[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
tempest420 wrote:
Is there an update to the ossuary farming loot filter? I'm getting an error and it reverts to the default "filter".

If not, can anyone list what bases I need to keep an eye out for?

The problem comes from the new base type changes. In the filter, look for "Pernarch", and change it to "Pernach". That should fix the issue!
Would anyone be willing to look at my Occultist (ColdDoTVortekil) and let me know if there are some big upgrades that I could look into? Not super interested in going LL. Have close to 20ex to work with. Thanks in advance!
"
Zavenkil wrote:
Would anyone be willing to look at my Occultist (ColdDoTVortekil) and let me know if there are some big upgrades that I could look into? Not super interested in going LL. Have close to 20ex to work with. Thanks in advance!

your characters are not open for viewing
Does someone have an idea how I can take my occu (solidmarker) to the next lvl?
currently sitting at roundabout 2 million dot dps while being CI (dont want to go LL tbh)

im looking for any ideas in terms of clearspeed (if its even possible?)
or general advice on how to improve my character further :)
thanks in advance
"
Gizeh66 wrote:
currently sitting at roundabout 2 million dot dps while being CI (dont want to go LL tbh)

thanks in advance

You won't gain much dmg or improve clear speed cheaply going CI. Your using Low Life gear in your setup! Are you switching to CI?

Shav's Wrappings, Presence Amulet and Archon Shield is not good for CI at all. Honestly you should just switch to LOW Life it will improve your DPS and clear speed, its not as squishy as people think.

If your serious about CI you should be using Rare Amulet, Vaal Regalia and Titanium Spirit Shield. If you want to improve your gear for CI. Look for the following upgrades.

Onyx or Citrine Amulet Hunter/Redeemer
+ 1 to Cold Spells
(13-16)% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier
Energy Shield, Intelligence and Resist if possible

Vaal Regalia Crusader
700+ energy shield
Recover 6% of Energy Shield on Kill
Resist
Open suffix for Intelligence and 18 Quality bench craft

Titanium Spirit Shield Shaper
Socketed Gems have 15% reduced Mana Reservation
+1 to Level of all Cold Spell Skill Gems
Any Resist
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (Bench crafted)
+66 to maximum Energy Shield (Bench crafted)
72% increased Energy Shield (Bench crafted)

Last edited by donbrawler on Oct 23, 2020, 7:37:30 AM
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
Gizeh66 wrote:

thanks in advance

You won't gain much dmg or improve clear speed cheaply going CI. Your using Low Life gear in your setup! Are you switching to CI?

Shav's Wrappings, Presence Amulet and Archon Shield is not good for CI at all. Honestly you should just switch to LOW Life it will improve your DPS and clear speed, its not as squishy as people think.

If your serious about CI you should be using Rare Amulet, Vaal Regalia and Titanium Spirit Shield. If you want to improve your gear for CI. Look for the following upgrades.

+ 1 to Cold Spells

Vaal Regalia Crusader
700+ energy shield
Resist

Any Resist

haha sorry, i just thought about going LL but decided against it because the transition was to annoying even tough i bought everything already - if you dont mind please check out my profile again the actual gear should now be shown :)

sorry for your wasted time haha
"
Gizeh66 wrote:
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
Gizeh66 wrote:

thanks in advance

+ 1 to Cold Spells

Vaal Regalia Crusader
700+ energy shield
Resist

Any Resist

haha sorry, i just thought about going LL but decided against it because the transition was to annoying even tough i bought everything already - if you dont mind please check out my profile again the actual gear should now be shown :)

sorry for your wasted time haha

some very high end (expensive rares) you have.

I've mentioned before but I think the CI build (which is meant to be more tanky and thus less dps) is a bit weird to run without having discipline. With discipline you'll land on over 10K ES which is a good ball park for a "tanky" build. You land on 9.2k ES which is pretty decent but you've compensated with expensive items with heaps of stats.

Of the builds:

author's LL: 7.5k-8.5k ES, 3M dps
your CI: 9.2k ES, 2M dps

my CI build which uses Aul to fit in discipline and spider lands on:

my CI: 10k ES, 1.55 dps

quite similar to yours, kudos to you for coming up with something similar to mine. My items are relatively cheaper though minus the amulet. Your +2 amulet is probably a similar price.

To improve dps, a watcher's eye with malevolence Dot, better dps wand are the obvious things - higher dot or higher spell

to improve ES - your gloves are very low ES, rings and belts can have %ES and flat ES

One other important thing for anyone. LL surely does more dps, double infact. But does it clear faster? not necessarily - sure it might kill bosses twice as fast, but does it clear mobs as fast? I don't think so, i'd actually argue at T16 maps or 83 heists it's the same speed or SLOWER. 1.5M dot dps and profane bloom kills everything in 1 hit anyway and you need to play safer as LL, you aren't running into a full room of ranged mobs and vortexing - you can as the tankier CI build. As LL, and on 7.5k ES, and as the author says, you need to learn to serpent approach large groups of ranged mobs, and learn to avoid stuff (i.e. not run into the middle of a big pack to vortex). You'll surely die here and there playing balls to the wall on the most juiced up content without learning to avoid stuff. As CI with 10k ES, I'd argue you can play as greedy as you want and go into those same conditions fine to maximise the vortex AoE and thus you'll clear faster. I'd also say 10k ES CI has made me overconfident in thinking I can't die in 83 heists which is also a bad thing as I have died once or twice being so over confident.
Last edited by Armisal on Oct 23, 2020, 9:01:15 AM
"
Armisal wrote:
"
Zavenkil wrote:

Ah, sorry about that. I believe it shoulsd be fixed now?
"
Zavenkil wrote:
"
Armisal wrote:
"
Zavenkil wrote:

Ah, sorry about that. I believe it shoulsd be fixed now?

Honestly, alot of your items look like 1c-10c items.

Much more ES can be had for your defensive items and much more dps can be had for the dps items.

Start aiming for Tier 1 flat ES + % ES on all defensive items with 2x 35-40+ res on them or 35+ str/dex stats.

gloves should be 160+ ES
boots 180+ ES
rings 45+ ES
armor 550+ with ALOT of res or 650+ with a bit of res
mind gaze don't use less than max cold dot, super cheap item
shield goes up to 300+ ES, if you get +1 cold or %recover on block you can compromise a bit but don't compromise if you don't have them

T1 or T2 cold dot multi on wand with 80+ cold spell damage or +1 cold (or both)
Last edited by Armisal on Oct 23, 2020, 9:11:33 AM
"
Armisal wrote:

One other important thing for anyone. LL surely does more dps, double infact. But does it clear faster? not necessarily - sure it might kill bosses twice as fast, but does it clear mobs as fast? I don't think so, i'd actually argue at T16 maps or 83 heists it's the same speed or SLOWER. 1.5M dot dps and profane bloom kills everything in 1 hit anyway and you need to play safer as LL, you aren't running into a full room of ranged mobs and vortexing - you can as the tankier CI build. As LL, and on 7.5k ES, and as the author says, you need to learn to serpent approach large groups of ranged mobs, and learn to avoid stuff (i.e. not run into the middle of a big pack to vortex). You'll surely die here and there playing balls to the wall on the most juiced up content without learning to avoid stuff. As CI with 10k ES, I'd argue you can play as greedy as you want and go into those same conditions fine to maximise the vortex AoE and thus you'll clear faster. I'd also say 10k ES CI has made me overconfident in thinking I can't die in 83 heists which is also a bad thing as I have died once or twice being so over confident.

I disagree that LL can't be tanky and is way faster clear than CI (Can do t17 Delirious maps just as fast as Headhunter builds). I think you should try LL and you will be surprised how a little difference there is compared to CI as far and the tankiness that you suggest CI is. Its just better for fitting in any Aura your playstyle desires and it just requires adjusting the skills in the trees.

This can't done with CI without alot of currency. You mention you have to sacrifice your amulet just to get free mana for Malevolence to fit in Discipline. Not worth it, you can get just as high ES without discipline as CI. I understand though as that would cost a lot of currency in upgrades to get higher ES. CI cost more because the gear is shared with tricksters and more demand = higher cost.

Learning mechanics is more important than trying to build a tanky character and LL can have 10k ES, can have 75% Chaos with one aura switched to Purity of Elements with a watchers Eye that give 60% Chaos res (still cheaper than CI and still triple the dps). CI is overrated for Occultist and much better suited for trickster builds, but this is my opinion and not trying to attack yours.

I played CI last league and the 100% chaos resistance and extra energy shield I was able to fit in really isn't that good and not that tanky. You can still easily be one shot and DPS is pretty garbage in my opinion. Plus trying to scale damage as CI cost way too much.

Benefits of LL vs CI.
1. I have 9.5k ES as Low Life and more than triple the DPS of CI and should reach 10k ES easily once min maxed.

2. LL can be just as tanky, easily get 75% Chaos resistance by switching one aura to Purity of Elements and cheap Watcher's Eye. I used this early in the league to level and get to 98 for my endgame build I am using now.

3. Conqueror's die in 3 - 5 seconds (not that much investment needed to reach this level of dps compared to CI).

4. Vaal Clarity will give 15+ seconds of a free mana that allows spamming through the map with Cold Snap and Vortex.(Huge Clear speed Bonus)

5. Vaal Discipline will help with those situations with chaos Damage.

6. Scaling DPS with LL is way cheaper than CI.
Last edited by donbrawler on Oct 24, 2020, 2:36:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info