[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

"
Riviar90 wrote:
Great build. I really like the feel, the speed and the clear. Even with my lacking dps, I still have no big issues clearing red maps very quickly.

But here is the problem. My dps is pretty bad and not at all adequate for dealing with harder bosses. I have most of the essential gear and at the moment am missing mostly some flat dmg jewels and watcher's. The thing is, my dps is really low. Like, 1/60 of finished build. The character still is not finished, but I have most of dps gear on and I would expect to sit at 1/4 expected dps maybe, but not that low. I feel like I am not just missing some extra dmg on gear, an extra arrow and whatnot, but I am making some fundamental mistake somewhere. I even took off almost all gear off your PoB, all jewels and your dps was still more than 6 times that of mine (after I set my gems to 20/20, otherwise it is even worse). Would really appreciate if you were able to take a look and give me some pointers.

By the way, how do you get the extra crit chance? Mine sits at ~50% if I swap crit change gem for inspiration and the only thing I can reasonably add is some ~50% extra global crit chance and hatred crit watcher's. Doesn't seem possible to reach your crit levels with just that.

I keep comparing builds in PoB, but cannot see what would make such huge difference.

Spoiler

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/3XqamJ9H

You seem to be missing some crucial pieces in the build

1) You have damage on full life support on your barrage instead of cold pen support - this might be a huge loss on your ST dps (bosses got increased resistances in 3.9) - I used DOFL support before and my ST was complete garbage, try out cold pen first and see if it helps.

2) You're missing a quiver with +1 arrow and a helm enchant with +1 barrage arrow which should be a huge update

other things:

I've found that taming really really underperforms to what I was expecting. The bosses have huge HP pools, so you're probably not shocking them at all - the mark of the elder + ring with assassins mark on hit significantly outperforms the taming - but expect a lot of pain making up for the resists the taming gives you :(.

EDIT:

I've checked out your tree too - apart from simply missing levels (82 is not that high tbh - you still don't have master fletcher because of that for instance) - you seem to have the build wrong. I'd suggest checking page 69 for a post from Slotmm where he explains a bit about this build and league and why pathing to extra jewel slots he feels is wasteful (he seems to be right imo) and also the reasoning against DOFL and stuff.

Also, green nightmare is pretty useless this league + this build combo - the recommended way to generate frenzy charges is via the quiver craft - green nightmare is on kill (bad for bosses), while the quiver enchant is on crit

With the number of arrows on barrage and my 48% crit I'm at 3 frenzy charges [still have a few levels to do to get more charges in my tree] in like 0.2 seconds against any boss - that's already 12% more damage + 12% more attack speed off the bat, which is A LOT since it's not *added* damage - with more charges I can see people melting everything in under 2 seconds - with my pretty shitty gear I melt most T16 metamorphs in like 5-6 seconds, conquerors on A7 are a joke and even sirius is easy if you get some chaos res.
Last edited by domepro on Jan 25, 2020, 7:57:13 PM
Hey, I've been having a whole lot of fun playing this build, currently easily clearing t16's and i've dumped heaps of currency into my gear. However, I still feel as though im lacking in single target DPS and struggling with siruis really badly. I don't know how to calculate proper DPS in PoB Either. Anyone have some suggestions? And could someone calculate my proper DPS for me? Would be really appreciated. I also like having ice shot with barrage support, so I don't really feel like using normal barrage. Just like the way it feels.

GEAR:
Spoiler

Also have a couple quivers for sale if anybody's interested:
Spoiler

(prices are negotiable)
Last edited by fLaMe303 on Jan 25, 2020, 7:58:42 PM
"
fLaMe303 wrote:
Hey, I've been having a whole lot of fun playing this build, currently easily clearing t16's and i've dumped heaps of currency into my gear. However, I still feel as though im lacking in single target DPS and struggling with siruis really badly. I don't know how to calculate proper DPS in PoB Either. Anyone have some suggestions? And could someone calculate my proper DPS for me? Would be really appreciated. I also like having ice shot with barrage support, so I don't really feel like using normal barrage. Just like the way it feels.

GEAR:
Spoiler

Spoiler

(prices are negotiable)

Barrage setup is like 30% more damage over barrage support ice shot. That alone should help with ST immensely.
Point blank should be second big source of increase of dmg that you missing.
Dual course setup shure look fun, but probably having extra 200-300 life will help survive and do more dmg on bosses.
Read long post from Slottm on page 69. You may find something helpful there.
What a beast build , clears fast , single target as well. For people who are struggling , go raider already . I cant seem to squeeze my HP past 5k atm , if anyone could share that would be awesome.

Spoiler
"
domepro wrote:
"
Riviar90 wrote:
Great build. I really like the feel, the speed and the clear. Even with my lacking dps, I still have no big issues clearing red maps very quickly.

But here is the problem. My dps is pretty bad and not at all adequate for dealing with harder bosses. I have most of the essential gear and at the moment am missing mostly some flat dmg jewels and watcher's. The thing is, my dps is really low. Like, 1/60 of finished build. The character still is not finished, but I have most of dps gear on and I would expect to sit at 1/4 expected dps maybe, but not that low. I feel like I am not just missing some extra dmg on gear, an extra arrow and whatnot, but I am making some fundamental mistake somewhere. I even took off almost all gear off your PoB, all jewels and your dps was still more than 6 times that of mine (after I set my gems to 20/20, otherwise it is even worse). Would really appreciate if you were able to take a look and give me some pointers.

By the way, how do you get the extra crit chance? Mine sits at ~50% if I swap crit change gem for inspiration and the only thing I can reasonably add is some ~50% extra global crit chance and hatred crit watcher's. Doesn't seem possible to reach your crit levels with just that.

I keep comparing builds in PoB, but cannot see what would make such huge difference.

Spoiler

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/3XqamJ9H

You seem to be missing some crucial pieces in the build

1) You have damage on full life support on your barrage instead of cold pen support - this might be a huge loss on your ST dps (bosses got increased resistances in 3.9) - I used DOFL support before and my ST was complete garbage, try out cold pen first and see if it helps.

2) You're missing a quiver with +1 arrow and a helm enchant with +1 barrage arrow which should be a huge update

other things:

I've found that taming really really underperforms to what I was expecting. The bosses have huge HP pools, so you're probably not shocking them at all - the mark of the elder + ring with assassins mark on hit significantly outperforms the taming - but expect a lot of pain making up for the resists the taming gives you :(.

EDIT:

I've checked out your tree too - apart from simply missing levels (82 is not that high tbh - you still don't have master fletcher because of that for instance) - you seem to have the build wrong. I'd suggest checking page 69 for a post from Slotmm where he explains a bit about this build and league and why pathing to extra jewel slots he feels is wasteful (he seems to be right imo) and also the reasoning against DOFL and stuff.

Also, green nightmare is pretty useless this league + this build combo - the recommended way to generate frenzy charges is via the quiver craft - green nightmare is on kill (bad for bosses), while the quiver enchant is on crit

With the number of arrows on barrage and my 48% crit I'm at 3 frenzy charges [still have a few levels to do to get more charges in my tree] in like 0.2 seconds against any boss - that's already 12% more damage + 12% more attack speed off the bat, which is A LOT since it's not *added* damage - with more charges I can see people melting everything in under 2 seconds - with my pretty shitty gear I melt most T16 metamorphs in like 5-6 seconds, conquerors on A7 are a joke and even sirius is easy if you get some chaos res.

Thanks a lot :) Good points. I already switched cold pen in at some point, but completely forgot about master fletcher lol. I was not looking at that part of the tree at all for a while.
I checked out page 69 and the changes Slotmm suggested seem really solid. I still do not see myself reaching similar levels of dps or hp, but hey, I will do my best and try. I just hope I won't feed it all my currency and still stay in limbo where I clear well but cannot boss correctly.
"
Striphor wrote:
"
fLaMe303 wrote:

GEAR:
Spoiler

Spoiler

(prices are negotiable)

Barrage setup is like 30% more damage over barrage support ice shot. That alone should help with ST immensely.
Dual course setup shure look fun, but probably having extra 200-300 life will help survive and do more dmg on bosses.

Alright, i just changed to normal barrage and holy moly it feels really good compared to when leveling ahahaha, However i dont understand how getting rid of my double curses will give me 200-300 more life? Next level i will spec into point blank too maybe
"
fLaMe303 wrote:
"
Striphor wrote:
"
fLaMe303 wrote:

GEAR:
Spoiler

Spoiler

(prices are negotiable)

Alright, i just changed to normal barrage and holy moly it feels really good compared to when leveling ahahaha, However i dont understand how getting rid of my double curses will give me 200-300 more life? Next level i will spec into point blank too maybe
You can get 200-300 more hp by anointing constitution or discipline and training. But in that case your ring gona screw up curses.
you
Awesome build guide. I followed it to an extent. Had loads of currency and decided to dedicate it all to an ice shot build. I delete t16 metamorphs,conquerors, and and zoom through maps.

So guys, I optimized my gear quite a bit now. The bow has 26 quality (I did it myself), the boots have a good life roll + a nice implicit and my last upgrade were the new shackles with an elemental weakness implicit. Totally out of currency now.
Prices in standard are crazy. Often people don't put prices on their items and when you write them and offer 10ex (which is all I had), they are like "nice try bro, that's at least 150ex..." with items listed for over 9 months. but once in a while you find people that are nice and will charge fair prices.
My clearspeed is awesome but bosses are pita, since most of them have multiple phases causing my headhunter buffs to run out and the freeze effect often even prolongs the immunity phases, which is quite annoying.
Also with only 3.8k life my raider is quite squishy,so most of the time I am actually switching my char before the boss fight to my good old and tanky essence drain trickster.
I might save up some currency for an alternative setup for this char (without headhunter, selfcurse, etc.) to make it more appropiate for harder boss fights with a stygian belt, barrage enchant in helmet, rare boots and gloves, etc.
Anyway, here is my current gear:
"
RaveHeart1985 wrote:
So guys, I optimized my gear quite a bit now. The bow has 26 quality (I did it myself), the boots have a good life roll + a nice implicit and my last upgrade were the new shackles with an elemental weakness implicit. Totally out of currency now.
Prices in standard are crazy. Often people don't put prices on their items and when you write them and offer 10ex (which is all I had), they are like "nice try bro, that's at least 150ex..." with items listed for over 9 months. but once in a while you find people that are nice and will charge fair prices.
My clearspeed is awesome but bosses are pita, since most of them have multiple phases causing my headhunter buffs to run out and the freeze effect often even prolongs the immunity phases, which is quite annoying.
Also with only 3.8k life my raider is quite squishy,so most of the time I am actually switching my char before the boss fight to my good old and tanky essence drain trickster.
I might save up some currency for an alternative setup for this char (without headhunter, selfcurse, etc.) to make it more appropiate for harder boss fights with a stygian belt, barrage enchant in helmet, rare boots and gloves, etc.
Anyway, here is my current gear:

I switched from temp chains self curse to the gear I have now and it’s so much better as you don’t have to stress about losing buffs before boss fights and get inconsistencies . I still use HH and my single target kills t16 metas and conquers <3 seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info