[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

"
Alisza wrote:
I played this build and it makes so much fun. Right now I am using The Wasp Nest until I can craft this claw.

I try to read all the comments here, but I don't find an answer to my question:
In PoB the Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel is only rare. If I search for it all I found is the unique one. How is it possible? I know that these timeless jewels changes the passives skills, but how do I know what is best? For example: Is Akhara of Nasima better than Akhara of Asenath?

1) Historical Jewels , like Restraint, come in so many variants that it is unknown to us what each do. So people buy any gems, put it in their tree and manually add up the bonuses and put them into POB. This is why you see them as rare.
2) If you have Restraint and you are not happy with what it does, you can sell it and buy another one, just not the same number or you can use the Divine orb, to re-roll it to a different number.
3) You should place Restraint on the right of the tree as in a guide. You will not get any major node change if I'm not mistaken.
-snip Sirrianna explained it-
Last edited by Edvinas108 on Jan 6, 2020, 5:50:34 PM
I hit lvl 94 with this build and have really enjoyed league starting with it.

Im using a 310 Phy Dps Hunter claw that I crafted with corrosive fossils. This claw with Ahn's Heritage shield and the 2 jewel slot endurance combination for perm onslaught (amazing quality of life), max 3% ele res, 100 life and block has been working well this league.

Currently at awakener LVL 7, Speed clears everything well besides Sirus.

5k+ Life, some es
PZN's inflicted deal damage 47% faster total
(Nodes 20% - Watchers Eye 13% - Hunter mod on claw 14%)
Hitting for several million depending on the duration of the fight, if GMP is used or single target gem, Plague Bearer DPS, wither stacks, ect.

Using Thread of Hope Jewel (-12% all resists) to save roughly ~12 Talent Points!!

My Path of Building cant properly allocate the nodes from the Thread of Hope, so the POB listed is missing several notables and no 100% more pzn fossil mod, helm life = dmg mod, ect on current version PoB w/o self-edits.

https://pastebin.com/xnWmEYqm

Last edited by CBR500 on Jan 7, 2020, 8:46:52 AM
I love the build so far. Well rounded character with a very decent clear speed, can do all contents and works well as a league starter, just have to get a wasp nest.

Here is my current gear:

I still need to optimize my gems, and do a few improvements:

-Upgrade rings and jewels
-Divine, craft the +130% phys damage and 30% corrupt the claw
-Get some awakaned gem, optimize the gem setup

A few observations and comments about it:

-With the new gems, awkened chaos damage might be better than vicious projectiles
-For flasks, i find anti-curse mandatory, so I'll probably switch the rotgut with a warding quicksilver and equip a sin's rebirth. I'm not playing with bloodrage though, if I can generate frenzy charge rotgut could be better.
-I really like the wither totem setup, our helm enchant is not enough to apply max stacks. It also gives something to do waiting for the boss encounter to start
-I don't see the point of plague bearer. 12% of 1M is 120k dps which doesn't feel needed at all. Asenath's gloves and the whirling blade interaction are enough for me to dash into any pack without worrying
- +1 gems voidwalker are cheap, I'll try to use a enlighten/malevolence/skitterbot/HoAg setup which will reserve 84% of my mana, but that may be too high
- With the resistance up, and the lack of chaos penetration, the -9% chaos resistance fossil is really strong. Throw a few pristines and abberrants on a helmet with the enchantment and you'll get a cheap and almost BiS item.

I also saw that some people had trouble with PoB, make sure to enable wither from the helm enchant and set the correct number of poisons applied recently as well as the total number of poisons. You should get around 6-10 aps, so that's at 48-80 poisons applied. Remember that venom gyre hits twice, the 2nd hit with 75% less damage. That's a 25% more modifier and doubles your poisons stacks.
So, quick question. It appears that if I am running Haste and Malevolence that is 100% mana reserved? I have read up and down the guide and I am sure I am just missing something silly. Any help? :)
"
Obiekabie wrote:
So, quick question. It appears that if I am running Haste and Malevolence that is 100% mana reserved? I have read up and down the guide and I am sure I am just missing something silly. Any help? :)

Vaal Haste only, not regular Haste.
"
EClara wrote:
"
Obiekabie wrote:

Vaal Haste only, not regular Haste.

Oh, so were not using the aura of haste, just the vaal CD part of it?
Hey guys, I've just reached level 92 and here is my current setup:

What are some possible upgrades? Would appreciate it if anyone could help me out as when I import my build into POB, the damage seems low as compared to the one given in the guide.
"
Bobbbbbbbbbb wrote:

What are some possible upgrades? Would appreciate it if anyone could help me out as when I import my build into POB, the damage seems low as compared to the one given in the guide.

Quoting myself 3 posts above:

"
Frugalité wrote:

A few observations and comments about it:

-With the new gems, awkened chaos damage might be better than vicious projectiles
-For flasks, i find anti-curse mandatory, so I'll probably switch the rotgut with a warding quicksilver and equip a sin's rebirth. I'm not playing with bloodrage though, if I can generate frenzy charge rotgut could be better.
-I really like the wither totem setup, our helm enchant is not enough to apply max stacks. It also gives something to do waiting for the boss encounter to start
-I don't see the point of plague bearer. 12% of 1M is 120k dps which doesn't feel needed at all. Asenath's gloves and the whirling blade interaction are enough for me to dash into any pack without worrying
- +1 gems voidwalker are cheap, I'll try to use a enlighten/malevolence/skitterbot/HoAg setup which will reserve 84% of my mana, but that may be too high
- With the resistance up, and the lack of chaos penetration, the -9% chaos resistance fossil is really strong. Throw a few pristines and abberrants on a helmet with the enchantment and you'll get a cheap and almost BiS item.

I also saw that some people had trouble with PoB, make sure to enable wither from the helm enchant and set the correct number of poisons applied recently as well as the total number of poisons. You should get around 6-10 aps, so that's at 48-80 poisons applied. Remember that venom gyre hits twice, the 2nd hit with 75% less damage. That's a 25% more modifier and doubles your poisons stacks.

I took a look at yout character on PoB, the most obvious thing is that you forgot to add despair. Considering you're using Impresence, that's reaaally stupid. 25% more dps.
The best upgrade is to switch vicious projectile with awakened added chaos. That's 50% more damage considering that your claw had really low base damage but high attack speed.
I'd also upgrade my jewellry, your chance to hit is around 94%, with a T1 accuracy ring you'll reach 100% and gain 10% more dps.
Last, if you feel like your damage is too low, consider a wither totem setup. I don't find plague bearer useful, so maybe use a 3L with multiple totem support.

Also your claw is nice, but the base damage is really slow, if you have 10-20ex to spare, upgrade that, but do it last.
@Frugalité,

For the despair part, I took it out previously and forgot to put it back. My bad, but ill try to get my hands on a awakened added chaos and replace it with my vicious projectile gem. Also, ill try out some of the points that you have stated

Thank you for spending your time to help me find out whats wrong with my character! <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info