[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

Yeah, I saw the empty sockets in you claw and realized after I posted that it was probably for the blasphemy/despair.

Two things I forgot:

-Added chaos damage craft on jewellery is really powerful, if you can find some rings with open prefixes, go for it.
-PoB doesn't use the 60% chance for poisons to deal 100% more damage, replace it with "60% more Damage over Time" instead, it may be a reason why your PoB dps is so low.
Last edited by Frugalité on Jan 8, 2020, 7:43:59 AM
@Frugalité,

Oh, I didnt know that PoB does not use the 60% chance for poisons to deal 100% more damage line. But even so, why is the Total DPS inc. Poison line so high for the PoB that was provided in the guide? Its like about 20 Million DPS in that PoB, I have been playing around with the items and skills but I still don't really know what is contributing so much damage. Is it the claw that is contributing all those damage?
Last edited by Bobbbbbbbbbb on Jan 8, 2020, 9:35:51 AM
It's 20M dps on white mobs, which is irrelevant. On shaper, it's actually 7M.

It's also fully boosted which never happens in reality. He ticked frenzy charges and onslaught, but rotgut removes frenzy charges for instance. It's also rare to have all 4 flasks and vaal haste.

He also cheats by ticking ennemy is shocked, inceasing damage taken by 50%. Skitterbot only increases it by 15%. I also think he has a 11% more damage modifier for culling strike, which is absolutely wrong. Our damage is not linear with time thanks to ambush and assassinate and the poison duration depending on the number of poisons applied.

He's got also 10 withered stacks, without wither totem, he needs to attacks around 3 seconds without moving, not practical against most bosses.

His gear is also really good, the claw can not be crafted anymore, he has a 16% increased as if kill recently and a 16% increased as devoto's, these little things add up, but then again, he won't have a recent kill against stuff like sirus.

But he also really underestimates the number of poisons applied recently and the fact that venom gyre hits twice. Dps on white mobs is completely irrelevant, and 7M on shaper practically impossible to reach as you need all yout buffs at once and hit for some time. But PoB dps baiting is common on many build guides and it's still a really good one with enough dps and flexibility to do all contents and map mods.

And yes your claw could be upgraded. It only has 108 pdps (150 dps), and we have a lot of phys as extra chaos with atziri's promise and sin's rebirth. Those two only give you 50 base chaos damage with your claw, that is way too low. Replacing the atziri one with a sulphur flask of acceleration (40% inc damage, 12% inc attack speed) would give you more damage.
Last edited by Frugalité on Jan 8, 2020, 10:37:26 AM
@Frugalité,

Oh I see, am relatively new to the game, and thus, I am just following the build guide strictly without really thinking much. After you explained about what he did in the PoB, I finally understood why his DPS is so high. Thanks! <3
Whats everyones heath at?

Feels like I can hit 4k but hitting 5k is going to be hard it seems.
I am thinking of trying ssf for the first time, is this build ssf viable?
"
NLe wrote:

think im sitting at around 4.8k atm
"
Skabbsork wrote:
"
NLe wrote:

think im sitting at around 4.8k atm

=(

Can't see your Characters.
"
NLe wrote:

I'm at ~4.8k too with missing health nodes (compared to his build), but I plan to take only damage nodes with my last points. If I get hit, it's usually a 1 shot regardless of whether or not I'm at 4 or 5k hp at this point.
How would wither with totem support be on this build?
Thinking about replacing plague bearer with this and then using the +40% venom gyre dmg helmet enchant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info