[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Shaddolf wrote:
Yeah I painfully exalt slammed the adds 1-2 physical mod to my ring today.

Didn't realise you could increase the life conversion on amulet, thanks! Bonus +200ES.

Brush with death vs exposure is basically nothing. I'd argue the chaos res is better than the 1% ES (already seem to instantly heal while mapping when things die anyway due to flask).

Not sure whether the alternate gems are that worthwhile as you lose area of effect which would slow mapping. Maybe having one for sirus and the like but that's it.

I put in +2aoe gems corrupt in PoB and it did literally zero to my dps. I'm guessing that is a bug in PoB. I'll pick up a corrupted shield but a +skill shavs is out of my budget.

I'll keep an eye out for the %ES belts and rings but prob not going to pick one up at this stage, at least not until last.

alt gems such as discipline - gives 10% increased damage instead of area of effect of discipline
hypo gives -4% cold res instead of chill duration
bone chill 10% increased cold instead of chill duration
etc

there's a whole bunch, check the OP's list

brush with death helps when flasks are down, I run CI so the chaos res is useless to me.
Last edited by Armisal on Oct 18, 2020, 1:51:17 AM
Hrm, I picked up an anomalous bonechill, hypothermia doesn't really seem worth it as the -4% resist only applies if the enemy has been frozen by vortex. Can you even freeze boss type mobs? (only time you need more dps)

Vaal disc seems only other one really worthwhile.
I am trying to roll t1 cold dot multi on this

with frigid fossils.

Craft of exile says it should take about 230 tries but I am at around 1000 with no result (though I did get t2 or lower quite a few times).

T1 cold dot multi requires ilvl 78 and this is ilvl 79, so it should be fine.
What am I missing? Does the fracture change things? Or is this just bad RNG?

Thanks

PS: Craft of exile https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=18&bi=8069&m=fossil&f=|7|&lv=79&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=4&bp=y&as=1&req={%22674%22:{%22l%22:78,%22g%22:1}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}&frc=1
Last edited by _Lathspell_ on Oct 18, 2020, 9:03:50 PM
"
Shaddolf wrote:
Hrm, I picked up an anomalous bonechill, hypothermia doesn't really seem worth it as the -4% resist only applies if the enemy has been frozen by vortex. Can you even freeze boss type mobs? (only time you need more dps)

Vaal disc seems only other one really worthwhile.

Doesn't our ascendency give half a sec of freeze to bosses?

Here's the list from the first page:

Vortex - 20% Cold Damage OR 20% less Skill Effect Duration, 20% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate

Hypothermia - Supported Skills have +20% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled, Enemies Frozen by Supported Skills have -4% to Cold Resistance

Vaal Cold Snap - 20% increased Effect of Chill

Bonechill - Supported skills deal 10% increased Cold Damage, Supported Skills have 10% increased Effect of Chill on Enemies

Orb of Storms - 20% less Skill Effect Duration, 20% increased Cast Speed

Frost Bomb - 10% chance to Freeze enemies, 20% increased Area of Effect

Blasphemy - Supported skills have 2% reduced Mana Reserved

Malevolence - You and nearby allies have 10% increased Skill Effect Duration

Cast When Damage Taken - Supported Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration

Second Wind - Supported Skills have 10% reduced Cooldown Recovery Rate, Supported Non-Instant Skills have +1 Cooldown Use

Vaal Discipline - You and nearby Allies have 10% increased Damage while on Full Energy Shield

Hatred - You and nearby Allies have 20% increased Chill and Freeze Duration

Blood Magic - Supported Skills have 1% reduced Mana Reserved

Clarity - You and nearby Allies have 20% increased Damage while on Full Mana
"
_Lathspell_ wrote:
I am trying to roll t1 cold dot multi on this

with frigid fossils.

Craft of exile says it should take about 230 tries but I am at around 1000 with no result (though I did get t2 or lower quite a few times).

T1 cold dot multi requires ilvl 78 and this is ilvl 79, so it should be fine.
What am I missing? Does the fracture change things? Or is this just bad RNG?

Thanks

PS: Craft of exile https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=18&bi=8069&m=fossil&f=|7|&lv=79&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=4&bp=y&as=1&req={%22674%22:{%22l%22:78,%22g%22:1}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}&frc=1

223 tries gives a confidence of 63.295% which is not great
1000 tries gives a confidence of 98.883% which you are probably damn unlucky or you may have rolled over it?
"
Armisal wrote:

Doesn't our ascendency give half a sec of freeze to bosses?

That's irrelevant - if you look at the wording, it only applies to a freeze that happens from the supported skill, i.e. vortex.
Uhm so i did not know about craft of exile and so i immediately jumped on it now that i know about it.

I bought an amulet hunter redeemer base ilev 83 in order to craft +1 cold +1 int as my final league craft.

How does it come up with 63% at 216 tries?!? ( https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=2&m=alteration&am=aa&i=|5|7|&lv=83&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=4&bp=y&as=1&req={%221698%22:{%22l%22:82,%22g%22:1},%221707%22:{%22l%22:82,%22g%22:1}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={} )

I already spent about 2k alterations on it and i am pretty sure i will never get it but it is a dream i have. Did i use craft of exile wrong?
Mirror of Kalandra count: 0
Last edited by Bragisdottir on Oct 19, 2020, 7:13:21 AM
"
Bragisdottir wrote:
Uhm so i did not know about craft of exile and so i immediately jumped on it now that i know about it.

I bought an amulet hunter redeemer base ilev 83 in order to craft +1 cold +1 int as my final league craft.

How does it come up with 63% at 216 tries?!? ( https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=2&m=alteration&am=aa&i=|5|7|&lv=83&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=4&bp=y&as=1&req={%221698%22:{%22l%22:82,%22g%22:1},%221707%22:{%22l%22:82,%22g%22:1}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={} )

I already spent about 2k alterations on it and i am pretty sure i will never get it but it is a dream i have. Did i use craft of exile wrong?

Read the FAQ, which is really helpful. Alt + aug rolls 1 prefix and 1 suffix. You are trying to roll 2 prefixes.
"
rumpage2 wrote:
"
Bragisdottir wrote:

Read the FAQ, which is really helpful. Alt + aug rolls 1 prefix and 1 suffix. You are trying to roll 2 prefixes.

I didn't even think about that magic item can only have 1pre-1suf ... now i feel stupid. Changing to alt-aug-regal now gives me more realistic numbers of 216000 tries for 63%....don't think i should really try to craft this anymore sadly.
But thank you very much.

I will probably just buy one for 5-10 exalted...which is insanely cheaper than trying to craft one.
Mirror of Kalandra count: 0
Last edited by Bragisdottir on Oct 19, 2020, 7:40:18 AM
I just crafted this

I think about multi modding it with trigger and increased damage over time.
That seems to be a better upgrade then a +1cold +30% cold-dot-multi with some spell damage.

Do you agree that increased damage over time is the ideal craft for the final prefix?

Last edited by Carmion on Oct 19, 2020, 7:53:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info