[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
Skyice571 wrote:
Ive got this far and i'm kinda lost on what upgrades to work toward next. better swords? 6link belly? I'd appreciate some kind of future goals i should aim for.

In yellow maps going for completion, so far this build is the most fun ive had. The feeling of pressing flicker and everything dieing or just bursting a boss is amazing.

Cheers.

You should upgrade the weapons next, but you need to fix your gear first. You only have 188 accuracy on all of your gear, which means if you try to move to Foils, your hit-chance will plummet along with your DPS.

Trying to be at 100% hit is also super important for this build because if you Flicker and miss, you aren't going to mana leech and you definitely won't generate Frenzy charges. This is going to leave you in an awkward situation where you are in the middle of 100 angry monsters and you have to hope you can get out before you melt.

There's nothing worse than cruising along and then suddenly missing, coming to a screeching halt, and then instantly getting dunked on by some Delirium rare on steroids deep in the fog.
Last edited by Verdale on Mar 25, 2020, 3:53:46 PM
I'm in a pickle here, we have pretty comparable builds but somehow i only have 1.2m DPS in PoB while you got 5M, weird. :P I miss Watchers eye and got slightly worse DPS on my weapons, but that should not bring 4M difference. Also, wont picking tribal fury lose alot of single target DPS since ambidexterity is pretty good?
https://pastebin.com/FfDN65K9
Last edited by HeikKiii on Mar 25, 2020, 4:32:29 PM
Hi, another day, other questions.

1) What do you think of Vaal Pact? Worth to take it or not?
2) How bad/memey of an idea is Abyssus on this build? It would add some ridiculous levels of damage but the increased physical damage taken seems like an extremely bad idea lol

Finally, I got lucky and found some rare loot and I now have 10 ex to spend on things, does anyone have any suggestions as to what my next upgrade would be?
Here is my gear :
Build works pretty well so far but I have a few issues, adjusted mine a little based on the gear I was able to get. https://pastebin.com/4CQUesRD

Im doing t14-16 maps atm and sometimes my flicker runs out of mana and stops because mobs can get a bit tankier. I do have 100% hit chance and some life/mana leech.

Double strike has very short range and with the lions roar flask knocking them back its actually really tough keeping my dps on on them. Any ideas?

Bosses in general are the only thing that kills me. Even with totems, vaal double strike and all flasks up they tend to be rather tanky. And sometimes I can't sustain enough through leech to survive. Any ideas how to solve this?

Generally build works well, clear is great, just the bossing is still meh for me. Definitely have worse gear than you though.
Last edited by Resouled on Mar 25, 2020, 4:50:12 PM
"
Verdale wrote:
"
Skyice571 wrote:
Ive got this far and i'm kinda lost on what upgrades to work toward next. better swords? 6link belly? I'd appreciate some kind of future goals i should aim for.

In yellow maps going for completion, so far this build is the most fun ive had. The feeling of pressing flicker and everything dieing or just bursting a boss is amazing.

Cheers.

You should upgrade the weapons next, but you need to fix your gear first. You only have 188 accuracy on all of your gear, which means if you try to move to Foils, your hit-chance will plummet along with your DPS.

Trying to be at 100% hit is also super important for this build because if you Flicker and miss, you aren't going to mana leech and you definitely won't generate Frenzy charges. This is going to leave you in an awkward situation where you are in the middle of 100 angry monsters and you have to hope you can get out before you melt.

There's nothing worse than cruising along and then suddenly missing, coming to a screeching halt, and then instantly getting dunked on by some Delirium rare on steroids deep in the fog.

Hmm fair enough. What would be the worst piece/s?
"
Hülooooğğ wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Hülooooğğ wrote:
Hi, My english is a some bad.

İ need help.
I'm dying immediately

I can't do life leech.
Should I use Life leech support?

I will be very happy if you are interested.

Pls look my character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/H%C3%BCloooo%C4%9F%C4%9F/characters

You'll have to explain what you mean by can't life leech. I don't see why not. Your gear is decent, but you need more life on gear, you shouldn't even search for gear with less than 50. Your jewels are the opposite, they have decent life rolls but lousy other stats. Resists should not be taken on jewels, you should get resists on gear so you can have crit multi on jewels instead.

now
what should be in my jewelery?

which items should i change

and what stats should these items have?

I apologize for my rudeness. I'm using google translate

my character final version
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/H%C3%BCloooo%C4%9F%C4%9F/characters

Pls look :(

Try to get higher life and physical damage on your jewelry, and get 2 pieces with 400+ accuracy. Your gloves are also missing life. Life is the most important stat, then resists, then your damage stats like phys damage and accuracy.
"
Damien12222 wrote:
I'm feeling pretty squishy when doing t8+ maps. Obviously I'm underleveled but I was wondering where i could make changes for tankiness.

I have a vermilion ring wigh +7% life for when im 80. Other then jewels for when I Level up im struggling to see how I can adjust my gear for tankiness.

Any advice would be appreciated

Apologies for double post meant to edit

One ring is missing life and your belt could get a lot more. Just leveling will also get you more life.
"
VRCEEEEE wrote:
Hi what do you think how i should try building the champion variant of this build. Use Pride instead of hatred? Impale vs Close combat? I wanna try coz i feel like champ is easier tand cheaper to build. Its not like i have problems atm clearing but i die too much maybe champs tankiness will help me. also do i follow the same tree?

PS i love the build but i wanna try it out since its probably the same gear anyway and can just switch back to assassin if i dont like champ. Im sure champ might not be as fast as assassin but oh well

Champion with Impale will work fine, let me know how you like it vs Assassin. You'll still use Hatred. Impale as well, but close combat should stay. You could remove Ruthless.
"
HeikKiii wrote:
I'm in a pickle here, we have pretty comparable builds but somehow i only have 1.2m DPS in PoB while you got 5M, weird. :P I miss Watchers eye and got slightly worse DPS on my weapons, but that should not bring 4M difference. Also, wont picking tribal fury lose alot of single target DPS since ambidexterity is pretty good?
https://pastebin.com/FfDN65K9

You're missing a lot of things, have a look at the gear section. You have Brutality on your Double Strike, that is huge of course. You also have less than 3 stat jewels, and even an abyss jewel socketed in your tree. Gear could be improved a bit.

Also, my character from last league shows 13 mill in PoB. To calculate it correctly, you need the PoB Fork from Local Identity, so that Elusive, Close Combat, and Opportunistic are counted. I made some changes to your tree and got you to 5.5 mill. Drop Brutality for Ruthless for sure, and I cut all those cluster jewel points in favor of more life and other damage nodes. This puts you over 6k life.
https://pastebin.com/4acmx6MD
Spoiler
"
Chnams wrote:
Hi, another day, other questions.

1) What do you think of Vaal Pact? Worth to take it or not?
2) How bad/memey of an idea is Abyssus on this build? It would add some ridiculous levels of damage but the increased physical damage taken seems like an extremely bad idea lol

Finally, I got lucky and found some rare loot and I now have 10 ex to spend on things, does anyone have any suggestions as to what my next upgrade would be?
Here is my gear :

Your neck is missing multi, I'd replace that asap. You should get a Belly and find the resists elsewhere. Your steel ring is nice, but you need that for resists. Life>damage with this build. Your swords are decent but not amazing. Your shaper ring has no stats at all really, I bet you can find a nice replacement.

No on Vaal Pact. Been there, done that, not worth. It was only good on insta leech berserker in 3.0 and on Slayers before they were nerfed. And Abyssus just isn't worth it, our damage is already great. Feel free to play around with one if you find one and if you've just leveled ;)
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 25, 2020, 6:56:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info