[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

hello i posted before but it has been busy on the forums tonight, i understand it may be difficult to answer all question and appreciate the effort you are putting into the guide and helping people.

However if it all possible could someone check my current gear out as it is now and suggest immediate upgrades? im starting to get to t10 maps, i know still rather early but just curious what to look at upgrading in the immediate future

thanks
"
Resouled wrote:
Build works pretty well so far but I have a few issues, adjusted mine a little based on the gear I was able to get. https://pastebin.com/4CQUesRD

Im doing t14-16 maps atm and sometimes my flicker runs out of mana and stops because mobs can get a bit tankier. I do have 100% hit chance and some life/mana leech.

Double strike has very short range and with the lions roar flask knocking them back its actually really tough keeping my dps on on them. Any ideas?

Bosses in general are the only thing that kills me. Even with totems, vaal double strike and all flasks up they tend to be rather tanky. And sometimes I can't sustain enough through leech to survive. Any ideas how to solve this?

Generally build works well, clear is great, just the bossing is still meh for me. Definitely have worse gear than you though.

You have a pretty unique set up. Your tree is different, gear is different, and you're using different gems and links. All that said, your gear isn't terrible, but if you get it closer to what I've laid out in the guide, you will fair better. Bosses should be pretty easy. You're using 2 kind of totems with multi totem support, that's too many buttons to hit when you want to burst bosses quickly. Also, your jewels in your tree are not 3 stat (speed, multi, life), so they can be improved greatly. The only thing better than attack speed on a jewel is having 2 multi stats. Anything else is nearly worthless.
"
Chinkyfam wrote:
hello i posted before but it has been busy on the forums tonight, i understand it may be difficult to answer all question and appreciate the effort you are putting into the guide and helping people.

However if it all possible could someone check my current gear out as it is now and suggest immediate upgrades? im starting to get to t10 maps, i know still rather early but just curious what to look at upgrading in the immediate future

thanks

You will want to replace your amulet with a regular one, as you will want to anoint it. Search for amulets that are uncorrupted. You are missing lots of accuracy. You'll also want to get a stygian vise soon with as much life/resists on it as you can get. Keep watching for better swords, too. I have 7 trade windows up at a time watching for both big and small upgrades.
https://pastebin.com/s74TZkqR I'm gonna get a 5-link belly to help with getting more life, what should my next couple upgrades be?
Last edited by Diablo3Refugee on Mar 25, 2020, 8:12:54 PM
Just crafted these! Best thing I have ever crafted. Tailwind boots were 100c, Fortify boots were 10, Awakener Orb was 385. 495c total spent. Got lucky with the two big res rolls.

Had to share, I am so psyched with these :D
"
roguemjb wrote:
Just crafted these! Best thing I have ever crafted. Tailwind boots were 100c, Fortify boots were 10, Awakener Orb was 385. 495c total spent. Got lucky with the two big res rolls.

Had to share, I am so psyched with these :D

Nice. I can't wait to roll increased rarity and reduced attribute suffixes on mine.
hi, im already lv 87 but my dps is way too low (140k) ive follow your tree so i dont know what im doing wrong. It will be really helpful if you could give me some advice.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Resouled wrote:
Build works pretty well so far but I have a few issues, adjusted mine a little based on the gear I was able to get. https://pastebin.com/4CQUesRD

Im doing t14-16 maps atm and sometimes my flicker runs out of mana and stops because mobs can get a bit tankier. I do have 100% hit chance and some life/mana leech.

Double strike has very short range and with the lions roar flask knocking them back its actually really tough keeping my dps on on them. Any ideas?

Bosses in general are the only thing that kills me. Even with totems, vaal double strike and all flasks up they tend to be rather tanky. And sometimes I can't sustain enough through leech to survive. Any ideas how to solve this?

Generally build works well, clear is great, just the bossing is still meh for me. Definitely have worse gear than you though.

You have a pretty unique set up. Your tree is different, gear is different, and you're using different gems and links. All that said, your gear isn't terrible, but if you get it closer to what I've laid out in the guide, you will fair better. Bosses should be pretty easy. You're using 2 kind of totems with multi totem support, that's too many buttons to hit when you want to burst bosses quickly. Also, your jewels in your tree are not 3 stat (speed, multi, life), so they can be improved greatly. The only thing better than attack speed on a jewel is having 2 multi stats. Anything else is nearly worthless.

My jewels were still outdated from an older build. Updated them now. I was unable to find a good pair of strike gloves and getting att speed + phys on gloves actually netted lower DPS than the shapers. Shapers giving me more life too so just rolling with those for now. The rest is pretty much the same as your build, no? Just a bit more budget, stuff is expensive haha.

What would you suggest I focus on gear wise for now? Im thinking a watchers eye but not sure.
Spoiler
"
Resouled wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Resouled wrote:

My jewels were still outdated from an older build. Updated them now. I was unable to find a good pair of strike gloves and getting att speed + phys on gloves actually netted lower DPS than the shapers. Shapers giving me more life too so just rolling with those for now. The rest is pretty much the same as your build, no? Just a bit more budget, stuff is expensive haha.

What would you suggest I focus on gear wise for now? Im thinking a watchers eye but not sure.

Don't worry about the watcher's eye yet, it's very expensive (10 ex now) and is last priority. You are totally missing accuracy from your gear yet, which will make your hit % super low, which is a massive loss to dps. The best place to get accuracy is on rings and gloves. Unless you want to replace your Shaper ring, then you will probably need to ditch your gloves. Your amulet needs phys damage and multi, but since you're missing resists from other gear, you've gotten res on your amulet instead. Consider a res roll on your amulet to be a luxury stat. Reists should be covered elsewhere. Honed Edge is helping you with accuracy, but Strong Arm is better once you get accuracy on your gear properly. It'll get there, just upgrade as you go, farm those ex :)
"
dotaplayer23 wrote:
hi, im already lv 87 but my dps is way too low (140k) ive follow your tree so i dont know what im doing wrong. It will be really helpful if you could give me some advice.

I'm sure it's more than 140k, but you do have some opportunities. Getting better physical damage on gear, and replacing your swords will be huge. When sword shopping, you should look for at least 25% multiplier, and 5.5% crit chance. Corsairs are almost never an upgrade over a foil, unless your accuracy is low. Of course getting a 6 link will help. On your tree, I see you took Weapon Artistry and are about to take Aspect of the Panther. Regret those, I said in the guide to take those dead last. Go back and get Sleight of Hand at the shadow start and another 5% life node. And one of your jewels is not worth using. I don't bother with a jewel unless it at least has multiplier and life, it MUST have those two stats to be even worth the passive point. I'd replace one or both of those jewels. Replace your swords with foils, then get an accuracy roll on a ring to fix your hit chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info