[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

hi. I haven't played for a while and I have a question. What is the defensive mechanic for this build? Usually I saw Immortal Call+ CWDT. For this build I only saw Fortify. Is it tanky enough?
"
thkhang92 wrote:
hi. I haven't played for a while and I have a question. What is the defensive mechanic for this build? Usually I saw Immortal Call+ CWDT. For this build I only saw Fortify. Is it tanky enough?

Definitely tanky enough. Lots of dodge. Pinch of block. Reasonable life pool. Elusive and Mistwalker are so good, I'm surprised they were left alone for 3.9. Also, lots of damage. Feel free to watch some vids in the guide to get a sense of the squishyness. HC should be doable with some adjustments.
"
m2abrams15 wrote:
so we should try swapping to flicker around 50-60 range, what should we use primarily for leveling pre that point? any suggestions?

Whatever you want, really. I like to level with a variety of skills to keep it interesting because going through the campaign is so tedious. Double Strike with Splash, Ancestral Call, Multi, and Melee Phys is a win of course, but Frost Blades is another favorite of mine for fast leveling. Just get to maps asap, and have fun getting there.
what about bandit choice?
Hi, thanks for the guide, I will try it as my league starter for 3.9 !

I'm not sure to fully understand how ancestral call works with flicker. Does the hits on other targets can give frenzy charge ? And same question for melee splash, does the aoe splash can give frenzy charge ?

I used to play flicker strike pre-3.7 with oro's sacrifice, so I never used the "new" flicker.
"
thkhang92 wrote:

The POB links indicate that bandit choice is to help alira, but it would be nice if that was called out explicitly in one of the guide subsections
what do you think about slayer changes with the red trail boots, is your build more viable?
"
thkhang92 wrote:

Added. Definitely Alira.
"
Krowdzilla wrote:
what do you think about slayer changes with the red trail boots, is your build more viable?

If you want a pure flicker build, then Golden Rule/Red Trail is definitely better than it was because you don't have to convert 99% anymore. Trying to flicker down bosses sucks though, very little control, and you miss telegraphs. Also, having to use both a lousy jewel and lousy boots to make it work still makes it pretty unimpressive to me. We get the best of both with this build, mad fast clearing with Flicker, and amazing single target with Double Strike without any silly shenanigans.
So Im lvl 75ish used it as a league starter and it suprisingly strong and great against the new league mechaninc. My problem tho is the mana, I have to spam mana pot constantly, how did you end up not having that problem with no leach on higher levels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info