Day 27 of Blight - Are you going to increase map drop rates or not? - Still Waiting!

One effect of Legion that you have to accept is that the loot was too plentiful. The blow-back of that is that leagues like Blight, which are maybe a bit too sparse, are shunned. Scaling back to a more lean game should be done in much smaller steps.
The real question is when is this game coming out of open beta?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Leagues have always had the stated explicit purpose of testing new material. Your "open beta" nonsense just shows that you don't understand the game you're criticizing.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Leagues have always had the stated explicit purpose of testing new material. Your "open beta" nonsense just shows that you don't understand the game you're criticizing.

I thought that's what QA testers are for?

Are we the QA team now? If so, where's our check?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 27, 2019, 7:53:07 AM
Blight loot is fine in my opinion.
Map drop rates are shite.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
Blight loot is fine in my opinion.
Map drop rates are shite.

This.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Tbh I do not like the rewards from blighted maps. Even with Oils its just really rng based and more bad than good or even worth the price of the map. I am selling the red blighted maps and only run yellow ones.
Waiting for Flashback :(
"
Mekrat wrote:
Tbh I do not like the rewards from blighted maps. Even with Oils its just really rng based

I likened the oils to essence league if 99% of the essences you get are whispering. I sold my entire stash earlier for upgrades (left 10 of each) and got 2 blue oils out of it.

I get so tired of buying other peoples league luck, i've done more than enough league content to justify at least a silver their system is absolute shit this time, entirely because of the drop rate. I'm expecting the next league to have fragments for fragments and when you've put them together and right click for 1/100 chance of a desirable outcome, the other 99 it disappears.

The only league content they've ever had with the acquisiton issues that high end oils have is delve with, Aul frequently being impossible to encounter. Ironically I think it'd be considerably easier this league to find an Aul than get a golden oil lmao
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

That escalated quickly...

It's not about testing new stuff. Totally fine with that. It's about technical bugs and other stuff that feel like beta (if only). There is a huge difference between trying out new stuff on a stable basis or putting in stuff that totally fucks up core-elements of the game. If you think that the state of the game after nearly every league-release is fine and intended you don't understand the topic you are talking about.

This game is out of the "4 people working on an indie title" phase for years. Don't treat it like that. It does not help. Anybody.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Sep 27, 2019, 9:57:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info