1.5M dps which is fundamentally different to the LL glass cannon build. I don't need perfect play and dodge stuff with careful movement and placement. It's a tanky build so I can be half assed and run into the middle of packs for better vortex and not care about anything - which is the playstyle I personally prefer and tailored the build that way.

Going with Aul's really seems way more attractive but your weapon alone will ruin me financially for the rest of the league. Add Aul's to this and it is completely out of reach sadly.
Mirror of Kalandra count: 0
"
Bragisdottir wrote:
"
Armisal wrote:

I didn't try to PoB that. If you run a +2 amulet, you can't run Aul. So you can't fit in frostbite + malevolence + discipline and land on like 8.5k ES or thereabouts.

You may as well run the LL build which lands on 7.5k ES and 3M dps.

Aul's uprising was mainly to fit discipline in, and I still had spare so I could have gone more tanky with flesh and stone or more dps with spider/skitterbot.

My build lands on 10K ES and 1.5M dps which is fundamentally different to the LL glass cannon build. I don't need perfect play and dodge stuff with careful movement and placement. It's a tanky build so I can be half assed and run into the middle of packs for better vortex and not care about anything - which is the playstyle I personally prefer and tailored the build that way.

Going with Aul's really seems way more attractive but your weapon alone will ruin me financially for the rest of the league. Add Aul's to this and it is completely out of reach sadly.

my weapon was 3ex at the time

I was running with a pretty cheap wand before that - 50-60% cold spell damage with ~33% cold dot multi with 2 open suffixes (trigger and spider).

I got my Aul's for 10ex, i see one for 7.5ex now.

I've got my 24/40 challenges (36 will take too long and I cbf anymore) so I've retired from the league so I'm not really up to date with the market. I hear heists are raining currency now?
Last edited by Armisal on Oct 20, 2020, 8:26:53 AM
"
Armisal wrote:

my weapon was 3ex at the time

I was running with a pretty cheap wand before that - 50-60% cold spell damage with ~33% cold dot multi with 2 open suffixes (trigger and spider).

I got my Aul's for 10ex, i see one for 7.5ex now.

I've got my 24/40 challenges (36 will take too long and I cbf anymore) so I've retired from the league so I'm not really up to date with the market. I hear heists are raining currency now?

Ok, should have checked trade before. That is way more affordable than i thought! Will denifitely give your build a try now!

Thank you for giving me at least one more week of purposeful playtime :) .
Mirror of Kalandra count: 0
Got a BV Cold pathfinder atm, prety fast and clears well. Just aliiiittle none tanky...
So wonder, is it worth switching to this kind of gameplay?
For heist and more of the endgame?
I'm running Aspect of the Spider now over Zealotry and I love it. Mostly because I just got this beautiful new belt :)

IGN: Sin
"
Armisal wrote:

Aul's amulet is the linchpin of my build - it makes malevolence free so we can run discipline and aspect of the spider (15% more damage and more slow)

Some big dps boosts are:
high dot multi on wand
+1 spells on wand and shield
L21 vortex gem
all gems to 20/20 or get some awakened gems
brush with death cluster jewel
malevolence dot watcher's eye if you can afford it
aspect of the spider

oh, and do your final lab to get the explosions. That helps with clear too if you feel like ur lacking dps.

Thanks for that - absolutely perfect. I forgot I hadn't completed the last lab, that made a big difference. The explosions make for a much more satisfying clear. So much so that DPS isn't a big issue now, but I need more ES and defensive layers haha.

Was already looking for a shield upgrade and a dot wand, will start working on the other things too.

Really appreciate the advice thanks again.
"
I'm running Aspect of the Spider now over Zealotry and I love it. Mostly because I just got this beautiful new belt :)

Nice belt I need to craft one my self.
More Tips

1. Divergent Flame Dash is most likely Best in slot and should be used if your using EE (Elemental Equilibrium) on the tree. You get 40% chance to ignite. Been testing it in Simulacrum and destroying them with ease.

2. Level 9 Vaal Clarity can be used to boost your map clear when Frenzy charges are max in t17 juiced maps it gives around 16 seconds of cold snap for instant spam fun. Great for Delirium farming!

3. Divergent Bonechill is a nice boost in DMG.

4. If you have a corrupted + 2 to level of duration on Shavronne's Wrappings. You should swap out Hypothermia for a level 4 Empower Gem on the Vortex 6 link for 1 million DPS increase.

5. You can gain a ton of Energy Shield/Resist and similar damage using a Hubris Circlet. However I haven't been able to craft a good one yet.

Ideal Stats
Hubris Circlet (Redeemer) Ilvl 85 needed
Lab Enchant 40% increased Vortex Damage
50 + to Intelligence
50 + to maximum Energy Shield
40% + to any Resistance your lacking
Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance (This is a nice dmg boost)
Crafted 70% + increased Energy Shield
Last edited by donbrawler on Oct 22, 2020, 8:16:08 AM
Is there an update to the ossuary farming loot filter? I'm getting an error and it reverts to the default "filter".

If not, can anyone list what bases I need to keep an eye out for?
"
tempest420 wrote:
Is there an update to the ossuary farming loot filter? I'm getting an error and it reverts to the default "filter".

If not, can anyone list what bases I need to keep an eye out for?

The loot filter is probably not working since 3.12 made a lot of changes to filters

I assume your going CI?
You can adjust neversink for the best bases listed below.

Ideal Bases
Ilvl 85 Hubris Circlet(Redeemer)
Ilvl 84 Vaal Regalia (Crusader)
Ilvl 84 Titanium Spirit Shield (Crusader)
Ilvl 84 Fingerless Silk Gloves (Hunter)

Hubris Circlet
Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance

Vaal Regalia
Recover (5-6)% of Energy Shield on Kill

Titanium Spirit Shield
+1 to Level of all Cold Spell Skill Gems
Recover (3-5)% of Energy Shield when you Block

Fingerless Silk Gloves
(13-16)% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier

Report Forum Post

Report Account: