[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

Hi all,

What are the advantages/disadvantages of running a Farrul's Fur over a Hyrri's Ire?
Which is better for our build, aspect of spider or cat?
"
Riviar90 wrote:
"
domepro wrote:
"
Riviar90 wrote:
Great build. I really like the feel, the speed and the clear. Even with my lacking dps, I still have no big issues clearing red maps very quickly.

But here is the problem. My dps is pretty bad and not at all adequate for dealing with harder bosses. I have most of the essential gear and at the moment am missing mostly some flat dmg jewels and watcher's. The thing is, my dps is really low. Like, 1/60 of finished build. The character still is not finished, but I have most of dps gear on and I would expect to sit at 1/4 expected dps maybe, but not that low. I feel like I am not just missing some extra dmg on gear, an extra arrow and whatnot, but I am making some fundamental mistake somewhere. I even took off almost all gear off your PoB, all jewels and your dps was still more than 6 times that of mine (after I set my gems to 20/20, otherwise it is even worse). Would really appreciate if you were able to take a look and give me some pointers.

By the way, how do you get the extra crit chance? Mine sits at ~50% if I swap crit change gem for inspiration and the only thing I can reasonably add is some ~50% extra global crit chance and hatred crit watcher's. Doesn't seem possible to reach your crit levels with just that.

I keep comparing builds in PoB, but cannot see what would make such huge difference.

Spoiler

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/3XqamJ9H

You seem to be missing some crucial pieces in the build

1) You have damage on full life support on your barrage instead of cold pen support - this might be a huge loss on your ST dps (bosses got increased resistances in 3.9) - I used DOFL support before and my ST was complete garbage, try out cold pen first and see if it helps.

2) You're missing a quiver with +1 arrow and a helm enchant with +1 barrage arrow which should be a huge update

other things:

I've found that taming really really underperforms to what I was expecting. The bosses have huge HP pools, so you're probably not shocking them at all - the mark of the elder + ring with assassins mark on hit significantly outperforms the taming - but expect a lot of pain making up for the resists the taming gives you :(.

EDIT:

I've checked out your tree too - apart from simply missing levels (82 is not that high tbh - you still don't have master fletcher because of that for instance) - you seem to have the build wrong. I'd suggest checking page 69 for a post from Slotmm where he explains a bit about this build and league and why pathing to extra jewel slots he feels is wasteful (he seems to be right imo) and also the reasoning against DOFL and stuff.

Also, green nightmare is pretty useless this league + this build combo - the recommended way to generate frenzy charges is via the quiver craft - green nightmare is on kill (bad for bosses), while the quiver enchant is on crit

With the number of arrows on barrage and my 48% crit I'm at 3 frenzy charges [still have a few levels to do to get more charges in my tree] in like 0.2 seconds against any boss - that's already 12% more damage + 12% more attack speed off the bat, which is A LOT since it's not *added* damage - with more charges I can see people melting everything in under 2 seconds - with my pretty shitty gear I melt most T16 metamorphs in like 5-6 seconds, conquerors on A7 are a joke and even sirius is easy if you get some chaos res.

Thanks a lot :) Good points. I already switched cold pen in at some point, but completely forgot about master fletcher lol. I was not looking at that part of the tree at all for a while.
I checked out page 69 and the changes Slotmm suggested seem really solid. I still do not see myself reaching similar levels of dps or hp, but hey, I will do my best and try. I just hope I won't feed it all my currency and still stay in limbo where I clear well but cannot boss correctly.

Poor-dps-guy here. Thanks again for tips, it really helped a ton. My current build is here: https://pastebin.com/6HU9NRwM (added some extra levels to get some better idea of future dps), sitting at 1,5kk barrage dps. Still far from being comfortable against conquerors or the nastier metamorphs, but it feels much better than before.

So as you can see, it is still far away from the 9kk I hope to have at some point :D I keep comparing with the original build here, and I made a small experiment. I removed ALL of the equipment from it, leaving only bow, flasks and skills. And... it has almost the same dps with nothing on the character as I do with full build. There... has to be something wrong with it, right? Here is link to PoB with naked version of original build: https://pastebin.com/eTWFubKX with 1,2kk barrage dps.
Where would 20ex land this build?? Could I have a pretty good clear and run going on? I've gathered this can be a league starter but I find myself a little bit past that.
im trying this build but seem like i need dps. dose this build scale with lvl ?

https://pastebin.com/EFFWBiKM could u take a look and tell me what could be better?
I started off playing lightning arrow, but decided to switch to ice shot and follow this guide. My single target DPS feels pretty low, but my clear feels amazing.

https://pastebin.com/3QDtYdZw

Can you give it a look and tell me what direction you'd go in? ( i know some of my jewels are pretty bad so thats a start).

my gear so far, anything to improve?

i miss the prismatic jewel still but i need to get 2 levels to get the extra slot on tree.

thanks in advance
"
Riviar90 wrote:

So as you can see, it is still far away from the 9kk I hope to have at some point :D I keep comparing with the original build here, and I made a small experiment. I removed ALL of the equipment from it, leaving only bow, flasks and skills. And... it has almost the same dps with nothing on the character as I do with full build. There... has to be something wrong with it, right? Here is link to PoB with naked version of original build: https://pastebin.com/eTWFubKX with 1,2kk barrage dps.

I have not checked your build, I'm at work

You need to mess with the configuration a bit, the naked 1.2kk barrage has:

1) [Items] - All flasks marked as active
2) [Configuration] - turn on tailwind, frenzy charges, power charges (assassins mark), inspiration charges, used movement skill recently, used skill recently, enemy is ignited, enemy is chilled, enemy is shocked
& boss type shaper/guardian

Those should be also enabled in your pob if you want to compare it to this one.

I personally (when I'm looking at my dps) don't turn on shocked since I have barely any lightning damage so I don't think I'm actually shocking bosses.

EDIT:

I managed to catch a few min, your self buffs were on point, but boss debuffs werent - setting chilled/ignited/shocked so it's a fair comparison nets you right over the 3mil DPS mark

putting additional arrow on bow attacks on your quiver puts you a bit over 3.3 mil, speccing into fast & deadly (at that point you have enough arrows without the ascendancy talent) gets you over 3.4 mil, using cinderswallow urn instead of atziri's promise gets you at 3.75 mil.

After that - for instance I have (quald) 50% elemental damage with attacks on my amulet, attack speed on gloves and after that it gets to the very-expensive land I think - damage per frenzy charge on a good amulet, +1 frenzy charge corrupt on gloves etc
Last edited by domepro on Jan 28, 2020, 7:00:51 AM
"
tokajero wrote:

my gear so far, anything to improve?

i miss the prismatic jewel still but i need to get 2 levels to get the extra slot on tree.

thanks in advance

barrage enchant on helm that you're missing is the first thing that stands out to me.
"
sejintsume wrote:
Where would 20ex land this build?? Could I have a pretty good clear and run going on? I've gathered this can be a league starter but I find myself a little bit past that.

I'd imagine 20ex you could do everything with, even though some things might be a bit annoying/hard like vaaled juiced T16 metamorphs and A8 Sirus (unless you have a lot of exp doing Sirus on a relatively squishy char)

I've failed A8 Sirus twice in a row now - but that's because I'm a garbage player and get offscreened in last phase and then annoyed and triggered by getting offscreened going back to the fight in the last phase, not because it's undoable. I did him on A6 pretty easy when I didn't fuck up in the last phase with about 20ex invested, in the meantime I went for a bit more damage and specced out of like 3-4 life nodes which I'll spec back into before doing him next time :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info